Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Wet ground at 5am, drizzle at 8, heavy showers of rain from 8.30ish onwards.
    Got 2 fields of hay baled yesterday evening, just cut it fine enough with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Windy and cool here this morning. Not much in the way of rain showing up here yet:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Lovely steady rain here all morning. Giving it for the next 5 days or so aswell. All needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Reggie. wrote: »
    Lovely steady rain here all morning. Giving it for the next 5 days or so aswell. All needed

We can manage some but need breaks, if we get 5 consecutive days ground conditions will suffer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Drizzling away. Digger here draining atm, could use a bit of time to get grass quality under control too many steamy paddocks around. Rain welcome but once it won't be too constant

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Light rain here on and off since 7 am, all wanted as it was getting hard to push the pigtails into the ground.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

_Brian wrote: »
    We can manage some but need breaks, if we get 5 consecutive days ground conditions will suffer.

Yeah but you got rain where we didn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Rains very light here and stopped altogether for an hour,just 0.8mm so far
    Hoping for a better effort here friday
    Grounds so hard,you'd want a sledge where you'd usually put your foot to hammer down a pigtail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Rains very light here and stopped altogether for an hour,just 0.8mm so far
    Hoping for a better effort here friday
    Grounds so hard,you'd want a sledge where you'd usually put your foot to hammer down a pigtail

To smash and grab a paddock or so before Friday hmm???

Timmaay wrote: »
    To smash and grab a paddock or so before Friday hmm???

And nothing like hooking on the mower to bring on the rain ugh.

• Advertisement

I was just about to post that I wouldn't, that there will be a few showers this evening
    Its dry here at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭White Clover

And nothing like hooking on the mower to bring on the rain ugh.

Timmaay, that's not a landini:)

I was just about to post that I wouldn't, that there will be a few showers this evening
    Its dry here at the moment

Only gonna be 30bales at least, drought stressed stuff that the cows were leaving most of it behind them

Timmaay, that's not a landini:)

Ah hes gone to the dark side

Only gonna be 30bales at least, drought stressed stuff that the cows were leaving most of it behind them

Did you cut it,I’m similar but waiting until next week
    Sunny here this morning and 16c
    Good drying breeze at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,794 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Drizzling here since 7.30 am

Did you cut it,I’m similar but waiting until next week
    Sunny here this morning and 16c
    Good drying breeze at the moment

Cut and raked wed evening, baled yday, only 21 bales in total (my contractor well impressed haha). But the most unbelievably useful 14mm of rain last night!

Drizzling most of the night here with some thunder showers early in the morning. Dry now but must have had close to an inch of rain going by the water in the wheelbarrow. And not a sign of it in the fields. Grass will explode here now, hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Overcast here. Heavy rain last night

11.2mm here in east Wicklow last night
    Lashing again now
    All welcome
    Very welcome

• Advertisement

Drizzling most of the night here with some thunder showers early in the morning. Dry now but must have had close to an inch of rain going by the water in the wheelbarrow. And not a sign of it in the fields. Grass will explode here now, hopefully.

It took me long enough to bother buying one, but a basic rain gauge (that I paid 6e for delivered to here) is something that every single farmer should have!

And yep, grass gonna explode outa it again, I'm not joking here but I've heard several farmers moaning, actually moaning that they have well enough fodder by now, but will have no choice but to take out more silage to keep grass under control. There is absolutely no demand for fodder, and with the beef market on the flood lads who normally were happy enough to keep stock over the winter to use up excess fodder just aren't bothered this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭tanko

Great, monsoon season returns. Don't think it could rain any heavier than it is now. Savage thunder and lightning too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

^^ Watching the strikes on the radar map here. Aunt says it's very bad around her outside Mullingar.
    Just overcast & constant thunder here, one heavy shower at 5 earlier but rained a heavy drizzle a lot of the morning too.

Beautiful evening here.

Strong, persistent drizzle with occasional heavier spells of rain.

Liquid sunshine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭I says

Thunder and lightning and heavy showers it’s clearing now. Short sharp bursts of showers when they arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,794 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Was at football . Thunder, lightening, torrential rain. Pure madness. Etp training was stopped due to lightening risk. Gaelic game went ahead though. Local shop flooded too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

^^ Watching the strikes on the radar map here. Aunt says it's very bad around her outside Mullingar.
    Just overcast & constant thunder here, one heavy shower at 5 earlier but rained a heavy drizzle a lot of the morning too.

Nearly an inch rain here since 5 oclock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭kk.man

wrangler wrote: »
    Nearly an inch rain here since 5 oclock

Keep it comin it's all badly wanting down here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

kk.man wrote: »
    Keep it comin it's all badly wanting down here!

It's wanted here too, temps over 20 from monday on, there'll be huge growth,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Welding Rod

Fierce frost here last night. Pipes frozen. Not a hope will tractor start.

Advertisement