Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Ah lads

What a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

dzer2 wrote: »
    Ah lads

What a day

Nice here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

Week is promised good. I let out a bunch of yearling heifers yesterday, will add a few more out this evening.
    Could make for a very short winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭tanko

Week is promised good. I let out a bunch of yearling heifers yesterday, will add a few more out this evening.
    Could make for a very short winter.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. This coming week will be dry but the following week is looking cold, wet and windy at the moment.
    Hopefully this won't happen and the dry weather will continue, time will tell.

I'd rather get good weather in April than March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,804 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Very foggy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

I was looking at the tide here today for an hour it's not looking great at all plus 2 days ago the wind was from the south east and you could hear things from 3 miles to the west of me which is not a great sign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

lab man wrote: »
    I was looking at the tide here today for an hour it's not looking great at all plus 2 days ago the wind was from the south east and you could hear things from 3 miles to the west of me which is not a great sign

So what do these things suggest? Wind? Rain? Cold?

Savage day, great sunset. Sod the forecast, take every good day that comes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Beautiful day here although chilly when the sun went behind the clouds. It's great to be able to work without wearing a hat and coat.

Savage day, great sunset. Sod the forecast, take every good day that comes!

idk what forecast ye are looking at but met are promising it settled and fine for the next 8 days. Feck leaving cattle in sheds when its fine and dry out. They are healthier outside and thrive better

• Advertisement

idk what forecast ye are looking at but met are promising it settled and fine for the next 8 days. Feck leaving cattle in sheds when its fine and dry out. They are healthier outside and thrive better

Pain in the hole having to bring them back in again though

whelan2 wrote: »

Strange way of putting it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I let 3 yearling heifers out today cause I'm sick of bedding and cleaning their pen. I've another 10 stronger ones that I'm going to let out tomorrow. Fingers crossed hopefully they will stay out and make it to when I can let them into the WBC which is normally around the 15th of March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

So what do these things suggest? Wind? Rain? Cold?

Rain and I'd say a cold spell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

lab man wrote: »
    Rain and I'd say a cold spell

It is showing that in the forecast. So your nature weather forecasting skills are spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

I don't know where some get their weather forcasts from.myself it's met eireann & predominantly the uk met office through the bbc news channel,as i find met eireann often very pessimistic on a Sunday for the week ahead.

It's turning colder from the north after Wednesday,no sight,nor mention of rain on ahead into the weekend.

Today felt like it was maybe the 28th March alright. Enjoy anyhow. Wouldn't last night have been the night to spring the clocks forward & a extra hour of light after work in the evening for people.

Great spell of weather, Cattle outside are flying it since letting them out, much happier and thriving already. Weather due to break midweek, becoming milder with wind and rain, either way I've stolen 2 weeks from the winter by letting them out

Just after seeing 17c forecast for the 18th on the GFS. Could do with that. Bring it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Fcuk me this is the worst wind we've had all winter

Just after seeing 17c forecast for the 18th on the GFS. Could do with that. Bring it on.

For Ireland it Spain?

• Advertisement

For Ireland it Spain?

Irlandesa.

16c now on that same forecast model. (Ye didn't bank it on time).
    12c on another.

Some giving two weeks of high pressure.

Wind has really just kicked up a gear in the past few minutes in this part of the southeast.
    It was strong before but it's stronger now.

There'll be damage done with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭The Rabbi

Electricity off here for an hour 22.45 to 23.45. The wind was stronger an hour earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Right where Cavan, Longford and Leitrim meet, we are having thunder, lightning, rain, sleet and gusting wind. All at the same time.
    Last night was bitterly cold...
    Hard weather on lambs.

Really cold here too. Hail shower not so long ago too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Pissing rain all evening here. Made a boo boo with cows, was late coming back to let em in... it'll look better in the morning...

Mooooo wrote: »
    Pissing rain all evening here. Made a boo boo with cows, was late coming back to let em in... it'll look better in the morning...

I didn't let mine out today was tempted to let them out after reading them this morning but glad they were in this evening. I'd say they'll be in for a few days now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Poor morning but afternoon has improved
    Let the cows back in as they were stood at the gap. No need to herd them. Hope it dries up a bit could let them out again Thursday

Now isn't that a peach of a summer's day.

15 degrees. Scorchio.

Grass is taking it all in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

14° in my part of west Cork. Spent the day spreading the first fert of the year on silage ground. At dinnertime I was tempted to get the scissors to the long sleeved shirt. The nice long evening should put people in good humour.

Advertisement