Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Rain just started here. This evening was the first evening I felt cold since last April, time to start adding a few layers under the waterproofs:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,804 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

What a crap day. Eldest lad was running a cross country race :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    What a crap day. Eldest lad was running a cross country race :D

Hope he got soaked

Reggie. wrote: »
    Hope he got soaked

He was wet before he went

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Dark wet cold morning. Allot of standing water in roads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I believe the correct term for this evening is scuttery.

A very scuttery night here:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Raining all night and a cold morning. Great weather to start digging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

First good weather forcast in some time, better late..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭greenfield21

What do ye all think of growth this autumn, don't measure here but it feels like we're well behind on previous years. Only for following the cows with fert leading up to mid September we would have feck all grass. Big diff in ground that got and didn't get fert compared to other autumn's. Unlikely to get to November, a shame as ground is in great order... With another reasonably dry week forecast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Rain yesterday morning.
    Rain this morning.
    Raining this past half hour.

What's the weather for next week?

• Advertisement

Raining here . Had a morning of dosing and moving cattle planned....

Lovely sunny morning here

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Donegalforever

Dry all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Raining the last two hours.

And this was supposed to be our fine spell of weather.

Land is bogging.

Raining away last few hours.
    Looking at housing some stock I over the weekend. Ground just cutting up too much now.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭amens

Been a good dry spell of weather for the last week in the south.

amens wrote: »
    Been a good dry spell of weather for the last week in the south.

That was forecast here but I think we only had one rain free day. Ground steadily going backwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Dry here at the moment. Lads are out the back of me trying to rotovate the ground for drills for planting garlic. Needs to be planted by the end of October. Hard going in the heavy clay around here. Constant stopping, lifting go again and repeat.

NcdJd wrote: »
    Dry here at the moment. Lads are out the back of me trying to rotovate the ground for drills for planting garlic. Needs to be planted by the end of October. Hard going in the heavy clay around here. Constant stopping, lifting go again and repeat.

Reminds me, must plant some here.

_Brian wrote: »
    Reminds me, must plant some here.

Likes the cold damp weather. I'm after getting a couple of hundred of daffodil bulbs. When I saw your post a few weeks ago you reminded me too. I'd a big line of them but the dogs use it as a run so have to created another on the other side of the pathway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Got the maize out yesterday and grass seed going back in today with 2 runs of the disc harrow, it's rare that we get off this easy this late in October. My only drama was I fooked up my pit calculations and didn't leave enough room for the maize, sky high messy pit as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Got the maize out yesterday and grass seed going back in today with 2 runs of the disc harrow, it's rare that we get off this easy this late in October. My only drama was I fooked up my pit calculations and didn't leave enough room for the maize, sky high messy pit as a result.

Hope the grass works for ya. Bit late bit you might be lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Could have tried the bag if you had a bit of ground spare somewhere

Never not got away with an October reseed here, rarely have much frost in nov. That's a reasonably heavy field (by our pathetic East Coast standards), so I'll happily take the opportunity to reseed now rather that have to wait till May if its a wet spring.

And mooo I have too much fodder as is, and basically zero demand for any here in East Wicklow this year, I'd be wasting my time bagging it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Course he'll be lucky. Level 5 coming and the weather that brings.

Dry and cloud here in cavan.bit nippy with no sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Never not got away with an October reseed here, rarely have much frost in nov. That's a reasonably heavy field (by our pathetic East Coast standards), so I'll happily take the opportunity to reseed now rather that have to wait till May if its a wet spring.

And mooo I have too much fodder as is, and basically zero demand for any here in East Wicklow this year, I'd be wasting my time bagging it.

By bagging it I meant the bagpress thing samco have as a means of storing it. There can be a fair chunk of waste from a pit that gets too big. You could feed out of it when you need smaller amounts and keep the pit over then.
    https://www.samco.ie/machinery/bagpress/

Mooooo wrote: »
    By bagging it I meant the bagpress thing samco have as a means of storing it. There can be a fair chunk of waste from a pit that gets too big. You could feed out of it when you need smaller amounts and keep the pit over then.
    https://www.samco.ie/machinery/bagpress/

Yep, nobody local doing it though. I feed away heavy enough from nov to end of march, drys get afew kgs also, so no real issue with waste.

Smashing morning here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

Sun is shining here too. Have a good day lads!

• Advertisement

Great the way a lovely sunny morning can lift one's spirits and clearout the mind.

Advertisement