Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    and they've opted to leave the roof open! Lord god.
    windy with rain rain rain broken up with spells of heavier rain. in other words a typical morning in South Kerry.

Cardiff is a miserable city anyhow I always thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

whelan2 wrote: »
    Upside down and backwards. Hereford calf, not supposed to be in calf to it. I probably could take it myself but will let the vet do it.

Had the same here with the head turned back, should have done the same as yourself and called the vet. Got calf out eventually. Cow ok but hasn't cleaned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,794 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Football is cancelled yay

Mooooo wrote: »
    Had the same here with the head turned back, should have done the same as yourself and called the vet. Got calf out eventually. Cow ok but hasn't cleaned

This was tough, vet was going pull harder, I was going I can't. Had to get oh out of bed too. Was your calf alive? Had to do a record breaking run to the house to get help too :)

whelan2 wrote: »
    This was tough, vet was going pull harder, I was going I can't. Had to get oh out of bed too. Was your calf alive? Had to do a record breaking run to the house to get help too :)

No calf was dead, fr heifer off course. Still I think only one more fr due the rest will be all aa, about 22 left to calve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

and they've opted to leave the roof open! Lord god.
    windy with rain rain rain broken up with spells of heavier rain. in other words a typical morning in South Kerry.

It'll be a poor game if they don't close the roof, greasy ball and underfoot, Irish team are insisting on the roof being open, they aren't thinking of their fans.

wrangler wrote: »
    It'll be a poor game if they don't close the roof, greasy ball and underfoot, Irish team are insisting on the roof being open, they aren't thinking of their fans.

It's closed now anyhow they will probably only open it before the match starts. For a crowd that can only throw the ball backwards, what harm if they play in the rain aswell!
    The wife's brother played for the ospreys and Wales u21 years ago and we had to go to a good few matches , I never understood how it got so popular here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭tanko

The last time Ireland played in Cardiff they agreed to close the roof. Wales then watered the crap out of the pitch until it was soaked because they were afraid that a dry pitch and ball would suit Ireland.
    So if Wales hadn't played silly buggers then, the roof would have been closed today.
    It's the end of an era with Schmidt and Gatland moving on this year so a huge game for borh teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Bullocks wrote: »
    It's closed now anyhow they will probably only open it before the match starts. For a crowd that can only throw the ball backwards, what harm if they play in the rain aswell!
    The wife's brother played for the ospreys and Wales u21 years ago and we had to go to a good few matches , I never understood how it got so popular here

not into heavy contact sports eh Bullocks?
    I always have to laugh when I watch a game of Rugby and see what it takes to take a man down that doesn't want to be taken down, then watch a soccer match and the pundits are zooming into a lads big toe to see if there's contact. I suppose like most sports if you don't understand the laws then you won't enjoy it!

I always have to laugh when I watch a game of Rugby and see what it takes to take a man down that doesn't want to be taken down, then watch a soccer match and the pundits are zooming into a lads big toe to see if there's contact. I suppose like most sports if you don't understand the laws then you won't enjoy it!

I went on a training session with the ospreys and didn't last 15 minutes haha. I think it's brutal to take the knocks they get for sport. You're right they should make the soccer lads train with the rugby lads once a week to toughen them up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

28mm here overnight making it 158mm in the last 15 days, safe to say land is swimming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

It'd be a great game to win, but Ireland has been so eratic this year.
    It'll be a tough tough game even if they're in good form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Wet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Rain and wind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Number of fields flooded yesterday. Woke this morning with a covering of about an inch of snow, but the rain is washing that away now.
    It’s cold out too, 6c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Raining, slushy snow during the night, cold.
    Shíte in other words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Wicked cold there this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭148multi

Wet and cold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Typical St. Patricks Day here in the Whest…..

horrendous shower of hailstones around 8am......Sun out shining now!....
    rain flowing down any hilly fields as things are that wet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Savage day here, Pure sunshine and barely a cloud in the sky!

• Advertisement

Grand day here too, cow's back out. I had to close my eyes rolling up the wire from the other day tho....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Timmaay wrote: »
    Savage day here, Pure sunshine and barely a cloud in the sky!

A few wild showers in between the sun down here not so far away and distant thunder
    Very windy
    9c but feels cold out in that wind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Good drying day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Breezey, mainly sunny , dry here today. A couple of times it looked like it might rain but blew over very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭Base price

There was a few heavy showers this morning but it has turned into a beautiful afternoon with the sun shining and not a cloud in the sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Good drying here but would want to be. There was locks of water in the hoof tracks where the cows were yesterday but gone now and getting solid again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Good drying here but would want to be. There was locks of water in the hoof tracks where the cows were yesterday but gone now and getting solid again.

Despite what everyone thinks we're a fairly mixed farm here, and there are about 10ac of rd1 that are a long way from being dry enough to graze, quad nearly got stuck in one field today! I'll be skipping them and going into rd2 until it drys up enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Sh1te morning here again.
    Apart from a few hours yesterday it has been 3 rough days of it now. Places absolutely floating.
    Trying to pump water from one tank to another. Pure messing but shur thats the joys of it !

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Sh1te morning here again.
    Apart from a few hours yesterday it has been 3 rough days of it now. Places absolutely floating.
    Trying to pump water from one tank to another. Pure messing but shur thats the joys of it !

• Advertisement

Nice morning. Was at football game. No wind, rain etc

Advertisement