Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Off all the directions which bad weather can come from the stuff from the south east is a bitch

Dry and mild weather late single early double digits no wind. Need 50+mm rain soon.

Would swap today no bother

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Cold, windy and wet, stove is lit again, OH not happy at all at all:(

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

blue5000 wrote: »
    Cold, windy and wet, stove is lit again, OH not happy at all at all:(

Same here
    Lazy day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭I says

Wet pissy old day dirty south easterly blowing stove is lit watching the golf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,794 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Was dry here all day. Bitter wind though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭Odelay

Which is coming into leaf first around you? Ash or oak?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭blackdog1

Swallows are back. Things are looking up for the weekend. Rain was badly needed here in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Mooooo wrote: »
    Off all the directions which bad weather can come from the stuff from the south east is a bitch

My farm is more exposed to the south easterly so half the cattle were brought in on Saturday while the other half were given the few sheltered fields.
    My farm has 500m of coastline and it's beeing blowing a gale from the south east since Friday morning, and pouring rain since Saturday 2pm. Must have made 50mm or more since then. Not what i needed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭glwaymiko

Harsh day here, very windy , sheets of rain, east Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Banging rain and wind.

Perfect day for cattle test later :(

Nothing better for cattle been in shed for five months, take them out on a wet windy day and prod them with needles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Feck all rain here in east wicklow,just 2mm total since midnight
    None yesterday or Saturday
    Just drizzle at the moment
    Very cold gusty wind off that sea though

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Feck all rain here in east wicklow,just 2mm total since midnight
    None yesterday or Saturday
    Just drizzle at the moment
    Very cold gusty wind off that sea though

Do you need rain. Raining here all morning. A day for paperwork I think.

whelan2 wrote: »

Yea.
    I had some site visits set up for this morning but they are a bust now.

Not measuring rain here but has been driving since sat night. A sinkhole we made to take surface water from one block is after stopping up,. Fcukall shelter anywhere here from the south/ southeast have the tractor parked across the entrance to the sheds

Raining moderately now
    Totals doubled in last half hour
    Very cold though only 6c and a gusty wind
    Yeah this rain is useful as long as it's not any heavier
    Should rain all day now here near the coast in Wicklow which is setting things up nicely for next week's warmth
    Though it won't get too warm here as usual with a breeze off the sea but the ground should, so I'll use that hashtag #grasstomilk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Bitter cold here with 48 hours and not a lot of rain. Hard to believe this time last year we were looking for a dry day and now I'm looking for a few showers of rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Bitter cold here with 48 hours and not a lot of rain. Hard to believe this time last year we were looking for a dry day and now I'm looking for a few showers of rain.

No rain in Kerry? It’s bucketing down in Cork and they are putting up the flood defense barriers in Mallow expecting a deluge of water from Kerry down the blackwater.

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    No rain in Kerry? It’s bucketing down in Cork and they are putting up the flood defense barriers in Mallow expecting a deluge of water from Kerry down the blackwater.

Very little up to an hour ago but raining now and roads a bit slippy. No fear of flooding round here anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭grange mac

Horrendous 12 hours rain... Raining pretty much constant since Sat afternoon.... Place in right **** now. Cows in everywhere where they are out it's like a rotovator in fields.
    West Cork always gets hit v bad....

• Advertisement

Over 80mm recorded in Waterford city in 48hrs
    Just 10.4mm up here in Arklow
    Only 5.8mm at Ashford near Wicklow town

The wind left here in the last 2 hours, very cold and windy before milking and a gentle breeze out now. A nice sup of rain fell, not a huge amount but it'll keep us going for a while anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Over 80mm recorded in Waterford city in 48hrs
    Just 10.4mm up here in Arklow
    Only 5.8mm at Ashford near Wicklow town

I've often noticed that, for us to get enough everyone else has to suffer ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,742 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Timmaay wrote: »
    I've often noticed that, for us to get enough everyone else has to suffer ha.

Well we're suffering here. That's 3 days now of constant rain.

Depressing weather. Giving the cows a full paddock instead of half that they should be getting with the amount of grass in them. To limit poaching and keep intakes up with the miserable weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Well we're suffering here. That's 3 days now of constant rain.

Depressing weather. Giving the cows a full paddock instead of half that they should be getting with the amount of grass in them. To limit poaching and keep intakes up with the miserable weather.

Similar here. Ground which had gone hard is now sopping. Grass also flattened by the heavy rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

The SE wind of the last few days has finally died down, didn't get much of the rain promised, SW or W wind we'd have got more rain.
    Stock goin out this week, 3 weeks earlier than last year. Good growth weather forecast for the next few days.

That's enough rain now for a few months

Rain has stopped now still overcast though.

Young lass is off at a Forest School Camp for few days, was a wet cold start for it this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

That's enough rain now for a few months

I'm happy now also finally :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Timmaay wrote: »
    I'm happy now also finally :p

My uncle has a raing guage on his out farm, emptied it on Saturday morning. He didn't return to the farm till Monday midday. It holds 125mm, and it was overflowing.

Advertisement