Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Raining this evening in North Kerry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Raining this evening in North Kerry :)

I may have to leave the pub to have a look:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Heavy shower there now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Had some drop here during the night and nice and cloudy now so hopefully more to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Looking unsettled this week. Hopefully plenty of rain for those that need it.

Any silage making will be tricky though. Ready to go myself but looking like it will be end of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Beautiful here in east Wicklow today so far but expecting a few showers later
    Currently next weekend looks settled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Heavy showers during the morning with sunshine in between. We had to pause ploughing for wbc so I'm catching up on paperwork instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Making a fine heavy fall of rain here on the Wicklow/Kildare border.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Plenty of thunder showers here since lunch time , lucky to get silage finished for a man it was good an other hour it would have been soaked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Cold, windy and wet, like a November evening the last two days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Very very useful 7mm here over afew showers this afternoon/evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,794 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Cold, windy and wet, like a November evening the last two days.

We got drowned at football. Heating on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Dickie10

we got a few lovely showers yesterday more coming thursday in south meath. our land needs every bit we can get in summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Proper growing weather today here

A few heavy showers here this evening, badly needed too. Should be a burst of growth after this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Dry and overcast here all today in East Galway. Twas looking like it could have rained at times, but never did.... got my silage done.... hurray!

Tomorrow promised wet. It can rain away now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Muckit wrote: »
    Dry and overcast here all today in East Galway. Twas looking like it could have rained at times, but never did.... got my silage done.... hurray!

Tomorrow promised wet. It can rain away now!!

Tis all me, me, me with yourself, what about the rest of us.! Raining away here tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

Raining here too. Started around 10. Neighbour had twenty acres left to pickup and the mower was still going.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭148multi

Started with very light rain before 5, getting heavier now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

lots of rain here... while its welcome... it would be more welcome if i had the 1st cut in the pit..!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Rained during the night here. Not much but it’s a help !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

6mm last night. Pit just in as it started. Now to cover it this afternoon. The joys of part time farming. Crops really bulked up since the rain at the wknd

lots of rain here... while its welcome... it would be more welcome if i had the 1st cut in the pit..!

You must have suffered with growth a bit at the top of the hill the last few weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,742 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

On the plus side we're a long way off the conditions from this time last year.

It's been a miller of a year on grass bar that frosty spell. Rain over night and more for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

6mm last night. Pit just in as it started. Now to cover it this afternoon. The joys of part time farming. Crops really bulked up since the rain at the wknd

Same here got pit in and covered by half 12 last night, hasn’t stopped raining since. Could have cut a week ago but as you said crop really bulked up in last week. Great relief to have it done. Forecast for here in the west is poor for the foreseeable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Got about 25 mm here was badly needed for a bit of reseed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

You must have suffered with growth a bit at the top of the hill the last few weeks?

yeah... grass looked a little dehydrated there for a few days....! we are getting exactly the same weather as they got in new zealand for there silage season.. apparently twas the wettest in years...... we should have cut at the weekend but i felt another few days would be worth it to let crop bulk up a bit... Uncle was telling me that there is a huge difference in the crops cut in last couple days compared with even a wk or 10 days ago...

Just 3.4mm at my station in East Wicklow
    Temp has gone above 20c in some sun now too
    Grass is actually exploding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Just 3.4mm at my station in East Wicklow
    Temp has gone above 20c in some sun now too
    Grass is actually exploding

12mm here over the last 2days. And next week's forecast!! Freedom can you cancel that 200e/cow worth of 1st cut you ordered ha?

• Advertisement

Timmaay wrote: »
    12mm here over the last 2days. And next week's forecast!! Freedom can you cancel that 200e/cow worth of 1st cut you ordered ha?

Just 2.6mm in 2 days at Ashford (wi klowweather.com) and about 5mm here 10 miles south of you
    I'd well believe your figure though because some beefy showers to the north of my far would not have fallen in either location
    It's a perfect and fascinating example of differences over short distances
    No doubt about its heaven for grass

Advertisement