Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Another smashing day
    Dried out the rain from the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Smashing day here too ( Dundalk)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,804 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Some amount of rain after falling in the last hour, hailstones and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭jfh

whelan2 wrote: »
    Some amount of rain after falling in the last hour, hailstones and all
    Brought cattle in today, expected the same, almost disappointed no rain bar a light drizzle earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Rattle of thunder just now, here in Cavan.
    The collie is under the sofa, and there's something falling that's almost snow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Snow....:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Rattle of thunder just now, here in Cavan.
    The collie is under the sofa, and there's something falling that's almost snow...

Must have been something round these parts too as the cows were spooky as hell this evening bringing them in.
    Half were in one field and came in. The other half in the different field came into the first field and were all gawking at something in the ditch and i could follow by their heads this thing was heading in the same direction as they were to the gate.
    Then they took on their heels away from the gate back up the field. I saw something myself, some white thing float over the ditch (ball alien lightning weird stuff ??). Meanwhile they were at the farthest point from the gate now and me on foot.
    A bit of calling and compliments to the cows and me walking through the gateway and on the lane in, finally convinced them that the coast was clear and that they could follow on.

Snow....:eek:

Walrus.

Walrus.

Are you calling me fah? :D

Thought it was a words associating game.
    No wait now. Yea related to snow. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭tanko

Sideways snow like a blizzard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Yep

Reggie. wrote: »
    Yep

At least I'll never get notions with you about!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Must have been something round these parts too as the cows were spooky as hell this evening bringing them in.
    Half were in one field and came in. The other half in the different field came into the first field and were all gawking at something in the ditch and i could follow by their heads this thing was heading in the same direction as they were to the gate.
    Then they took on their heels away from the gate back up the field. I saw something myself, some white thing float over the ditch (ball alien lightning weird stuff ??). Meanwhile they were at the farthest point from the gate now and me on foot.
    A bit of calling and compliments to the cows and me walking through the gateway and on the lane in, finally convinced them that the coast was clear and that they could follow on.
    Maybe it's your one with the negligee that you were dreaming about a couple of weeks ago ;)

Base price wrote: »
    Maybe it's your one with the negligee that you were dreaming about a couple of weeks ago ;)

Could have been a barn owl either.
    But didn't look like a bird. Like a white haze thing the size of a football moving over the ditch with no sound made from it at speed.
    Had to make sure there wasn't a white thing behind the ditch or people with dogs on the other side. Not a sign.

It's snowing down here now too.

(If only cameras could see the same colours, frequencies, ranges as cows then...it'd be interesting).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

At least I'll never get notions with you about!!

Hugs and kisses

Could have been a barn owl either.
    But didn't look like a bird. Like a white haze thing the size of a football moving over the ditch with no sound made from it at speed.
    Had to make sure there wasn't a white thing behind the ditch or people with dogs on the other side. Not a sign.

It's snowing down here now too.

(If only cameras could see the same colours, frequencies, ranges as cows then...it'd be interesting).
    I've yet to see a barn owl wearing a negligee :)

I've yet to see a barn owl wearing a negligee :)

The truth is out there!

Reggie. wrote: »
    Hugs and kisses

Made you a snow-sprog. It has seen better days.

• Advertisement

It was a hoor of a day here with incessant rain and windy at times. It was warm too so you'd be sweating wearing the rain gear.

13 degrees at 6am. Daughter headed off on her bike then to see the sunrise. Oh to be young and carefree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭MfMan

Any swallows seen yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

I know we say it too often nowadays but the climate has definitely changed......more rain falls in a 10 minute downpour now than you previously got in a days rain 20 years ago.

Land quite wet but at least they are giving it dry until Saturday. Last of ewes lambing here....was rough on the wee lambs last week when it piddled rain for a few days and nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭davidk1394

The fog is clearing here now and it'll be a powerful day

I know we say it too often nowadays but the climate has definitely changed......more rain falls in a 10 minute downpour now than you previously got in a days rain 20 years ago.

Land quite wet but at least they are giving it dry until Saturday. Last of ewes lambing here....was rough on the wee lambs last week when it piddled rain for a few days and nights.

Standard day's rain now seems to be an inch. That's what fell on Sunday in my area, according to Met's Athenry weather station measurement. Put back turnout for a week at least with me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Gillespy

''Coldies'' getting very giddy with the prospect of sleet and snow next week. There's a crowd I'll never understand. It seems so forced in winter nevermind first week of April. Last thing we need, hoping the forecast starts improving as we get closer.

Easterly breeze here today and it would skin you. I hate the East wind.

Some change from yesterday

• Advertisement

I love it, because it brings drying. 'Oul cow's days' look to be kicking in on time this year.

Advertisement