Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Tis ok.
    Waterford and Wexford twill take your load.

You can thank us later.

I'll get a round in after, oh wait......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭alps

Cork not going to get much tonight...Rosslare to take the brunt between 1 and 2 am..

Cork rougher tomorrow night between 8 and 9pm..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,801 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Raining here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mengele

How good does maize stand up to very strong wind at this time of year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

mengele wrote: »

Should be ok once the cobs aren't fully developed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Plenty of rain for last 90 minutes or so bit very little wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Outrageous rain all evening, next 7 days looking wet.. aint that just ****** fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Ask me again in the morning. I'm too busy praying that mine will be still standing. Ground is wet so it could keel over from the root. Saw plenty of it after Ophelia. Carnage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,801 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Well, did ye all survive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Still driving rain here, power has stated on throughout. Feckin milk lorry hasn't come yet, would be milking if it wasn't for that. Must check sheds they'd be the main thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭corks finest

whelan2 wrote: »
    Well, did ye all survive?

Blowing mad in Carrigaline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

No major damage, just a few tree limbs down. Power is gone though so just hooking up Genny. Mild now, no rain and a strong breeze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Bunch of leaves down and that seems all.
    We’re sheltered from winds coming from the south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

_Brian wrote: »
    Bunch of leaves down and that seems all.
    We’re sheltered from winds coming from the south.

Same where i am near dublin airport. Seem to have escaped tge worst of it again. Looks bad in Cork though from looking at rte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Little Miss Fairy

Electricity gone. Garden fence down. One cat missing in action (insert sad face here)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Was expecting a peak at 1 am according to windy.com didn't hit until 3.

Junior has spent last 3 hours with chainsaw and tractor and tow chain getting access for the milk lorry whose running a hour and a half late at this stage.

Roadway to paddocks blocked in a couple of place and had to bring the cows in through the silage fields.

No structural damage that I can see other than some sheep fencing flattened with a huge fallen tree.

A big tree down in a field there are a number of sheep in and while I don't have a count I can't see any trapped under it.

It was brief but severe must have been well over a 100 kph to cause the damage it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Yellow wind warning for the south and east coast's and yellow rainfall warning for the whole country.
    https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/1296366546613346304?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

My apple tree has seen the most carnage, will be tarts for weeks now!
    Bit of guttering down on the hayshed, I'd fixed a rib on the sw side of it only yesterday, see a rib on the opposite wall gone. One gate gone, snapped at the hinge but it's a pain in the hole of a gate as someone had the bright idea of screwing 6ft wooden boards onto the gate so it weighs a tonne & I hate it.
    Just going to other farm now, expect trees down there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Very little damage done here thankfully but was serious wind around 3am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

Have some friends staying in a mobile home in Clonea Waterford, no contact from them atm.

Any idea of the conditions there with the storm..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Still standing, getting it off the field will be the tricky part if ground conditions get much worse

Bit of guttering down on the hayshed, I'd fixed a rib on the sw side of it only yesterday, see a rib on the opposite wall gone. One gate gone, snapped at the hinge but it's a pain in the hole of a gate as someone had the bright idea of screwing 6ft wooden boards onto the gate so it weighs a tonne & I hate it.

No damage on outfarm but just on the way home I spotted a rogue animal walking down a road. 16 out so stuck them in a field & rang owners. He was fairly happy I caught them so good deed done for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Alibaba

Not too bad now here in SW . A few heavy showers.
    Any hope of a bit of fine weather 🙏🙏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

OH is freezing them today, peel ,quarter and core them, and immediately puts them into water and lemon juice to stop them going brown,
    Then bags them
    There's only two of us here so it really saves us from being sick of apple tarts.
    She even uses them frozen, as in cuts them up frozen to put in a tart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

wrangler wrote: »
    OH is freezing them today, peel ,quarter and core them, and immediately puts them into water and lemon juice to stop them going brown,
    Then bags them
    There's only two of us here so it really saves us from being sick of apple tarts.

Hi wrangler

Would that work to prolong the storage of fresh apples ? I pick a few boxes every year but end up throwing out loads of them each week. I don't have a freezer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

wrangler wrote: »
    Then bags them

Great idea - may try that at the weekend!

Any unbruised ones here are wrapped individually in a sheet of newspaper & stored upstairs in the house here, line them out on the wooden floor/tables with none touching. Can keep til late spring that way.
    Bruised but good ones get peeled, chopped & stuffed into sterilised jars, then a sugar syrup concoction poured over to seal. These keep same as jam, great with porridge.
    When I've the stanley on, I will dry some rings too, then freeze these.
    Numerous ways of it, just Dad enjoys the aul glut of apple tarts this time of year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭memorystick

Is there much maize damaged?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

NcdJd wrote: »
    Hi wrangler

Would that work to prolong the storage of fresh apples ? I pick a few boxes every year but end up throwing out loads of them each week. I don't have a freezer

You'd need a freezer I'd say, they're only left into the water and lemon juice while they're being prepared to keep the air from them, then they're taken out of the water and put in freezer bags,
    My mother used to preserve them in the jars same as Haywire does

Advertisement