Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Current estimates are saying that it will hit the south east, and should bring lots of rain, yay!!! But that is nearly guaranteed to totally change over the next few days, it's too early to tell.

I'm just worried about the ploughing. Tuesday is the only day I can go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭I says

Reggie. wrote: »

The ploughing will get soaked according to midlands weather man on book face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Current estimates are saying that it will hit the south east, and should bring lots of rain, yay!!! But that is nearly guaranteed to totally change over the next few days, it's too early to tell.

I can't understand how people around the southeast are still looking for rain.
    I was talking to a lad from Camolin this morning and the conversation started that there was a good bit of rain last night and he was delighted with himself. I replied I had enough of rain three weeks ago. He replied his grass was still under stress and he needed it but that the year has moved on now and even if he does get it it's too late.

I guess it's area and soil specific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,793 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Tbf it can't be much wetter than the Wednesday last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭corks finest

Stars shining in carrigaline,dry,cold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

theres still streams with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I can't understand how people around the southeast are still looking for rain.
    I was talking to a lad from Camolin this morning and the conversation started that there was a good bit of rain last night and he was delighted with himself. I replied I had enough of rain three weeks ago. He replied his grass was still under stress and he needed it but that the year has moved on now and even if he does get it it's too late.

I guess it's area and soil specific.

Ground is still absolutely rock hard anything more than 2inchs or lower here, we have only grown about 30 on average since the rain came in early August.

Ground is still absolutely rock hard anything more than 2inchs or lower here, we have only grown about 30 on average since the rain came in early August.

Are you sure the grass growth is all rain dependent?

My acquaintance in Camolin had to concede that ground that got fym weeks ago is flying it while the rest he's still looking for rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭MfMan

For Galway, yr.no and weather-forecast.com (which I'd trust more) show almost diametrically opposite forecasts for next week. Doctors differ and patients die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

ganmo wrote: »
    theres still streams with me

meant to say theres still streams dry with me

• Advertisement

My acquaintance in Camolin had to concede that ground that got fym weeks ago is flying it while the rest he's still looking for rain.

Is the south east not a big area though. What tim is getting and what you might be getting are probably completely different. I know a farmer 4 miles from me still looking for more rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Not a hope I could risk spreading fym in the summer, unless it was guaranteed to rain afterwards, which it never was. I did get out some watery slurry, defo greened up them paddocks but wasn't much grass. Most of Leinster got at least 15mm mid August which drove things on again, we got very little of that, no more than 3mm any days, how much of which evaporated away?

Plenty of heavy showers here today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭Odelay

https://explore.org/livecams/oceans/frying-pan-cam

Live feed from 30 miles out to sea of hurricane Florence. Tis a good stiff breeze now!

Odelay wrote: »

Live feed from 30 miles out to sea of hurricane Florence. Tis a good stiff breeze now!

That flag aint gonna last long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

That flag aint gonna last long

Was it ripped then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭Odelay

Was it ripped then?

No, wasn't sure if it would rip or take off. It was a new flag an hour ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Justjens

If they need to divert a flight from Shannon there'd be no problem with a jumbo landing here....

At best we've had 3" of rain since the 1st of August, most of that in the last fortnight or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

No, wasn't sure if it would rip or take off. It was a new flag an hour ago.

We've lost a chunk of flag & the camera took a bit of a whiskey twist :pac:

461227.jpg

Pig farmers in North Carolina these last few days were rushing to empty out their slurry lagoons ahead of Florence.
    Seemingly a good few of them out there!

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/09/11/646790793/hog-farmers-scramble-to-drain-waste-pools-ahead-of-hurricane-florence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Here in NW we have had heavy rain particularly at night for almost a fortnight.’Wet’ land is wet again iykwim and the lovely dry conditions of Summer are a distant memory.Only plus point is great growth over last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭newholland mad

Very same here and wouldnt be light ground. Dont mesure grass but damm all growth after about 1 week in aug after the 1st rain and back to drought ever since. Put up a row of pigtails before the rain on tuesday night and nearly impossible to get them down.

Nice deluge of rain when I was bringing the cows in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Wind blowing a gale here for last hour or so. Have gotten to hate to wind in recent years, something that never bothered me before.

_Brian wrote: »
    Wind blowing a gale here for last hour or so. Have gotten to hate to wind in recent years, something that never bothered me before.

Nice drop of rain came with the wind here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Rain rain and more rain followed by some rain. If this keeps up fields will be getting poached in a week or two.

Rain rain and more rain followed by some rain. If this keeps up fields will be getting poached in a week or two.

Lovely day here. Sun out 18 degrees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

How do you get onto old Met Éireann site to see weather for few days ahead?....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

How do you get onto old Met Éireann site to see weather for few days ahead?....

Archive.met.ie at top of screen
    http://mobile.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp?LW=Wexford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭MfMan

Posted this previously I know, but the difference between yr.no and weather-forecast for Galway for the coming week is almost staggering. yr predicting almost summer-like conditions. Bonkers!

Advertisement