Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

tanko wrote:
    Wasnt it this week last year it started raining and didnt stop for nine months.

Ya on my wedding day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,793 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

There's some poor woman in Ireland now looking at their baba and wondering if their child will sprout horns at adolescence.

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

dzer2 wrote: »
    Dont know I was in the town today whilst it was trying to rain none of it fell on the ground. Back in Kilkenny not enough to dampen the dust.

Kilkenny is cursed anyways so..

The rain built up all day over the mountains here. Rain here in the morning, then a shower at lunch, followed by mist and more rain at milking this evening.
    It all counts. Even the dull days help the grass.
    Ah we've definitely turned a corner.
    I've said it before but the grass is showing the benefit of it.

The weather charts are all showing a change of different degrees.

whelan2 wrote: »
    ?

If it rains every day from conception to birth. It's a sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭tanko

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Ya on my wedding day!

What date was that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Ya on my wedding day!
    I always thought you were to blame alright:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

I always thought you were to blame alright:D

Heard of good luck if it rains on the wedding day, whatever about for 8 months after it. Buy any lotto tickets kev??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Mooooo wrote: »
    Heard of good luck if it rains on the wedding day, whatever about for 8 months after it. Buy any lotto tickets kev??
    Wouldn’t of rained if he had to invite us
    Just poured from the tap ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Had to get pulled into a field when collecting round bales of straw this morning. The ground was greasy from the bit of rain and the lorry just sat with the rear wheels spinning. It got worse later in the day after more misty rain and I got stuck (wheels spinning) on the pass into the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

tanko wrote:
    What date was that?

20th July 17, the day I threw my freedom away, and it was a great summer before that day and reception was meant to be outdoor beside the shannon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

20th July 17, the day I threw my freedom away, and it was a great summer before that day and reception was meant to be outdoor beside the shannon...

It's a sign kev

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Surprised to see the sun back out, could do with a few more overcast days

Overcast and 18 degrees here now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Overcast and 18 degrees here now

Rain is back for the end of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

We've heard that one before Reggie but wolf has been called enough times by the charts and weather models at this stage!!! Ive the heaviest cattle in the winterage eating silage at the barrier and the two groups of 15mt olds on 2 fields eating from ring feeders. i intend to spray off next week and reseed both ot those once normality resumes. I have 8 fields that could give light grazing relief but i would prefer to build up some covers before grazing only again. This might give me the option then for a second cut off some of it if there is a massive growth spurt. 2/3 of grazing ground has bag of pasture sward to acre spread but the rest is too dry and not even making a dew on the cooler nights. 5 acre silage field that got reseed last sept got a poor return for second cut on the 2nd July 6 bales to acre, but is greening up nicely now and have N ready for the rain. I put out 1.5bags 0-7-30 on it before the light rain last weekend . I would hope to get another 40+ bales 3rd cut in Sept from that which would leave me with the same amount of silage as last year. Was lucky to get all silage made mid-end of May and that I didnt top any paddocks after second graze and got extra bales off them in mid june. Grass that is doing okay is still like walking on a frosty morning but where there is grass there is dew most mornings. This is keeping it alive. No complaints really. Cattle thriving on good silage and the pick of dry matter they graze and 1.5kg meal. No issue with water here TG. On a normal year we can graze most stock from feb to mid nov so it more than equals out compared to guys and gals on heavy ground that have cattle in from oct to may most years. We can only take this year on the chin, learn and adapt and if it comes around again in a few years we all will all be capable of putting a plan in place earlier and ride it out smoother.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

We've heard that one before Reggie but wolf has been called enough times by the charts and weather models at this stage!!! Ive the heaviest cattle in the winterage eating silage at the barrier and the two groups of 15mt olds on 2 fields eating from ring feeders. i intend to spray off next week and reseed both ot those once normality resumes. I have 8 fields that could give light grazing relief but i would prefer to build up some covers before grazing only again. This might give me the option then for a second cut off some of it if there is a massive growth spurt. 2/3 of grazing ground has bag of pasture sward to acre spread but the rest is too dry and not even making a dew on the cooler nights. 5 acre silage field that got reseed last sept got a poor return for second cut on the 2nd July 6 bales to acre, but is greening up nicely now and have N ready for the rain. I put out 1.5bags 0-7-30 on it before the light rain last weekend . I would hope to get another 40+ bales 3rd cut in Sept from that which would leave me with the same amount of silage as last year. Was lucky to get all silage made mid-end of May and that I didnt top any paddocks after second graze and got extra bales off them in mid june. Grass that is doing okay is still like walking on a frosty morning but where there is grass there is dew most mornings. This is keeping it alive. No complaints really. Cattle thriving on good silage and the pick of dry matter they graze and 1.5kg meal. No issue with water here TG. On a normal year we can graze most stock from feb to mid nov so it more than equals out compared to guys and gals on heavy ground that have cattle in from oct to may most years. We can only take this year on the chin, learn and adapt and if it comes around again in a few years we all will all be capable of putting a plan in place earlier and ride it out smoother.

You giving meal to the heavy cattle or just the silage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

CHOPS01 wrote: »

You giving meal to the heavy cattle or just the silage.

Giving them all 1.5kg. Keep them ticking over.

One clap of thunder. Co.Wexford
    No rain. Dark clouds on a northerly breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭blackdog1

Got a lovely shower there in North Cork. Anything helps.

29 degrees here now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭newholland mad

At the ossory show today and it was boiling with a searing sun. Much cloudier when we got home. Fields around rathdowney and abbeyleix not near as burned up as carlow though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Everywhere is polluted with flying ants this evening, must be a good dash of rain on the way.

Everywhere is polluted with flying ants this evening, must be a good dash of rain on the way.

Just after walking through a flock of em. Rain ants we call em round here.

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Just after walking through a flock of em. Rain ants we call em round here.
    I am after doing the kids for headlice again, maybe it was those ants and not headlice

I am after doing the kids for headlice again, maybe it was those ants and not headlice

Thanks !!
    Although they would have much cover here for nesting

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭The Rabbi

I think those flying ants appear around here on the 23-26 July irrespective of the weather.Small numbers before and after.

The Rabbi wrote: »
    I think those flying ants appear around here on the 23-26 July irrespective of the weather.Small numbers before and after.

Appear here before rain. Had em here last Friday week and we got a mice drop on the Saturday night/Sunday morning.

The Rabbi wrote: »

I have no idea about ants but..
    There is a rain band crossing the country tomorrow anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Feck me there is a drizzle falling
    God bless those ants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

The ground was wet when I was going to bed last night and lo and behold still wet when I got up this morning. Long time since I've seen that.

Advertisement