Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,793 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

We had thunderstorms and heavy rain on holidays last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,900 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

31c was showing on the outdoor temp probe here today. Got it Lidl during the year. Probe is under the timber seat in the back yard. Shaded but concrete would push temperature up a bit.

Well, I wasn't far out. Shannon Airport recorded the highest yesterday at 30.8C.
    Met Eireann showing some clouds for Sunday evening.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Well, I wasn't far out. Shannon Airport recorded the highest yesterday at 30.8C.
    Met Eireann showing some clouds for Sunday evening.

Id put money on 32 today

Well the same temp probe is showing 30.2C here now and it's only 10AM.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Arrah lads, I though i'd trained ye.

[IMG]https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=454329&d=1530054918[/IMG BP, just edit and post that but close the last[/IMG with another ]

I'm still only seeing half of it??

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

Costa Del Clare. 33.8C.
    That's under a timber bench so in the shade and away from concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Costa Del Clare. 33.8C.

It most definitely is hot, hot hot here (Shannon) today. Just went for a quick stroll 5 mins ago and couldn't wait to get back in to the air conditioned office!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

blue5000 wrote: »
    I'm still only seeing half of it??

I'm seeing the whole thing, try deleting your cache/cookies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Roads are a disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Mooooo wrote: »
    Roads are a disaster

Seen a video earlier and the roads are coming apart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭tanko

Costa Del Clare. 33.8C.

32 degrees in Shannon today, highest temp there since 1976 but you’re hardly old enough to remember that Patsy!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Mooooo wrote: »
    Roads are a disaster
    Turned left at a cross roads heading up a hill and it was like driving on ice. The wheels were just spinning on the liquid tar.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I'm seeing the whole thing, try deleting your cache/cookies.

Thanks Lady H, that worked. Sorry Stretch film I just did a quick copy and paste on your pic, instead of the whole long routine of re-sizing it etc. I have a cousin that does a few trips a year on the voyager as well!

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

tanko wrote: »
    32 degrees in Shannon today, highest temp there since 1976 but you’re hardly old enough to remember that Patsy!!!!

I only remember the wet years and the stress of trying to save hay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭tanko

1995 is the closest year to this weather i remember but i think that came in August??

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Amazing full moon rising

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

tanko wrote: »
    1995 is the closest year to this weather i remember but i think that came in August??
    Think it was earlier than August. Remember being down in the square in Thurles the day of the Munster Final. A pure roaster of a day. Never forget a lad passing through the square with a load of square bales. Place packed all it needed was a tool to put a fag to the hay.
    Probably a Tipp lad just pissed off they weren't playing.
    Gwan The Banner

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Burning Tires

Forecast at the moment is for 12mm rain here in west cork on sunday afternoon to sunday midnight. But its constantly changing.

landscape-1432932926-hackers-closed-san-francisco-because-its-too-hot-outside.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Forecast at the moment is for 12mm rain here in west cork on sunday afternoon to sunday midnight. But its constantly changing.

Saw that back on Monday. Disappeared then returned with lower amounts and now going from sunday till Thursday. Spreader will be flat out tomorrow.

• Advertisement

landscape-1432932926-hackers-closed-san-francisc-because-its-too-hot-outside.jpg

32 C is shy of 90F. how do ppl put up with this regularly

ganmo wrote: »

I'm comfortable enough it here tbh! I'll take it over losing wellies in gaps any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I'm comfortable enough it here tbh! I'll take it over losing wellies in gaps any day.

Same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

ganmo wrote: »

Your body adjusts.
    Back in December 2010, when the temp. was down around minus 10, after a week or two it's became almost normal.
    When the temp. finally rose to minus 1, it seemed almost balmy, and you felt like you could go around in a shirt.

We have air conditioning here on holidays. It's great. See the locals going around in shirts and trousers and us baked in tshirts and shorts.

Well the same temp probe is showing 30.2C here now and it's only 10AM.
    Showing 32.5c today folks. Might see that record broken today in Shannon airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

whelan2 wrote: »
    We have air conditioning here on holidays. It's great. See the locals going around in shirts and trousers and used baked in tshirts and shorts.

Never forget it, a few years ago myself and herself were holidaying in a city in Italy. It was Ocrober but the weather was fabulous. The mornings would be cool (not cold) but by 11am the days would turn into a roaster.

After overdressing the day before and then having to strip and lug jackets etc around, l told herself we'd dress 'appropriately' for the weather. Off we head down the street like ones heading to the beach. Shorts up to our arse and skimpy top.... and that was just me! :D All the italians heading to work dressed in their Autumn attire, boots, coats and scarfs meeting us on the street. We looked like a hooker and her pimp. We should have suffered it out, but we chickened out and turned swiftly on our heel and legged it back to get changed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭I says

We have air conditioning here on holidays. It's great. See the locals going around in shirts and trousers and us baked in tshirts and shorts.

Was in Vegas a few years back the last week of September me and herself dying with the heat around 21/23c and the yanks going around with coats and heavier clothes on them.
    Spot the paddies

I says wrote: »
    Was in Vegas a few years back the last week of September me and herself dying with the heat around 21/23c and the yanks going around with coats and heavier clothes on them.
    Spot the paddies

Have really bad mosquito bites. That's one thing you don't get in Ireland...

• Advertisement

Have really bad mosquito bites. That's one thing you don't get in Ireland...

Poxy horseflys though

Advertisement