Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Very frosty morning here -3 this morning at 5.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Cold and windy, the next person to blame riabhach days is goin on the list 😬😬😬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Cold start again here... Huge amount of cold rain yesterday evening and most of the night..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Damp start but drying up well and very muggy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,794 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Reggie. wrote: »
    Damp start but drying up well and very muggy

Let a few springing cows out to my calving paddock. Love calving cows outside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Wet evening here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

We could do with rain :D. The ground is bone dry funny enough north of us have had plenty of showers etc, it’s like we have a micro climate thanks to galway bay and the burren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

whelan2 wrote: »
    Let a few springing cows out to my calving paddock. Love calving cows outside.
    Took mine all back in, much too wet and cold here to have freshly born calves out half the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Cold start this morning up until 11am, turned out a lovely evening, even let out a few cows, 1st week in April and letting out cows... what is this madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Glorious morning in SE Clare. Good for man and beast !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭I says

A dull misty day here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Sunny and calm here all day, field's are dry enough to let out cattle 3 weeks earlier than usual.
    No rain of any consequence promised for the next 7 days, drought 2019!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I'm loving this weather. Almost as much as these!!
    Prob pay for it when trying to get silage though....:(

D3usZetXkAUNVHr.jpg

Very frosty here early this morning. Put out fertiliser on silage ground. Cows had grazed it in January and again in March. Last spring we never got to graze it at all. Still a bit wet in places. Going to roll some of it in next few days

Dry and overcast here in Cavan.
    7c but it feels cooler, or more likely I’m getting softer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Cold and dry reminds me of the time the sugar beet was sown this type of harsh weather didn't suit it, it would cut it out of the ground .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Good dry week here in the NW, turned cold this evening, had to put the full winter clobber on.
    Bit of a mixed bag for the next week i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Bitter cold here atm, strong dry easterly wind that would skin you. Rain forecast for here tomorrow which should ease the cold and get a bit of growth started again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭I says

Bitter cold here atm, strong dry easterly wind that would skin you. Rain forecast for here tomorrow which should ease the cold and get a bit of growth started again.

+1 on that and growth has stopped here for the last 2 weeks the place is like I’d sheep in on it.

Same wind here this morning, was fairly cold at the sidelines at football this morning

• Advertisement

Cold and blustery all morning here.. Great drying on the ground..

Problem is every bloody door ya open is snatched outa your hand..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

There's an Orange rainfall warning in place for Cork and Waterford tonight, folks, so be careful if you have to be driving tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭kk.man

I spread bag manure this morning and didn't realise that there was a Orange weather alert for rain. Still dry here but brezzy.

Must get the radio fixed in the tractor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭memorystick

kk.man wrote: »
    I spread bag manure this morning and didn't realise that there was a Orange weather alert for rain. Still dry here but brezzy.

Must get the radio fixed in the tractor!

Not at all. Spread 4 bags 2 weeks ago and have it grazed bare since and going to blacken it with slurry on Monday and cut in June. Not in teagasc manual but most of those boys have no land or clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Serious rain overnight and it remains fairly windy tbh. Grass growth gone back. Brings to mind the story of the old Brindle Cow who boasted that nothing the month of March could do - would harm her. So March borrowed into part of April - redoubled her fury and killed and skinned the poor old cow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

gozunda wrote: »
    Serious rain overnight and it remains fairly windy tbh. Grass growth gone back. Brings to mind the story of the old Brindle Cow who boasted that nothing the month of March could do - would harm her. So March borrowed into part of April - redoubled her fury and killed and skinned the poor old cow.
    It's not so much here in the midlands, only 3mm overnight, are you in the west.
    Temperatures are supposed to be 19 degrees by friday here and then we'll be worrying about controlling grass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Not at all. Spread 4 bags 2 weeks ago and have it grazed bare since and going to blacken it with slurry on Monday and cut in June. Not in teagasc manual but most of those boys have no land or clue.

You'd want to be careful doing that too with such a high quantity of fert
    We had s cow here a few years ago found dead
    The vet did a post mortem and found she'd eaten a lump of fertiliser

Dry so far here in south Wicklow, but going by the radar only by the skin of our teeth
    At just 6c,that wind would cut you up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Raining here all night. Strong gusts of wind. Hopefully it stays raining for the day. Need every bit of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Went to -4* last night. Huge risk of frost blast to wwheat and wbarley ears plus pod blast on wosr...

Old saying here that if it’s cold and dry today, we’re in for another 9mts of it! Lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Dry and mild weather late single early double digits no wind. Need 50+mm rain soon.

Advertisement