Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,794 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Cows made some ****e last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

My uncle has a raing guage on his out farm, emptied it on Saturday morning. He didn't return to the farm till Monday midday. It holds 125mm, and it was overflowing.

Standard rain guage holds about 8 inches when measured through the standard glass cylinder measuring tube so I'd say that guage needs a clean
    Theres a little tiny hole that sometimes can get a twig in it or some sticky from leaves or grass
    Max rainfall down south at a push would have been 110 or 120 mm up to Tuesday morning including Saturday
    Whilst 120mm is an awful lot,To have your guage overflowing in 24hrs,youd need to be in Bangladesh

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Standard rain guage holds about 8 inches when measured through the standard glass cylinder measuring tube so I'd say that guage needs a clean
    Theres a little tiny hole that sometimes can get a twig in it or some sticky from leaves or grass
    Max rainfall down south at a push would have been 110 or 120 mm up to Tuesday morning including Saturday
    Whilst 120mm is an awful lot,To have your guage overflowing in 24hrs,youd need to be in Bangladesh

Not a standard rain guage. He got it in America about 25 years ago and measures just 5 inches of rain.
    And several guys of with rain guagrs reported in excess of 125mm for these few days. How can you state that it couldn't have exceeded "110 or 120"...... when you weren't here.

Not a standard rain guage. He got it in America about 25 years ago and measures just 5 inches of rain.
    And several guys of with rain guagrs reported in excess of 125mm for these few days. How can you state that it couldn't have exceeded "110 or 120"...... when you weren't here.
    Radar images showed the heaviest and most persistent of the rain (and models) along the south coast
    Cork airport,pretty much in the centre of all of it on a hill recorded 92.8 mm in 4 days
    The macroom GAA pitch often floods
    There was a match played there tuesday night,its beside a river ,the flood receded quickly
    I'm sorry I missed the bit where you said that gauge only held 125mm when I posted
    In west cork you could well have got an inch in total more than at the airport(over the 3 days) but you'd also have run off from a lot of high ground around you making things worse
    Rain gauges do need their pinhole cleaned regularly as rain especially with wind comes with a lot of debris that can block it
    It was an awful lot of rain in 3 days alright is what I'm thinking,just not agreeing the totals were higher than 120mm
    We'll see when the official rain recorders at various sites in cork report to met Eireann at the end of the month
    Doesn't matter anyway, it doesn't change the impact on farm,which would be awful messy
    This week will turn it around hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Beautiful full moon shining tonight as I head home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,742 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

It was 18 c here yesterday.
    I reckon it's the same already and might go higher.

Getting the silage season off to a start in a few hours.

Great weather!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

It was 18 c here yesterday.
    I reckon it's the same already and might go higher.

Getting the silage season off to a start in a few hours.

Great weather!

Just mowed the lawn earlier and the sweat bucketed out of me. Real dead heat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭kk.man

24oc here on my phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Is it in your pocket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭I says

‘‘Twas glorious here all day but looking at the barometer dropping rain on the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Overcast, 13c, no wind worth mentioning.

Raining here since about 9am
    Mostly light
    10c

Raining here since about 9am
    Mostly light
    10c

Dry and overcast earlier. Sun's out now. Nice day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Just started here now, very light though. We could use 10-12mm soon:(

4mm from it here so far,this main batch is pushing over from Wales and heading nnw so will probably miss cork and Kerry
    Its reached Sth Dublin now so will be into louth this evening
    We've had it light since 9 but wexford and Waterford had it a lot earlier and heavier
    Much steadier rain now so likely to get above 10mm

A wet morning in east Wicklow is becoming a wet afternoon

Dry here this morning. Good a bit of rain yesterday evening nothing major.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PoorFarmer

Good here today, sunshine and warm enough. No rain yesterday and only a light shower overnight

:(

Bright sunshine here, heavy ground flying, dry ground just tipping along.

Very wet yesterday. Just managed to get 7 acres sown this morning before the latest band of rain hit us. Very wet again. Rain will have to roll the seed in itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭White Clover

Reggie. wrote: »
    Very wet yesterday. Just managed to get 7 acres sown this morning before the latest band of rain hit us. Very wet again. Rain will have to roll the seed in itself

How's the new lady going for you Reggie?

How's the new lady going for you Reggie?

Very well thankfully. Never realised how little I used the loader out contracting. Have it off nearly 2 weeks now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mengele

Great weather for urea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Reggie. wrote: »
    Very well thankfully. Never realised how little I used the loader out contracting. Have it off nearly 2 weeks now

I had to get a new display dash last week for mine, thankfully under warranty.
    Expensive piece of kit

wrangler wrote: »
    I had to get a new display dash last week for mine, thankfully under warranty.
    Expensive piece of kit

Lack of use :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,742 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Not to alarm people or maybe I should. But the weather geeks on the weather forum are posting that this storm this evening could be in the "RED" category for the west and southwest of Ireland.

So if ye have plans for this afternoon and evening and night....?????
    Ye might end up in Kansas.

As SMN said above, status RED wind warning for Clare this evening.
    https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/1121736896697241600?s=19
    Mind yourselves, folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Bugger

Raining down here in Macroom but not much of a breeze (yet)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Half the country under a red level alert and here I am woundering do I put the sprayer on or not ha.

Advertisement