Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Alot of standing grass knocked by the rain around here

Two of my exposed traditional hay Meadows were flattened. Only thing standing is the cow parsely.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Just had a heavy shower here, first decent shower in 10 days. Only 10 minutes but every little helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just had a heavy shower here, first decent shower in 10 days. Only 10 minutes but every little helps.

We've had rain on and off up here all day. Just got dry in the last while.

Just shows you how a few KM can effect the weather.nice rainbow in my back garden now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Alot of standing grass knocked by the rain around here

Same here

We've had rain on and off up here all day. Just got dry in the last while.

Just shows you how a few KM can effect the weather.nice rainbow in my back garden now :)

Talking to lads around the areas here this last few weeks, I'm convinced we're right in the middle of some sort of rain free zone. There's been showers and persistent rain just a few miles away while we didn't get a drop here. It's very strange, tbh.

• Advertisement

Talking to lads around the areas here this last few weeks, I'm convinced we're right in the middle of some sort of rain free zone. There's been showers and persistent rain just a few miles away while we didn't get a drop here. It's very strange, tbh.

I was glad to be rain free for the last few days. got my silage cut and baled and then the skies opened on friday evening.

I was glad to be rain free for the last few days. got my silage cut and baled and then the skies opened on friday evening.

You're well on the way to being a culchie now:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Rained since about 12 here & still at it. You know that annoying sort of rain that you don't get too wet in & you wish it'd just team for 1/2 an hour & then it'd be gone.

You're well on the way to being a culchie now:D

All I need is a few cows to eat it or someone to buy it from me...subtle hint :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I normally can absolutely relate to you here ha, but holy sh1te we got another full inch of rain this evening here! Just when I thought the ground was drying out slightly again ha. 2019 just keeps on giving in terms of perfect weather here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Just a half inch here yesterday evening but a rather heavy squal yesterday evening did come in very slowly north of here
    We were on the edge of it with a rain rate of 9mm/hr
    It would have been triple that rate around the Brittas Bay Area from the radar
    Huge variation in small distances
    That’s the theme of this week too,localised downpours,some getting nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Gudstock

We had heavy rain showers in south west from early Sunday morning throughout the day until 5pm.

Got a meadow that's just ready to cut - is it hay weather or wrap if cut this evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Rain all day yesterday from 7.45 am. Grand sunny day here today

Overcast here today, warm and very humid. You'd sweat just standing still. A few lads knocking hay today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭Sami23

Overcast here today, warm and very humid. You'd sweat just standing still. A few lads knocking hay today.

Wonder will it be 'Hay Weather' this week or end up showery ?

Sami23 wrote: »
    Wonder will it be 'Hay Weather' this week or end up showery ?

It's supposed to be warm and humid with a risk of heavy showers round here anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

It's supposed to be warm and humid with a risk of heavy showers round here anyway.

With a chance of more prolonged heavy rain on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Just got a serious downpour here in the Midlands. Stopped the silage dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Smashing morning here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Dickie10

have 20 acres of meadow down since monday coming on nicely for hay. great hay day today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,066 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Dickie10 wrote: »
    have 20 acres of meadow down since monday coming on nicely for hay. great hay day today

Good stuff, you've a massive week for hay.

Literally make hay while the sun shines.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Went for a quick stroll at lunch and I can officially say that it's meltin'! :D:D

There has to be a law somewhere to say that it's illegal to be working in an office on days like this! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Parishlad wrote: »
    Went for a quick stroll at lunch and I can officially say that it's meltin'! :D:D

There has to be a law somewhere to say that it's illegal to be working in an office on days like this! :)

Yea, there is. Once it goes above 25 degrees you're entitled to go home. Your boss will probably make out there's no such law - pay no heed to him and tip away home for yourself ensuring you get a 99 on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Yea, there is. Once it goes above 25 degrees you're entitled to go home. Your boss will probably make out there's no such law - pay no heed to him and tip away home for yourself ensuring you get a 99 on the way.

Ah I knew there had to be something like that....right so, I'm off! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I remember a teacher telling us that there was a union rule that he should stop teaching if the room was below 17 degrees...he then pulled out a thermometer that was reading 12 and then kept teaching :(

Overcast, cool and windy here this morning. Definitely not t shirt weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Heavy drizzle here, happy I didn't mow paddocks yday now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,794 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Finally got my calves out.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Attie Ross

Mooooo wrote: »
    Very cloudy in Kilkenny but nice worm breeze hay blowing in the fields be a panic looking baller shortly.

• Advertisement

Mooooo wrote: »

I was going putting a pour on on the lambs against maggots and decided against it because it's looking like rain all morning.

Advertisement