Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Brutal. Last dry day was 21 July. 15mm already today and no sign of a let up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mooooo wrote: »
    Raining since 7.30 last night and still at it, was heavier bursts during the night. Cow's were in good dry ground last night and not much bother making footprints in it now. To dry up a bit for the next 7 days bar Fri i think, according to mt

I hope so. I have a strong paddock and a bit of silage to take out before the weekend.

Hope to be taking a bit every few days as bales now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,800 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

All my jumpers are either wet or drying out on the cooker in August

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Farney Farmer

Ground getting wet here. From 1 extreme to the other. Badly need some dry weather or things will soon get messy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

First drying day in weeks, few more coming and badly wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

whelan2 wrote: »
    All my jumpers are either wet or drying out on the cooker in August

Looking like a good drying day today

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭westlander

Promised good until Tuesday I wonder would a person get hay if cut today and baled Tuesday ?
    Wheres me crystal ball

Lovely morning. Going to spray some weeds with knapsack sprayer. Kids cul camp was called off at 11 yesterday due to rain. Should get a full day today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭tanko

westlander wrote: »
    Promised good until Tuesday I wonder would a person get hay if cut today and baled Tuesday ?
    Wheres me crystal ball

The forecast for early next week is getting worse by the minute, rain forecast for Monday now, good chance of rain tomorrow also. It’ll be a struggle to get silage baled dry let alone hay by the looks of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Tileman

tanko wrote: »
    The forecast for early next week is getting worse by the minute, rain forecast for Monday now, good chance of rain tomorrow also. It’ll be a struggle to get silage baled dry let alone hay by the looks of things.

It depends where you are based op. Looks ok for me for next few days but that could change again in a few hours. Would u not make a bit of Haylage or silage and at least you have a bit of feed at the end of it. Or at least have your contractor ready to come if u do need to bale up quicker than expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Rain here most of the morning and again now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Tileman wrote: »
    It depends where you are based op. Looks ok for me for next few days but that could change again in a few hours. Would u not make a bit of Haylage or silage and at least you have a bit of feed at the end of it. Or at least have your contractor ready to come if u do need to bale up quicker than expected.

Lad cutting here local for hay. Think hes lost it. It's to bull rain here monday

Raining since 7am. Was to be dry here today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭greenfield21

They can't get rainfall amounts 12 hrs ahead I don't know how anyone can call rainfall amounts for next week. Seems like an excessive amount of uncertainty and changes in forecasts the last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

Ground is in a state here in the west. You might get a few fine days but with wet ground underneath it would be no no for hay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Powerful day here on the Atlantic coast, dry and sunny. No rain and lots of sun forcast for the next 7 days, fingers crossed.

Gorgeous morning here. Sun is shining tg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

A beautiful morning so far here today. Haven't done a tap of work enjoying the sun too much.

NcdJd wrote: »
    A beautiful morning so far here today. Haven't done a tap of work enjoying the sun too much.

Think we gotta grab these sunny days when we get them. Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Mossie1975 wrote: »
    Think we gotta grab these sunny days when we get them. Enjoy

Your dead right, August is going by fairly rapidly, won't be long he short days are back. I'm just going to be in between chores for the rest of the day ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Ye Tullamore show should be this weekend.. some amount of grass cut over the last 24 hours...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭davidk1394

A smashing morning here. Decided I'd go for a swim early this morning at Clonea Strand in Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Smashing morning here on Achill
    Just cooking some sausages before hitting the road home.

Lovely morning. Off to football soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Tileman

whelan2 wrote: »
    Lovely morning. Off to football soon

Very cloudy here. No sun yet but very warm. Went for my 5km run and it was nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Yellow status warning for thunder in Leinster, Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal until 8am tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭arctictree

Ground is in a state here in the west. You might get a few fine days but with wet ground underneath it would be no no for hay

Jeez, ground is as dry as a bone here in the east. Most of the small streams have dried up. Rain is falling at the moment though, well needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

On the rainfall raidar do the red x's mean lightning strikes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

arctictree wrote: »
    Jeez, ground is as dry as a bone here in the east. Most of the small streams have dried up. Rain is falling at the moment though, well needed.

We could swap
    This weekend has done wonders but another few dry days badly needed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

ganmo wrote: »
    On the rainfall raidar do the red x's mean lightning strikes?

I think it means you clicked into the wrong site for looking at weather:p

Advertisement