Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Just stopped raining now... was raining here on and off since about 12.00, nice soft rain for the most part...

I don't think much is after failing tho, at a guess a half inch, maybe a abit more...

We could do with it staying raining for the rest of the day. Twould do no harm at all, there are reseeds and corn that could do with it... but the forecast is for more rain during the week, so maybe tis better tis after stopping now... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Just stopped raining now... was raining here on and off since about 12.00, nice soft rain for the most part...

I don't think much is after failing tho, at a guess a half inch, maybe a abit more...

We could do with it staying raining for the rest of the day. Twould do no harm at all, there are reseeds and corn that could do with it... but the forecast is for more rain during the week, so maybe tis better tis after stopping now... ;)
    same here and badly needed

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭rionzion

Heavy showers on and off in east clare... and the midges are pure murder!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Pouring down Evelyn Cusack you Jonah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I said wrote: »
    Pouring down Evelyn Cusack you Jonah

Did ya go to the demo yesterday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,615 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Brutal showers all evening.
    Sick of this rain already !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dzer2

_Brian wrote: »
    Brutal showers all evening.
    Sick of this rain already !

20mm here yesterday and last night:o and another 20mm here since 6 o clock this evening:mad:. Don't know who in this country ever looks for rain:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

dzer2 wrote: »
    20mm here yesterday and last night:o and another 20mm here since 6 o clock this evening:mad:. Don't know who in this country ever looks for rain:rolleyes:

Will ya stop being greedy and send a bit more this way please :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dzer2

Timmaay wrote: »
    Will ya stop being greedy and send a bit more this way please :p

If we get a few more days like this I can float down and give you some,:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Heavy showers and light rain for 4 hours between 10 and 2 today. First rain we got in 5 or 6 weeks, so it was welcome. Brightened up for tge rest of tge afternoon. Then an absolute bastard of a shower for 10 mins this evening around 8. But all welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Smashing morning here in tipp. Sunny, doing a bit of relief milking for a friend

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Smashing morning here in tipp. Sunny, doing a bit of relief milking for a friend

Anything to get away from the books :D

Reggie. wrote: »
    Did ya go to the demo yesterday?

No sitting at home and got the feeling I should be at something then I realised when I seen the photos on twitter.
    Raging did it go well?

No sitting at home and got the feeling I should be at something then I realised when I seen the photos on twitter.
    Raging did it go well?

Yes and no. Weather and ground conditions weren't suitable but positive interest in the machine. Half expecting you to introduce yourself at any moment from the crowd as I know you were meant to go.

Didn't make it to the talk stands as I kept getting nabbed by lads asking questions about the machine. Bit raging in that regard but positive none the less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Rained a lot here today in east Clare. Nearly an inch, I'd say. Right that's enough now for another week.

Was passing up the back way from limerick yesterday and car nearly swept off the road with the floods.
    Still, gave two fingers to the weather and got a 99 as big as my head in Milands in Scarriff!

Anything to get away from the books :D

Shhh.... I'm not procrastinating :P

Yes and no. Weather and ground conditions weren't suitable but positive interest in the machine. Half expecting you to introduce yourself at any moment from the crowd as I know you were meant to go.

Didn't make it to the talk stands as I kept getting nabbed by lads asking questions about the machine. Bit raging in that regard but positive none the less.
    Good to hear ya got on the finest there'll be other days to meet up

Good to hear ya got on the finest there'll be other days to meet up

That I'm sure of ;)

In Magherafelt, got caught in a bollox of a downpour !
    Mild and sunny again now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,785 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Who was looking for rain :( lashing here now. Left window of jeep open too

• Advertisement

Blustery and pouring rain.

See muck round drinkers and cattle jammed under hedges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Raining since 4 here and eased up around 7.

Needs lots more, ground rock hard atm. Growth will kick in a bit now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Raining since 4 here and eased up around 7.

Needs lots more, ground rock hard atm. Growth will kick in a bit now.

Yep same here. A light constant rain at the moment. I'm hoping growth won't just kick in, I need it to explode. Very dry spots were nearly in drought down here. Tbf tho places that dry are fairly scarce down this way.

The Irish summer is back with a bang. Same here and according to the forecast it'll be like this for the week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Smashing day here. No rain since yesterday morning. If a man knew then what he knows now id have 7 acres of silage cut yesterday afternoon and baled today. Sure if i knocked it we'd have been washed out.☺

Grand evening there. Got one lawn mowed.
    Was few light showers at about 5 but nothing much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Smashing day here. No rain since yesterday morning. If a man knew then what he knows now id have 7 acres of silage cut yesterday afternoon and baled today. Sure if i knocked it we'd have been washed out.☺

Got urea out today.
    Perfect conditions for it and got well washed in around 5 o'clock.

Seen the contractor going the road with the fusion 3 plus in the torrents of the shower. Rain stopped play.

Seemingly Bagnelstown got flooded out of it with the same shower and the added bonus of hail across the mountain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Working out to be a good week for growth here, rain in showers and sunshine in between, no great heat but grass beginning to take off again will take the first cut next week and any paddocks strong will go in with it if weather plays ball

Lots of heavy showers yesterday.

Fog has burned off now, 4c earlier when I was out.

Clear bright and sunny now.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow as we've Communion and a shed load of people coming to the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,785 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

18 degrees here at 8 am!

Advertisement