Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭Base price

_Brian wrote: »
    Light showers on and off all day.
    No rain here today and very little fell last night. We would be about 10 miles from your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Rain,glorious rain here in Templemore since about 3pm.hope it keeps going ,had a lad in spreading slurry with the trailing shoe on the cow paddocks,while I was spreading slurry for 2nd cut silage.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

the rain has arrived in Wexford, tis very welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,793 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

the rain has arrived in Wexford, tis very welcome

Was looking at the races from Wexford on sky sports. Lovely green grass and sods coming up while they are running. They must have been watering the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

whelan2 wrote: »
    Was looking at the races from Wexford on sky sports. Lovely green grass and sods coming up while they are running. They must have been watering the course?

must have been, only green spot in the county

• Advertisement

must have been, only green spot in the county

Ye I asked someone was it today or a recording. Looks very green

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Am in Wexford town having a pint it is spilling brilliant absolutely brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭I says

grassroot1 wrote: »
    Am in Wexford town having a pint it is spilling brilliant absolutely brilliant

Not if you’re on your holidays sunny south east my arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Galway races are running 2 irrigators

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Screenshot_2018-07-27-21-20-18.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Galway races are running 2 irrigators

Tricky conditions last night Limerick racecourse rain during evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Thunder at York races today meant they had to do a standing start for the lassies apprentice one. Was pouring with rain.

IT IS RAINING :eek:

IT IS RAINING :eek:

Never :D

gozunda wrote: »
    Never :D
    Only started here now

Only started here now

Heavy rain? It's now been raining most of the day here....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

It's only rained two days this summer. One day two weeks ago when I brought the kids to the Zoo and second time when we went to do Waterford green way. Got absolutely soaked to the skin. Thought it wasn't coming until the weekend.

Even thought the Waterford land needed it. 'Twas fair burnt

gozunda wrote: »
    Heavy rain? It's now been raining most of the day here....
    Light rain. wanted to do the cows with pour on for worms after milking but thought it was going to rain, only started raining at 9pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Light rain. wanted to do the cows with pour on for worms after milking but thought it was going to rain, only started raining at 9pm
    I was delivering bales at 8.30pm within 5 miles and the heavens opened for half an hour. I had to put on a rain coat to open the straps. When I got home there was only the slightest drizzle falling and the lane wasn't even wet.
    I'm reluctant to wish for rain in case I jinx the weather and it doesn't stop raining until sometime in Spring 2019 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

boggerman1 wrote: »
    Rain,glorious rain here in Templemore since about 3pm.hope it keeps going ,had a lad in spreading slurry with the trailing shoe on the cow paddocks,while I was spreading slurry for 2nd cut silage.

Told you we’d send drop over. You’ll have to practice the Banner roar for tomorrow.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭finla

Good heavy downpour here at last!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭I says

Raining, lunar eclipse and mars my arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Loads of rain here. I keep thinking when I go outside tomorrow I will have green fields and loads of grass.. wishful thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Heavy showers here from 1030

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Heavy showers here from 1030

Got 12mm here, I see parts of wicklow got 30mm.....hope it keeps raining now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Very torn here over the weather.

We’re in heavy ground so grass never ran out, plenty of rain here overnight and it’s still hammering down, farming on heavy ground your never happy to see a torrential night and days rain, never !

On the flip side I see land in other places where lads are in a shocking state so I feel bad for wishing the rain away. I also know if there’s any hope for cattle prices rain is needed to build fodder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Heavy downpours yesterday in the West with a shower or two overnight, Half my land is low lying and wet most years and the other half is south facing hilly land thats now burnt to a crisp, grass is going to be a problem in the coming weeks as i'm going to try and hold out for a second cut, should be putting out the slurry this weekend but i can't now so will have to wait until next week, putting out a few bags today to try and get some grass growing, the few bags i put out last week is putting a colour on the land but not much in the way of real growth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 JohnnyFiatMan

Torrential rain here in Tyrone

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Donegalforever

I am not that terrible far from Brian
    Only light rain here in this part of N. Donegal most of today.
    Like some other areas with heavy land, we didn't suffer too bad with grass growth.
    I really feel for all those who have had very bad growth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭buffalobilly

I am not that terrible far from Brian
    Only light rain here in this part of N. Donegal most of today.
    Like some other areas with heavy land, we didn't suffer too bad with grass growth.
    I really feel for all those who have had very bad growth.

pissing rain here from 11.00 this morning and im in north donegal as well
    (inishowen)

Advertisement