Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Was gonna cut grass today......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Mooooo wrote: »

My lawnmower is parked up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

You might get a window tomorrow and Sunday.
    Chance of showers tomorrow.

You might get a window tomorrow and Sunday.
    Chance of showers tomorrow.

Great contractors often come at drop of a hat but doesn't often do Sundays and don't like asking them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Great contractors often come at drop of a hat but doesn't often do Sundays and don't like asking them

Ah they'd have to make exceptions for this year.
    Most contractors have some farm experience and know the difference the weather has on a crop.
    Contractors around here were out last Sunday at silage and cutting corn. Laid up on Monday, Tuesday with the weather.
    I've no doubt with the forecast again they'll be busy this Sunday but laid up again on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Dozer1

cutting after dinner....expensive bags of water for Monday I'll assume

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

OK OK OK I swear I'll never complain about a drought during August again ever...

Mower here, good wind blowing and sick of waiting. Bale 2moro evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Timmaay wrote: »
    OK OK OK I swear I'll never complain about a drought during August again ever...

You better not

Ah they'd have to make exceptions for this year.
    Most contractors have some farm experience and know the difference the weather has on a crop.
    Contractors around here were out last Sunday at silage and cutting corn. Laid up on Monday, Tuesday with the weather.
    I've no doubt with the forecast again they'll be busy this Sunday but laid up again on Monday.

This would be the bale contractor, self propelled crew would go morning noon and and night regardless of day if they had to. Normally would give good notice of plans anyway so normally works out alright. Altho this was the first year I had first and second cut covered before the cow's in the evening, never happened before

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Sunny morning here

Next few days looking pleasant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,804 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Last few evenings have been nippy enough and notice it getting darker earlier at night. Mornings dark now too

whelan2 wrote: »
    Last few evenings have been nippy enough and notice it getting darker earlier at night. Mornings dark now too

Talk of grass frost one if the nights too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

First good sunny morning for a while. Good drying out if it continues for a couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Reggie. wrote: »
    Talk of grass frost one if the nights too

Grass tetany weather, lush grass and cold nights. Don't forget to get the mag lick buckets out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

Nippy morning. Weather is meant to be good this week. Here’s hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Dozer1

ended up not too bad weather here last few days, cut Friday and baled Sunday, cut Sunday and baled this morning just before a 3 hour drizzle. bit of tracking damage done but not much 111 more bales in the bank, was a acre they decided to leave as was too wet so will let a few cows into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Cut the last bit Saturday evening will.bale this evening. Should of being cut 3 weeks ago but never got a break in the weather for long enough. If it dont rain much tomorrow will get the last of the slurry on it the weekend. Have other fields starting to get strong but will definitely graze them from here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

dzer2 wrote: »
    Cut the last bit Saturday evening will.bale this evening. Should of being cut 3 weeks ago but never got a break in the weather for long enough. If it dont rain much tomorrow will get the last of the slurry on it the weekend. Have other fields starting to get strong but will definitely graze them from here.

Sorted and in 45 more bales being a good year for fodder here. I was looking at the weather the heavy rain for tomorrow is fading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Heavy downpours of rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Deluge of rain here for last hour, ground had soaked out well on last few day’s.

Contractor has back up of silage to cut so we’re hoping next week is drier.

Light shower here last night, concrete dry this morning. Looks like the northern half is going to get the worst of this again.

Raining away all morning so far here, heavy enough
    Buford I'd say you aren't in this country at all! Only pretending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,804 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

A day for paperwork

Raining away all morning so far here, heavy enough
    Buford I'd say you aren't in this country at all! Only pretending

Greetings from Uzbeckistan:D

It's threatening to rain alright but no sign of it yet. A clod breeze around alright, hope the man after cutting the barley for my straw manages to get it baled relatively dry today. They're tough men to be at tillage with the climate here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

At one stage today I was looking down at my toes and there was still rain hitting my nose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

Weather was great for a First Communion here.

Advertisement