Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Looks like a bit of heat next week. What a year for heavy land. Never have been so relaxed over the last few months. Looks like we'll get grazing for anther while yet.

A full week into October and here I am looking at yr.no praying for some rain, what a disaster of a yr for the south east haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Timmaay wrote: »
    A full week into October and here I am looking at yr.no praying for some rain, what a disaster of a yr for the south east haha.

Praying for it

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Praying it don’t rain here till next summer. Serious year for grass here on heavy ground. After the last few years this year was badly needed here. Lovely sunny day atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,794 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

RedPeppers wrote: »
    Praying it don’t rain here till next summer. Serious year for grass here on heavy ground. After the last few years this year was badly needed here. Lovely sunny day atm
    Unreal here too, cows milking really well too. Was bad until the middle of May. Have a months grass ahead of me if weather plays ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Did someone say rain?
    Over 4 inches promised here in next two days, this will finish off a lot of ground until April / may
    Erris peninsula

• Advertisement

Did someone say rain?
    Over 4 inches promised here in next two days, this will finish off a lot of ground until April / may
    Erris peninsula

The forecast has changed for here, a few days ago Tuesday was to be a washout. Now it's going to be dry

Super day today

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

whelan2 wrote: »
    Super day today

Sure is. Like a Summer's day here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Very warm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭I says

Bastarding flies are out in force today with the heat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Just started raining here. 1 mile from south coast. Strong wind blowing all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

First load of maize on the way. Blowing hard all day, with last 2 days really. No rain yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Was breezy here all day but sunny and warm. Was a wonderful warm evening, last mow of the lawn done there as it got dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Burning Tires

Just started raining here. 1 mile from south coast. Strong wind blowing all day.

It was fairly windy here all day in West Cork, but its mental now. I'm lucky i put away all the loose odds and ends today rather that waiting till tomorrow. No rain yet tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

_Brian wrote: »
    Was breezy here all day but sunny and warm. Was a wonderful warm evening, last mow of the lawn done there as it got dark.

Started same job myself around 6pm,‘‘tis a big garden,got off ride on around 7:45pm....pitch dark....will know in the morning if I missed any bits!!!

Was first dry day here in ten days.

It was fairly windy here all day in West Cork, but its mental now. I'm lucky i put away all the loose odds and ends today rather that waiting till tomorrow. No rain yet tho.

Twas some bollocks trying to get plastic on the walls of the pit. Must have cut off covering it now

Mooooo wrote: »
    Twas some bollocks trying to get plastic on the walls of the pit. Must have cut off covering it now

Oh ffs. Trying to cover in this weather would be a nightmare. Would you not wait till morning?

Oh ffs. Trying to cover in this weather would be a nightmare. Would you not wait till morning?

Rain with the wind in the morning I'd say. Help is here at the moment, cranky but here, be nobody around 2moro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Dry and mild still here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,903 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Storm to hit around midnight.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Dull and overcast here at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

Another cracking day here, its like the middle of Summer. You'd never think that there is a storm on the way

Fuc-kin men-tal here, but not bat sh1t crazy either . But not a patch on Ophelia last year, that god.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭older by the day

Fuc-kin men-tal here, but not bat sh1t crazy either . But not a patch on Ophelia last year, that god.

Sounding bad here in west west cork. Should I have left the cows inside???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭Base price

During storms I always like to look at the buoy reports from Met Eireann. Unfortunately buoy M6 is out of action. AFAIK the RV Celtic Explorer lifted it earlier in the month for maintenance work.

There is nothing so far to match the record set by Ophelia where a wave of 17.81m was recorded by M5.

https://www.met.ie/forecasts/marine-inland-lakes/buoys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭alps

Sounding bad here in west west cork. Should I have left the cows inside???

Cows here at bottom of the farm, in a bowl shape sheltered from all sides...snug as a bug...hope they'll have a yard to come back to in the morning..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Dead calm here in Cavan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Dead calm here in Cavan.

Same here in Offaly an hour and a half ago. Wind rising since then. I'm in bed now and I can hear it outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,903 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Wind starting to roar here now in east Clare.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Getting gusty here in NW with the past half hour.

Advertisement