Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,794 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Fierce frost here last night. Pipes frozen. Not a hope will tractor start.

Where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Welding Rod

whelan2 wrote: »
    Where are you?

West Clare ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Been a while since we had a day like this, persistent rain for hours. Think we will see a nice jump in growth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Blowing a gale here and hammering rain, like a November evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

_Brian wrote: »
    Blowing a gale here and hammering rain, like a November evening.

Must be twenty degrees here, stopped raining here now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

wrangler wrote: »
    Must be twenty degrees here, stopped raining here now

Looks like there could be more thunderstorms coming up from the south on Wednesday morning. A repeat of what we had a few weeks ago.
    Up the Irish sea and the east of Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭White Clover

Looks like there could be more thunderstorms coming up from the south on Wednesday morning. A repeat of what we had a few weeks ago.
    Up the Irish sea and the east of Ireland.

Is there any sign of a warm settled spell beyond Tuesday of this week?

Is there any sign of a warm settled spell beyond Tuesday of this week?

Not really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭Base price

OH and I are just home after dinner and scoops, it's been raining hard here since early afternoon but the wind is blowing up.

Really warm here at the moment. Was 26 degrees earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Really warm here at the moment. Was 26 degrees earlier
    I really miss not having the boys at home when the evenings are warm like now. In the past we would be sitting out in the garden enjoying a barbecue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭older by the day

I rang the contractor six times this morn. On and off with the pit silage. I think there should be one forecast for cork and one for west cork. The mist is heavy. Why the feck didn't I cut it last week . What apps are the best. Joan Blackburn didn't study as many maps as I did this morn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I rang the contractor six times this morn. On and off with the pit silage. I think there should be one forecast for cork and one for west cork. The mist is heavy. Why the feck didn't I cut it last week . What apps are the best. Joan Blackburn didn't study as many maps as I did this morn

Met giving the week dry but mt saying that thursday will be wet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

. What apps are the best. Joan Blackburn didn't study as many maps as I did this morn

You have my sympathies. We were in a similar position during haymaking. All sites gave a dry day on the Saturday, except one which forecast some rain at 2pm. Sure enough the rain arrived and there was no alternative but wrap what was left.

weatheroutlook.com, local weather, had the correct prediction, which came to my attention on "Say my Name's" posts.

Woohoo.

I'm good for something! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Woohoo.

I'm good for something! :D

What way are ye down in Wexford for grass,have ye much rain got in the past while

What way are ye down in Wexford for grass,have ye much rain got in the past while

Speaking for myself and my area.
    Everyone seems to be bursting with grass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭kk.man

Speaking for myself and my area.
    Everyone seems to be bursting with grass.

Not good where I am but got another few cattle killed today so should help. Bought fertilizer too but we need rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭giveitholly

kk.man wrote: »
    Not good where I am but got another few cattle killed today so should help. Bought fertilizer too but we need rain.

Would that be very localised kk.man or is there big parts of kilkenny in need of rain

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭The Rabbi

Would that be very localised kk.man or is there big parts of kilkenny in need of rain

A bit wouldnt go astray down south KK.Can see the showers passing a few miles to the west of us at times.

• Advertisement

I'm in the north east and I never saw land as dry here for 2 years in a row. We have got rain but there is a wind and it dries the place in no time. So the rain is not much good but at least it keeps the green not like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Ah here would ye go way out of that. How much rain did ye get Sunday? I've never seen growth like it here in the last few days.

Ah here would ye go way out of that. How much rain did ye get Sunday? I've never seen growth like it here in the last few days.

Yes a good pour...But with the wind and sandy ground our growth has not being as much as others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Sunny morning here

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭The Rabbi

2mm here on Sunday.

Opened the fridge there. Lovely cold cans of bulmers in there.....would just hit the spot now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Opened the fridge there. Lovely cold cans of bulmers in there.....would just hit the spot now

Ah feck it Whelan, I’m tripping over my own tongue here!

Ah feck it Whelan, I’m tripping over my own tongue here!

Having some now, might even have 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭davidk1394

A wet windy day here in Tipp

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

davidk1394 wrote: »
    A wet windy day here in Tipp

I think I missed mist again!

Only 1.3mm this morning at gorta bog

https://www.met.ie/latest-reports/observations

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Advertisement