Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Just dont shake near main road or neighbours might call the men in the white coats to haul ya off. ��

It's exactly where I'll be spreading!! :pac:

Ah when the rains come they'll be thinking I'm a great farmer!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Parishlad wrote: »
    It's exactly where I'll be spreading!! :pac:

Ah when the rains come they'll be thinking I'm a great farmer!!!

Ah they’ll have forgotten about your master stroke and just call ya lucky...that or say you’ve great ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

About 45 mins of light rain here this morning in deepest darkest mayo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,793 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Anyone get any rain yet today? Overcast here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Drizzle here in mayo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,900 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

We're not goig to get any rain here for at least another week in east Clare.:mad:

From Met Eireann and YR.no

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

Heavy drizzle is all up in Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭hurling_lad

Met Éireann outlook:
    "Headline: No relief from the drought"

Obvs not what anyone wants to hear but at least it is clear and unequivocal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

whelan2 wrote: »
    Anyone get any rain yet today? Overcast here

If anyone was good at the animations of the radar. This would be a good one.

But there's a big blob of rain off the Antrim coast just off the coast mind.
    A very small part took a notion and has gone south to Meath Louth.

Those tin foil sites I look at are nearly making sense in that some say rain is water that doesn't want to kill itself by falling on dry land. It'll fall in the sea before dry land.

The animation I looked at was from met eireann.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Put out 6 bags of nitrogen last night. Got up this morning not a drop of rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

If anyone was good at the animations of the radar. This would be a good one.

But there's a big blob of rain off the Antrim coast just off the coast mind.
    A very small part took a notion and has gone south to Meath Louth.

Those tin foil sites I look at are nearly making sense in that some say rain is water that doesn't want to kill itself by falling on dry land. It'll fall in the sea before dry land.

The animation I looked at was from met eireann.

We've had rain since about half four, nice steady drizzle. Only enough to require a drop of petrol to light the tyres on the bonfire!! The pallets should still burn ok tonight. :D

Misty most of the day yesterday, today looking the same, nw mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snowfire

Looks like rain ted

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

We're not goig to get any rain here for at least another week in east Clare.:mad:

From Met Eireann and YR.no

We might get a small drop on Sunday according to ME but after that it looks like next Wednesday again before there's any hope of rain around us Patsy.
    It could all change again though. Seems like any time rain is forecast it has disappeared again the following day or has been pushed out by another few days.
    I chickened out of spreading any fertiliser the last couple of nights. Just as well! The neighbours definitely would have been calling the men with white coats for me! :D

We've had rain since about half four, nice steady drizzle. Only enough to require a drop of petrol to light the tyres on the bonfire!! The pallets should still burn ok tonight. :D

And smoke particles can gather moisture on them and then form rain.
    So make it a big one! ;)

Who knows maybe some of that rain will then cross the border? :)

We got about 10 minutes rain. Was lovely. Am fencing today couldn't do it yesterday as was being bitten by midges and flies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Light mist on and off here all day. Not enough to wet the footpath.

We got about 10 minutes rain. Was lovely. Am fencing today couldn't do it yesterday as was being bitten by midges and flies.

https://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/heres-youre-mosquito-magnet.html

UK met Office apparently saying this weather will be here until mid August!

UK met Office apparently saying this weather will be here until mid August!

It's increasingly looking like that statement could be correct.
    Everyone here knows how the forecast rain on apps etc is disappearing when it gets near the time.
    I had to look at for our forecast rain for next week just when you posted that and even that is being downgraded now on the models. It seems it's nearly impossible at this stage to get rain in Ireland.

It's like these weather modification people in their underground bunker at Mount Rushmore had a meeting and about what could they do now and one suggestion was to stop it raining in Ireland. They all agreed it was an impossible task to do except the nerdy fella with glasses in the back who said he could do it.

• Advertisement

A new one for me.

No high pressure for next week nor low pressure but a Col for next week.

Going by the graphics there might be thunderstorms in Waterford/wexford on Friday.

10 day forecast from the British met office.

https://youtu.be/zU3RHsqvRTs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭Odelay

Threw buckets of water around some small trees in the garden. Also left the windows open in the jeep and velux windows wide open in the house while I walked to local for a couple of pints. If that doesn't get it to rain, nothing will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Drops of rain in Waterford. And gone.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

Raining steadily since 5 this morning, slowing a bit now looking like its trying to dry off, Erris peninsula.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

The Met,bbc and all the weather apps seem to always show wet weather at the end of the long forecasts yet as one poster said already, the rain disappears from the forecast as it gets closer.

The reality is we are mid-summer so its not unlikely that we could go till the end of September now before we get any significant rainfall.
    On the plus side it should make a great end of year for reseeding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Raining here in south mayo

24 degrees here. Blue sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Dark clouds & Rained earlier, only put on a jumper.
    Similar clouds 12 weeks ago & the rain soaked me through.
    Wonder is the heat evaporating is some of the rain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭Base price

A few drops falling here at the minute but so far only enough to darken the concrete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭stanflt

Dry as a bone here since 4th may

Advertisement