Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mooooo wrote: »
    You must live in some foreign weather utopia
    We have very strange weather here compared to the rest of the county. There's no mountains either to the east or west of us, here in tropical Kerry, maaaannnn.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Beautiful evening here, still bright and very calm. Very few clouds so I'd expect a heavy frost tonight.

We had a brilliant day here in West cirk today. I was in the t-shirt for an hour or two around midday. Sun out and not a puff if wind.

You must live in some foreign weather utopia

Bloody cold out now and wind rising too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Bit of ground frost here, dead calm and a nice bit of sunshine.
    Feb 1st about ****** time

Lovely morning here but it's after clouding over now and a cold light shower falling now. I'm half sorry I left a few light weanlings out earlier now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Lovely morning here but it's after clouding over now and a cold light shower falling now. I'm half sorry I left a few light weanlings out earlier now.

We had the same up here as well. Cleared now and a lovely evening. S lot of grapple in Tralee this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭I says

Freezing hard out there now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I says wrote: »
    Freezing hard out there now

I'll stay in the pub so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,741 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

9 degrees Celsius here in the SE.

Just after finishing blanket spreading the farm with KAN + S while ground conditions are still reasonable and to have it available for this oncoming mild spell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

9 degrees Celsius here in the SE.

Just after finishing blanket spreading the farm with KAN + S while ground conditions are still reasonable and to have it available for this oncoming mild spell.

Some swing after last night which read - 3 in the car. Been too lazy to get the rest of the fert out here but defo gotta before calving properly kicks off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We had allot of rain last night.
    See plenty of rain in the forecast too.

It’s exactly what we’re afraid of, dry December and January and then wet weather taking over when we need dry weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

And bang - it's straight back to Spring here! Beautiful morning and sun shinning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

gozunda wrote: »
    And bang - it's straight back to Spring here! Beautiful morning and sun shinning.

And the pet day of the week goes TO.......MONDAY. ☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

1 inch of rain here yesterday judging by the bucket I left outside.
    Sunny here now 8° and calm, promised for the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭NSAman

Warm for the time of year. 8c wind between 4 and 12mph. Pressure 996hPa and falling. Cold front coming, bring ice later and temperatures falling dramatically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

A lot of rain last night. Lovely day today 10 degrees and if standing in the sun you'd nearly throw off the jumper. Left cow's inside as have an appointment in the hospital and dunno how long it will take to be seen so handier have an in. Still have had them out since calving started which has never happened here before, albeit with smaller numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Some rain last night but it’s a nice sunny spring day here now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

11c 1018 hpa.Sunny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

A lot of rain last night. Lovely day today 10 degrees and if standing in the sun you'd nearly throw off the jumper. Left cow's inside as have an appointment in the hospital and dunno how long it will take to be seen so handier have an in. Still have had them out since calving started which has never happened here before, albeit with smaller numbers

Felt sorry for the 15 milkers last night at 11pm so threw in an bale into a spare straw bedded shed, went down to open the gap for them expected them to be all standing at it. Nope, most around the field, however thought it would get alot worse, so brought them in anyways. Very little other than like 5mm fell afterwards, defo shoulda left them put. Out now again, and I'm finally getting the urea out, I should of gone with it 2wks ago 2bh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,794 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

1 degree out there now. Will wait until temperatures rise a bit before spreading. Have 8 tonnes in half tonnes bag in shed here from last year of 24-2.5-10. What is the ground temperature? Just looked up the soil temperature and it's on average below 4 degrees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭The Rabbi

Soil temp has dropped from 8°average to 4°average in the last few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Driving rain here, cow's staying in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,326 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Driving rain here, cow's staying in

Just spitting rain here cows out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Whether the weather be fine 
    Or whether the weather be not, 
    Whether the weather be cold 
    Or whether the weather be hot, 
    We'll weather the weather 
    Whatever the weather, 
    Whether we like it or not! 😎

****e day here. Raining all morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    ****e day here. Raining all morning

Same as that. Drawing peat this morning and the bollix of a loader driver dropped a bucketful from a height. Tractor like a brunch now

Reggie. wrote: »
    Same as that. Drawing peat this morning and the bollix of a loader driver dropped a bucketful from a height. Tractor like a brunch now

2 body warmers wet through so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭alps

whelan2 wrote: »
    2 body warmers wet through so far.

So mild, wet from the inside here after the morning duties. Changed and dropped a layer..
    Always pitied lads work I g outdoors away from home, when you get wet, you suffer it, whereas we can go in and change...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Have 2 lads I take slurry from for derogation. Both blocked up and wanting to spread. Heavy rain last Friday night and again this morning and now in last hour. Ground hardly fit and forecast not good. They're talking about Thursday now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,741 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

There's a fair blow out there now.

Advertisement