Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Looks like the 35mm predicted rainfall here might be a bit conservative. Raining steadily for the last 2 hours and not a puff of wind to move the rain on.

Today is screwed and tomorrow as well, it looks like.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Beautiful morning in the SE, especially if you could get out of the breeze while keeping the sun. Clouded over by lunchtime and light rain now.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Half an inch here now and rising rapid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭White Clover

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Half an inch here now and rising rapid

What's the outlook for the next 2 or 3 weeks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭The Rabbi

24mm since 1600hrs.

• Advertisement

What's the outlook for the next 2 or 3 weeks ?

What we have for the next week Rain or showers
    Cold at times to very cold interspersed with mild
    Some signals for very cold around Patrick's weekend but that's getting too far out for specifics

19mm recorded now in Arklow and pouring down
    Could reach somewhere between 30 and 40mm here by morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Did anyone hold onto those blueprints for an Arc from last Spring? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Did anyone hold onto those blueprints for an Arc from last Spring? :(

They'll cost ya

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

19mm recorded now in Arklow and pouring down
    Could reach somewhere between 30 and 40mm here by morning

At the time you were posting this roads just south of Arklow were awash, rain pouring out over ditches and long floods along the sides of the back roads. M11 could have been dangerous especially where the rain pools under the fly-overs. Still rain blowing in the wind now but the ferocity is gone.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

At least 40mm of rain here last night, rain again tonight, long range forecast says more of the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭I says

The open drain here is full to the brim the new site down the road from us with the recently dug foundations are like a moat now. Some people can’t be told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I says wrote: »
    The open drain here is full to the brim the new site down the road from us with the recently dug foundations are like a moat now. Some people can’t be told.

It'll be some crack with the septic tank on that site

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

24mm rain overnight here. That’s the end of the grazing for the foreseeable.

greysides wrote: »
    At the time you were posting this roads just south of Arklow were awash, rain pouring out over ditches and long floods along the sides of the back roads. M11 could have been dangerous especially where the rain pools under the fly-overs. Still rain blowing in the wind now but the ferocity is gone.

Total was just under an inch but most of it fell in just 4 hours,hence the run off and flash flooding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Total was just under an inch but most of it fell in just 4 hours,hence the run off and flash flooding

I really gotta get a rain gauge of some sort ha, I was in Dublin from 6 until 12 last night so missed the rain here, no idea how much it was. I'll still take ground conditions like this morning over most of last march and April, cows out happily grazing the second, in for maize around 3pm and will see after the milking how things are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Timmaay wrote: »
    I really gotta get a rain gauge of some sort ha, I was in Dublin from 6 until 12 last night so missed the rain here, no idea how much it was. I'll still take ground conditions like this morning over most of last march and April, cows out happily grazing the second, in for maize around 3pm and will see after the milking how things are.

Feck ye anyway

yeah left mine out around one when the heavy showers cleared today
    Roughly an inch fell but in 4 hours locally so there was a lot of quick run off
    That kind of rain on dry land isn't as big a problem
    Ground conditions are still very good considering
    Growth is going to fall off the cliff compared to what we've been spoiled with lately into next week
    Air in the middle of the north Atlantic heading our way has some very cold air in it,unusually cold
    If I was to take a punt on it,snow showers in the west and north at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Ground fairly saturated here this morning. Drains and ditches full. Will take a fair bit of drying plus recovery from the damage the snow and cold did at the weekend to get back to where we were tbh.

gozunda wrote: »
    Ground fairly saturated here this morning. Drains and ditches full. Will take a fair bit of drying plus recovery from the damage the snow and cold did at the weekend to get back to where we were tbh.

Huge differences on our island,what part of the country
    Great drying up, here since one,sun and breeze
    Yesterday was actually a great drying day too until 4
    I think east wicklow,east wexford dryest ground is still able for a wetting whatever sort of job last years prolonged drought did to it coupled with an extremely dry January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

All 5 of the local dairyfarmers around me had cows out today!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

All 5 of the local dairyfarmers around me had cows out today!

Not a great day to have 4 or 5 cows bulling though:(

Sunset just now
    Yesterday evening seems a distant memory!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Sunset just now
    Yesterday evening seems a distant memory!

Heavy showers down here for the evening. I see on Twitter that oak park has had 39 mm in March which is more than what they had in Jan or Feb., whereas another lad not far from here put up figures of 79 in Jan, 110 in Feb and 80 to date in March

Mooooo wrote: »
    Heavy showers down here for the evening. I see on Twitter that oak park has had 39 mm in March which is more than what they had in Jan or Feb., whereas another lad not far from here put up figures of 79 in Jan, 110 in Feb and 80 to date in March

Yeah it can vary a lot in even 10 miles
    Mine in Arklow were just 18.4mm in January (incredibly dry)
    32mm in February (also very very dry)
    And 41.2mm so far in March

From those you can see why we’ve the cows out! As I said earlier east Wicklow and east Wexford and to a certain point places further inland (Tullow co Carlow for example) have been anomalously a lot dryer and despite a lot of rain late October to early December are still reaping the benefits ground condition wise
    Another dry summer would be a killer though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Fine day today with good drying. Light breeze tonight and 7 degrees on the van

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,794 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Raining here this last hour, didn't see that in any forecast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelan2 wrote: »
    Raining here this last hour, didn't see that in any forecast

14 day forecast has rain or sleet every single day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,794 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »
    14 day forecast has rain or sleet every single day.

I check 2 forecasts which are normally accurate enough, anyway it's stopped now

Drizzle and blustery here. Horrible to be out in. Day for oaperwork me thinks.

• Advertisement

I think we all roam over a few forecasts.

I use “Weather & Radar” and one called “Windy”

Advertisement