Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Grazing 1800/ 1900 covers with cows, 18 acres of heavy ground has that cover but won't be going into it with rain 2moro, is slow to dry as well. They are marking a bit now, will move to driest ground 2moro for the wkend.
    Its the catch 22 of having half dry and half wet farm, you want to graze the wet half later in the year so you wont have to worry about it with fresh calvers in the spring but invariably most years younger caught with heavy covers on it being carried over, while trying to close the dry ground to have grass on that for the spring becomes more difficult

I broke a stake here just now driving it with the loader. First few inches soft enough but then met the dry ground and broke.

Was able to drive posts here with the sledge and no cro bar guide holes, ground was too wet for the loader :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I broke a stake here just now driving it with the loader. First few inches soft enough but then met the dry ground and broke.

Hereabouts pigtails hurt your feet still driving them down :O
    Looks to me at the moment for those of you down south that Saturdays rain will pass in 6 or 7 hours
    It doesnt look like getting up here until evening but 20 to 30mm looks possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Mooooo wrote: »
    Was able to drive posts here with the sledge and no cro bar guide holes, ground was too wet for the loader :(

Had to put these on the quad here, cows will be housed at night after the weekend as running out of dry ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I now hate you more :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I now hate you more :pac:

Why, is your loader not a power loader?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Hurricane Lorenzo is due to arrive on Thursday. Time to bring in the animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Winder what it'll be like?

Rain stated here an hour ago, a lot of surface water on roads already. If it's steady like this as predicted for the next 6 hours there'll be some amount of water after falling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭toleratethis

Reggie. wrote: »

Winder what it'll be like?

Bit wet, bit windy, I'd reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Latest update on Lorenzo is it might stay below Ireland..... the forecast is looking a lot better tonight than it did this morning....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Absolutely pouring out of the heavens here in Kerry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

So a atm cat5 hurrican headed for Ireland?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,066 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Possibly might be veering South of us now.

Absolutely pouring out of the heavens here in Kerry

Bit damp this morning alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Could be....and heading straight for Buford.
    That'll put manners on him complaining about driving stakes into hard ground in September!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Three quarters of an inch of rain here last night

Danzy wrote: »
    Possibly might be veering South of us now.

Hmmmmmm

https://twitter.com/MJVentrice/status/1178221507065126913?s=19

Meanwhile 22mm recorded herei n the last 24hrs,almost an inch
    More monday evening
    A restbite and possibly that feckin Lorenzo by friday

Could be....and heading straight for Buford.
    That'll put manners on him complaining about driving stakes into hard ground in September!!

:D

Ah sure, it'll be easier to drive them today:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭Base price

• Advertisement

Just started raining here

Raining here since 3am. Miserable day altogether but the cows seem happy enough out in it. Dropped down into covers of 1500-1600 and little damage done except around the gaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,794 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Still dry here. Cancelled a load of concrete that was booked for this evening though. Another load coming soon for the walls. The one we cancelled was for the floor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,906 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

This Hurricane Lorenzo is slowly heading here.:mad:

https://www.met.ie/latest-reports/satellites/world-infrared

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

whelan2 wrote: »
    Still dry here. Cancelled a load of concrete that was booked for this evening though. Another load coming soon for the walls. The one we cancelled was for the floor

If you’re stuck I’ll find a home for it

Tank or silage slab?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,794 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

If you’re stuck I’ll find a home for it

Tank or silage slab?

Passage way in new cubicle shed

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Looks like the monsoon season has started:(, looking like a wet winter. Some difference to the ploughing match!

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Rain more or less stopped here now, just a heavy drizzle and cold wind around the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Looks like the monsoon season has started:(, looking like a wet winter. Some difference to the ploughing match!

Weather forum is saying even if the storm misses that the Atlantic is messed up and could be wet for a few weeks

• Advertisement

Dirty afternoon here now
    5mm so far
    Think it's going to clear here by 6 ish but showers after
    Next 2 days look dry though but cold relative to recently
    It's only 12c in this Rain

Advertisement