Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Nice persistent rain here in kerry all morning.Hope you get it further east. 💧

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Mooooo wrote: »
    The Mother was telling me of a similar period came to an end with serious thunder showers in the eighties, dad was milking when the lightning started he stopped up got the cows out of the parlour and the power went as they were walking out. Similar to the lightning we had here last autumn apparently

1985 this time of year saw a thunder storm that people thought was the end of the world.
    I know families that were out of their beds during the night saying the rosery in preparation for meeting their maker. On the flip side my dad had us up at the window watching the show eating biscuits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

_Brian wrote: »
    1985 this time of year saw a thunder storm that people thought was the end of the world.
    I know families that were out of their beds during the night saying the rosery in preparation for meeting their maker. On the flip side my dad had us up at the window watching the show eating biscuits.

Was 1984 not a really warm year too? Because there's photo of my parents on their wedding day next to me (awwww) and the grass is completely brown under them. It's not brown in the same spot this year- beside the shannon Roscommon side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Was 1984 not a really warm year too? Because there's photo of my parents on their wedding day next to me (awwww) and the grass is completely brown under them. It's not brown in the same spot this year- beside the shannon Roscommon side.

https://www.met.ie/cms/assets/uploads/2017/08/July1985_Thunderstorm.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Floods of water running down the yard here now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Very windy here in Templemore at the minute.if this doesn't bring rain with it then I can forget about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

and Charlie was that year too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

sepia filter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Yep 1984 last major drought in Roscommon.
    Very few here remember 76 as a bad drought - maybe that was confined to south East.

They say 84 was worse than this year because it started in early May so first cuts were affected.
    At least this year first cuts were done before it really hit growth.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

According to my sources it's 'raining nicely' around Ennis now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

finla wrote: »
    Warm and sunny here in Wexford! For a change...! Sunday for rain apparently but I'll believe it when I see it.

They're getting heavy rain in the west atm.

My gut feeling is with low pressure coming up against the 35c warm air in Britain atm if when those fronts come our direction we'll be flooded out of it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

Parishlad wrote: »
    According to my sources it's 'raining nicely' around Ennis now!

Sure is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I remember it very well. A tree across the river from my Mam's got hit by lightening and rattle of thunder that instantly followed nearly deafened me. It was an exciting night and my eldest brother brought us for a spin in his van to higher ground so that we could watch the lightening show better.

rushvalley wrote: »
    Sure is!

Great stuff! Not a drop here in Shannon until about 5 mins ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

rushvalley wrote: »
    Sure is!

Send it on this way and I might even cheer on the Clare lads against the matties on Saturday evening 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

Heavy rain in southwest clare haven't seen much since 23 may bit of mist last week that was all really

boggerman1 wrote: »
    Send it on this way and I might even cheer on the Clare lads against the matties on Saturday evening ��

It's on the way over to you now!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Milling rain in mid clare since 1pm. My 3month old is looking confused and my 3 year old is looking for her wellies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Just started here now looks like proper rain hopefully. Christ I hope I don't regret looking for rain

Just started here now looks like proper rain hopefully. Christ I hope I don't regret looking for rain

Balls it stopped again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Balls it stopped again

That didn't last long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

This would do nicely. ..

Reggie. wrote: »
    That didn't last long

Back again with a a bang. Fecking loader door left off and seat soaked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Roads will be greasy so be careful folks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I could barely see the road a half an hour ago on the ennis bypass- some rain falling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Couple of heaviesh showers here ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,793 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Grand sunny evening in louth

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

whelan2 wrote: »
    Grand sunny evening in louth

Horrible wet evening in Galway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭Odelay

Got drenched here. Delighted:)

Tis good proper wet rain, first since May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭TL17

Got 20 min light rain at 6 o'clock. Stopped again. Had me swearing at it. Lashing now. Oh the relief

Advertisement