Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,794 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »
    Drizzle and blustery here. Horrible to be out in. Day for oaperwork me thinks.

Lovely morning for reading the tb test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

whelan2 wrote: »
    Nice too here except for the odd short heavy shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelan2 wrote: »

Once it’s clear I wouldn’t mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Fairly windy today. Lost the cap twice ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭davidk1394

It was a lovely day here. Calm dry night now. Perfect weather for a few lambs ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭greenfield21

The radar on the met eireann mobile site is always so unnatural, circle patterns radiating from certain points. So slow to load, location data pointless aswell.I suppose I have a fair idea it's going to rain tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Pissing rain in cork since 6.30 anyway. Agree new met eireann site is a balls. Old 5 day radar was good I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Netweather radar for 8.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Netweather radar for 8.30
    Must be very strong winds to blow Limerick and Cork that far to the east:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

The radar on the met eireann mobile site is always so unnatural, circle patterns radiating from certain points. So slow to load, location data pointless aswell.I suppose I have a fair idea it's going to rain tonight.

I find yr weather quite accurate.In mayo here,like a lot of the country we experienced unnaturally mild weather from October on.
    I had 40 ewes and a ram together in around 8 acres of normally wettish ground for tipping season.They had it ate to the ground when taken out on Dec 4th.
    Put 20 ewes back in there this week that are carrying twins, there is over half a foot of fresh green grass in it!......don't get me wrong I'm not complaining but there is something up to see growth like that in the Winter.

Even dry ground getting wet around here now with the steeps of rain in last 10 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭148multi

I find yr weather quite accurate.In mayo here,like a lot of the country we experienced unnaturally mild weather from October on.
    I had 40 ewes and a ram together in around 8 acres of normally wettish ground for tipping season.They had it ate to the ground when taken out on Dec 4th.
    Put 20 ewes back in there this week that are carrying twins, there is over half a foot of fresh green grass in it!......don't get me wrong I'm not complaining but there is something up to see growth like that in the Winter.

Even dry ground getting wet around here now with the steeps of rain in last 10 days.

Think it was George Bush Jr who commissioned a report on climate change and security in 2008, part of the conclusion was that westren European countries would have milder winters and colder springs, one of their (US) recent studies into CC and security state's that the analysis of CC is unlikely to change before 2022.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Changeable here between sunshine, blustery wind & had a snow shower

Horizontal hail shower.

Rain and wind all night. Doing night time lambing for a farmer in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭memorystick

Winter has arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Wet..very wet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

yep wind and rain, stuff blown around yard like crazy, what ever angle it came in at.

Ground possibly at its softest since last autumn. Have stock out all winter and only today I’m thinking of moving them off a field because of poaching.

We’ve had some phenomenal nights of rain over last ten days with last night being a brute with wind, tough wind/rain forecast for tonight again.

Isn’t this how 2012 faced out, good spell too early followed by a break in March that never ended. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

_Brian wrote: »
    Ground possibly at its softest since last autumn. Have stock out all winter and only today I’m thinking of moving them off a field because of poaching.

We’ve had some phenomenal nights of rain over last ten days with last night being a brute with wind, tough wind/rain forecast for tonight again.

Isn’t this how 2012 faced out, good spell too early followed by a break in March that never ended. :(

But sure don't forget according to authorities the water level of lakes are still dangerously low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

Yep very similar to 2012. Was just thinking that yesterday. Temperatures are below the norm now. Places are swimming wet. We could get 6-8 weeks of this before the weather clears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Was it 2012 that March and April were really hard cold months?.....seem to remember having sheep in fields burnt pure brown and no sign of growth.
    Serious Westerly wind here at mo,just in from doing things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Reggie. wrote: »
    But sure don't forget according to authorities the water level of lakes are still dangerously low

I don't think there is much chance of that here .They could badly do with being drained away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Was it 2012 that March and April were really hard cold months?.....seem to remember having sheep in fields burnt pure brown and no sign of growth.
    Serious Westerly wind here at mo,just in from doing things.

I hosted the national sheep conference about 18th may 2012, Darren Carthy was one of the organisers and he was here the week before the day wondering where I had grass that they'd show them. The fields were burnt, yet on the day there was loads of grass. It turned around in a week
    March April and most of may were hungry months that year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,741 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

For anyone that follows the weather charts and let's face you will when your livelihood depends on it.

They would have seen how there will be ridges of high pressure coming over the country tomorrow and another one Thursday with the increasing promise of more prolonged high pressure centering over the country for next week.

Chin up folks..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Fair wind here the last hour or so, place is saturated and we have limestone land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mengele

I think we escaped most of the rain here in cork. Its not too bad just a bit windy. Only the odd shower or two today.

I was in the hayshed earlier and the roof of the lean too was flexing up and down by maybe 4-6 inches, its very disconcerting..

Coming in near half hour alternations here with rest and then rain/wind..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

[QUOTE=_Brian;109665166]I was in the hayshed earlier and the roof of the lean too was flexing up and down by maybe 4-6 inches, its very disconcerting..

Coming in near half hour alternations here with rest and then rain/wind..[/QUOTE]

That's what insurance is for, stay in out of it anyway

Wind wind wind

• Advertisement

Just in there now. Calm and concrete drying. Ground well washed and very wet. Was rough enough at times during the day but nothing serious either.

Advertisement