Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

RedPeppers wrote: »
    25mm here today. Grass growing over the ditches.

I'm not surprised, anytime I've been west of athlone your grass ahs been greener than ours all year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

wrangler wrote: »
    I'm not surprised, anytime I've been west of athlone your grass ahs been greener than ours all year

Greener yes but that doesnt mean that ye were burnt. Seen a picture on brian nicholsoons farm in kk and its the greenest field ive seen in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Greener yes but that doesnt mean that ye were burnt. Seen a picture on brian nicholsoons farm in kk and its the greenest field ive seen in a while

I say Brian would laugh at that he is like any farmer under pressure with grass growth, as the old saying never judge a book by the cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I haven't been posting in a while but I had to share this.
    Even just for the mention of Ireland playing diddly eye music over losses to the potato crop. Typical Paddies.
    They take nothing seriously. ;)

Not even a new solar minimum age.
    Getting a kick from this is guarranteed. :)

https://youtu.be/KKJ3RFIi5wA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,793 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Got about 20 minutes of heavy rain at home this evening, I was about a mile away at a football game and the sun stayed shining. Got very cold very quick this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Got no rain that was forecast only a great drying wind. looks like a nice band of rain just of west coast might bring rain for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Raining here, more on than off since 10 this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Mooooo wrote: »
    Raining here, more on than off since 10 this morning

Great day till now. Nice shower atm. Not heavy though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭Simmental.

Got heavy rain around 10 last night in Clare. Got 8mm in total

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Nice drip here in the Midlands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Who2

What areas are still burnt up? Things seem back to normal here in the north east got a serious deluge last night . Grass is back flying it. I only cut half my second cut and have a bit closed for third here so should get a few bales spare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Who2 wrote: »
    What areas are still burnt up? Things seem back to normal here in the north east got a serious deluge last night . Grass is back flying it. I only cut half my second cut and have a bit closed for third here so should get a few bales spare.
    The South-east is still struggling, virtually nothing last night. We didn't get much here either but every mm counts at this stage. Taking out 7 acres of bales mid week hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

The South-east is still struggling, virtually nothing last night. We didn't get much here either but every mm counts at this stage. Taking out 7 acres of bales mid week hopefully.

We’re getting lots of it here, if you’d like to take away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

humid and a bit of drizzle day here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Not a drop here - everything drying up again. Is there supposed to be more from that ex tropical storm?

We’re getting lots of it here, if you’d like to take away

Send it on! Could easily take 25mm here atm, growth slowing again and ration up to 5 kgs again.

gozunda wrote: »
    Not a drop here - everything drying up again. Is there supposed to be more from that ex tropical storm?

Might be a bit tonight again iirc but probably not much down here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 colmahon

who cares ,its Ireland ,expect anything :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Drizzly damp morning, not wet enough to wet the soil but wet enough to put off the mower....

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

gozunda wrote: »

We have such a mad little baxtard of a country. I had floods in some fields yesterday. Cant get two dry days in a row to make the second cut. If only we could swap weather for a week.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Back to normality :(

DT0uIVKh.jpg

Back to normality :(

DT0uIVKh.jpg

We need some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Reggie. wrote: »
    We need some

I'll gladly trade!! Drove over to carrick & back, raining both ways. Stopped now though.

I'll gladly trade!! Drove over to carrick & back, raining both ways. Stopped now though.

Bit of rain here but no effect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Nothing falling here in limerick, fella spread the FYM for me today and dust rising from the tryes up and down the passage

Very heavy fog here last night, visiblity was bad

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Calfscour

25 degrees in cork no rain of note since 27th July

Calfscour wrote: »
    25 degrees in cork no rain of note since 27th July

Jaysus. I can't dry clothes here this last few days. Rain most days

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Calfscour

whelan2 wrote: »
    Jaysus. I can't dry clothes here this last few days. Rain most days

North cork and south Limerick struggling badly still. Next week given extremely dry as well!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Calfscour wrote: »
    North cork and south Limerick struggling badly still. Next week given extremely dry as well!!

And parts of South tipp

Advertisement