Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Snow down here and a hard frost over night as well. Fcuk all gritting done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,794 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Mooooo wrote: »
    Snow down here and a hard frost over night as well. Fcuk all gritting done

Just after dropping youngest to school. Jaysus people driving with a tiny hole defrosted in their windscreen wtf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Grand and mild down here, a few spots of hail left in the corners of yards but calm and pleasant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭Base price

A snowy scene here this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Westernrock

Maybe an inch and a half of snow here in the northwest, more on higher spots. Most people unable to cope on the roads this morning but clearing well now🙈

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Bright, nippy morning in the SE. Sunshine and blue skies. White tops to the higher hills in Wicklow. Lovely Spring morning.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭alps

No school busses this morning so had to do the run to Mallow..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

alps wrote: »
    No school busses this morning so had to do the run to Mallow..

Say the kids loved you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I have a dreadful ability to have storms/bad weather anytime I have to travel. Am flying at the end of this month & the end of next month so it's probably guaranteed I'll be stranded somewhere!! :pac:

Ta'daaaaaaa:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I drove from N Kerry to Cork city this morning and that map was spot on. Clonkeen to Macroom was very very interesting across the county bounds.

I was stuck behind a woman driving on top of the snow between the cleared spaces where all the rest of the cars were driving and every so often she'd hit the brakes at random when she thought there was a car too close or coming the other way and start skidding until she regained control.

I'd say I aged about 10 years during those 20 miles:(

Cork county council put out a tweet saying they gritted all major routes, they did in their hole, roads were desperate all over the shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭alps

Reggie. wrote: »
    Say the kids loved you

One of my hobby horses....i just can't stand the COP out nature in some circles when weather difficulties arise...not impossible or dangerous conditions, just ones where a little time and care will get you to work.

Schools are the worst, and it's a horrible message to be teaching kids..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

7 or 8 degrees here today and mostly sunny with little to no wind.
    No snow yet thankfully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,741 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

alps wrote: »
    One of my hobby horses....i just can't stand the COP out nature in some circles when weather difficulties arise...not impossible or dangerous conditions, just ones where a little time and care will get you to work.

Schools are the worst, and it's a horrible message to be teaching kids..

I had that attitude last year in the snow.
    I drove 20 miles in a front wheel drive car no problems where only 4wd's and vans with snow chains were travelling.
    I was getting quite cocky at this stage about my rallying skills and I took a different road home. I passed out my neighbours in their car when they couldn't make it up a hill even with a 4wd quad pulling them along.
    Just up at the top of the hill the cars wheels started spinning and then sliding and then I burst a tyre and then I couldn't change the tyre because the nuts on the alloy wheel were too worn from the use of air guns.
    I had to abandon ship and leave the car for a few days till a service van got to it.

I wouldn't have got any further on that road anyways as a 10ft snowdrift was just around the corner.
    If I had of waited one more day the roads would have been fully cleared and no burst tyre or abandoning the car on the side of the road.
    I was only going to the plumbing shop for water connections that were burst with the frost and when I got to the shop it was closed so i decided to take a "better" road home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭kk.man

I drove 20 miles in a front wheel drive car no problems where only 4wd's and vans with snow chains were travelling.
    I was getting quite cocky at this stage about my rallying skills and I took a different road home. I passed out my neighbours in their car when they couldn't make it up a hill even with a 4wd quad pulling them along.
    Just up at the top of the hill the cars wheels started spinning and then sliding and then I burst a tyre and then I couldn't change the tyre because the nuts on the alloy wheel were too worn from the use of air guns.
    I had to abandon ship and leave the car for a few days till a service van got to it.

I wouldn't have got any further on that road anyways as a 10ft snowdrift was just around the corner.
    If I had of waited one more day the roads would have been fully cleared and no burst tyre or abandoning the car on the side of the road.
    I was only going to the plumbing shop for water connections that were burst with the frost and when I got to the shop it was closed so i decided to take a "better" road home.

Any snow on the blackstairs tonight ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Hahaha I remember the snow of 2010 driving along (at slow speed and on a clearly emply straight wide road ha) with the handbrake on for as long as I could, car would be fishtailing around and the challenge was to keep her pointing straight for as long as possible before you'd be forced to quickly drop the handbrake before the back end would totally step out. Well obviously I got caught out once ha, and the back end totally stepped out and spun the car into what thankfully was just a very shallow roadside drain. However I was proper stuck there, eventually thankfully a car drove by, and 2 lads jumped out and helped me push out the car, but they were properly like how in God's name did you spin the car there on a straight part of the road you absolutely idiot. The joys of your early 20s lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,741 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

kk.man wrote: »
    Any snow on the blackstairs tonight ?

No they're clear atm.

There was a little dusting on them yesterday but they're clear today.
    Just looking at the forecasts there now and it's giving rain here first tomorrow with snow then in the afternoon and into Friday morning.
    No doubt there will be idiots driving up to see Mt Leinster tomorrow and Friday.
    I honestly think these people should keep a bucket of snow in their freezer. Because they seem to quickly forget what it looks like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Light dusting of snow yesterday, heavy frost last night, was -5 when I was out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

_Brian wrote: »
    Light dusting of snow yesterday, heavy frost last night, was -5 when I was out.

Much snow around Brian or is it just heavy frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Reggie. wrote: »
    Much snow around Brian or is it just heavy frost

Nope, just heavy frost.

Pissing rain here with an hour

Last 5 units in milking parlour frozen over. Had drained water out of them yesterday evening. I obviously didn't drain it all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Raining here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Worst day of the winter so far. Icy wind blowing from the East, cattle huddled around ring feeders and humps on them. Still no snow, only the odd shower of hail.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

A cold rain falling in the SE today, bit windy too. Yesterdays sun and blue sky seems a world away.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

greysides wrote: »
    A cold rain falling in the SE today, bit windy too. Yesterdays sun and blue sky seems a world away.

Yea, i was in ICM too today, it was snowing for the differ, but it just wasn't white, fierce cold rain

Beautiful evening here, still bright and very calm. Very few clouds so I'd expect a heavy frost tonight.

Beautiful evening here, still bright and very calm. Very few clouds so I'd expect a heavy frost tonight.

You must live in some foreign weather utopia

• Advertisement

Snow/sleet here now

Advertisement