Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

davidk1394 wrote: »
    A wet miserable morning here but cold and dry now. Putting in all the cattle today

Miserable all day here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,796 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Reggie. wrote: »
    Miserable all day here

What's new... .

-1 at the moment. Car frozen over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Definitely a frosty start but lovely and clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

No frost down here
    Showers all night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Frosty!

Rainfall in my area in the last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

Nice and dry here today, it's almost like summer except for the bitter breeze!!
    view?usp=sharing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

whelan2 wrote: »
    Rainfall in my area in the last week

You should defo get a basic rainfall gauge, likes of this only 6e delivered https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gauge-Measurement-Garden-Water-Ground/dp/B07WJSNH23

Will totally take the guesswork out of it for you, there are many mornings when I come out expecting the gauge to be half full and it turned out only afew mill, and other mornings when despite the yard being dry we got 20mm ha.

Rainfall guessing without a guage is impossible
    When the ground a few inches down is hard,a small amount does a lot more damage or pools a lot more so it looks like tonnes more fell

As Tim will know now,the standard gauge has not much bigger than a pinhole entry for rainwater
    If the collector bucket had enough room for the amount of water in whelan2's calf feeder and all that came in 1 day,the floods would be roof high!

• Advertisement

Cold wet morning, 3c.
    Massive black cloud came up the valley and now a brutal heavy sleet shower.

Daughter had a soccer game last night. I have never felt cold like it. I often find the girls games go ahead in ridiculous weather while the boys ones are called off. Still cold after it.

Daughter had a soccer game last night. I have never felt cold like it. I often find the girls games go ahead in ridiculous weather while the boys ones are called off. Still cold after it.

Yesterday was brutal cold.
    Spent 3 hours in an exposed country graveyard going through a job to refurbish pathways amd I swear the lads under the ground were warmer than I was.

_Brian wrote: »
    Yesterday was brutal cold.
    Spent 3 hours in an exposed country graveyard going through a job to refurbish pathways amd I swear the lads under the ground were warmer than I was.

Not much better out there this morning

Reggie. wrote: »
    Not much better out there this morning

Indeed

Its actually worse here
    Dry is the only saving grace
    Wind is gusting to 70kmh
    Probably be hill snow locally overnight tomorrow night
    Some of ye in the spine of the country down into west munster might see some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Sunny day here but a cold wind in it that would cut you in two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Sun shining and cold but there's some bit of drying. Had a nasty shower here around 8.30 just as I was going out to do TB test. I have a field let for maize and about 7 acres left to get out. Started it last Tuesday but it was a struggle. Contractor was down last night and was planning on tackling it again today but he's postponed it for a few more days. Claims it was spitting most of the night. The wildlife will be fat as fools by the time the field is cleared. Forecast is not promising.

Dry all morning so far. Chanced spraying a knapsack sprayer full of weed killer. Weeds were annoying me looking at them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Dry all morning so far. Chanced spraying a knapsack sprayer full of weed killer. Weeds were annoying me looking at them

Raining almost constantly since before 7 this morning and bloody cold. Just at the last few bits to bring the cows in for good now, was edging the blades of the grab and couldn't feel my fingers with the cold and the wet:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Calves have ****e made of a field here, was going to use them to clean off a few paddocks but tbh the weather is too hard on them. Cow's in since last week, may get them out for a day before or after drying maybe

Cold rain here last few hours
    Dark as night almost

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Cold rain here last few hours
    Dark as night almost

Same here thats that day ****ed anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Well that's the start of the snow now.

Anywhere above 200m is covered in sneachta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Jezz, no snow but about 8mm in the last hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭einn32

Wicked wind there now and the wet coat ain't helping. Think I'll have a whiskey by the fire tonight....

Timmaay wrote: »
    Jezz, no snow but about 8mm in the last hr.

Noticeable temp difference between Ashford and Arklow at the moment, all to do with wind direction
    2.3c down here,west wind
    7c up there east wind off the sea
    Just 20 miles apart

Expecting snow down here for a while this evening if these numbers and that wind direction continues
    Its already quite sleety

Some water about this evening

What's the forecast like down there for tomorrow. Parents heading to a funeral near you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

What's the forecast like down there for tomorrow. Parents heading to a funeral near you

A bit of light rain in the morning.

There'll be no issues whatsoever.

Advertisement