Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Wet morning here , hopefully it will dry up later though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Grand soft morning here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

We got off light here. I was talking to the neighbour who records for Met Eireann, he'd 1mm overnight.
    It looked like it was going to be a wet day but nothing came of it. It's overcast but warm now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

We got off light here. I was talking to the neighbour who records for Met Eireann, he'd 1mm overnight.
    It looked like it was going to be a wet day but nothing came of it. It's overcast but warm now.

Same here. Rained a bit last night but in general the last 3 days have been lovely. Much better than was forecasted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Constant rain has broken here, warm with heavy showers every 20 minutes or so, similar to yesterday.

Heavy ground is sodden now, way past trafficable and barely fit to carry stock.

I bought 20l of mcpa few weeks ago for rushes but I doubt the seal will be broken now this year !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,788 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Went to carraroe and back. Rained 90% of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,895 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Hate this kind of weather. Neither here nor there. Ground too wet to travel land and get those odd bits of jobs done.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

whelan2 wrote: »
    Went to carraroe and back. Rained 90% of the time

Bad enough coming to Galway but then you have another hour to get back to Carraroe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,788 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Bullocks wrote: »
    Bad enough coming to Galway but then you have another hour to get back to Carraroe :D
    Left here at 6am and we were in Carraroe at 9.20 am took longer coming home . Fair play to anyone farming land over there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

The Donegal postman is at it again trying to predict weather a month ahead :rolleyes: He says August will be a great sunny month.
    https://rsvpmagazine.ie/the-donegal-postman-has-made-his-weather-prediction-for-august-and-its-great-news/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Sam Kade wrote: »
    The Donegal postman is at it again trying to predict weather a month ahead :rolleyes: He says August will be a great sunny month.
    https://rsvpmagazine.ie/the-donegal-postman-has-made-his-weather-prediction-for-august-and-its-great-news/

I remember someone telling me of this old farmer up in the Slieve Blooms who when he came down to the shop and post office for supplies and the pension, used to tell people about the upcoming weather. I think he became a bit of a local celebrity for his weather forecasting skills. This one Friday he's collecting his pension and the postmistress says " You're very quiet today John. Are you ok?"
    " Ah I'm ok I'm ok" he says grumbling.
    " Oh what's the weather going to be?" she asks.
    "And how would I know? " he snaps back. "The batteries are gone in my radio".:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

On / off heavy rain here this evening looked out at the cows there before dark and all bar one brave soul sheltering under the trees feels nothing like August

Cutting up timber for the winter on the ditches.

Showers on and off.
    Have to duck into the cab of the tractor every now and again. Such as now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

Was threatening rain earlier but turns out to be a grand day. Got the grass cut. It's t-shirt weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Cutting up timber for the winter on the ditches.

Showers on and off.
    Have to duck into the cab of the tractor every now and again. Such as now.

Same as that here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

2nd cut silage done and dusted let it piss rain from now on:)

Lots of showers here in Nenagh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭ABlur

Escaped them in West Clare for a change today. Need a long break from the rain, heavy ground in worse state than it would be in November.

Glorious day here so far sun splitting the stones was expecting a wet one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Nice morning here but clouded over with last hour. Rain radar shows rain overhead and more incoming but its dry so far. Heavy showers falling south of me just off the coast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Lovely day till the heavens opened, no warning

I was getting worried here today.

The paint that was going on the sheds here today was matching the colour of the clouds. But luckily escaped any rain it went all around me.
    The weather gods favoured me today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Heavy showers on and off here all day, mucky type of a day. Well sick of it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Heavy showers on and off here all day, mucky type of a day. Well sick of it now.
    Same here and a heavy downpour around 5pm. Nearly got stuck with the jeep in the field when I went out to feed calves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Heavy fog this morning.

Drizzle down in Kerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Light rain just falling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Water rattling out of the gutters since 3.00 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭Dickie10

turned cooler today. definite chill on the wind the last couple of days. i have a feeling we could have a cold autumn with early frost. id say grass will disapeer this sept very quickly.

• Advertisement

Looks like we're going to get an absolute deluge here in the next hour or so according to rainfall radar. fields have been holding up fine up to now next few days could change that

Advertisement