Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Mooooo wrote: »
    Big increase in wind in the last 40 minutes, 5 trees down brother locked in by trees down, one across our drive. Bulk tank text to let me know the power is gone

Is the wind coming from the west/south west there? Still coming from SE here in N Tipp.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Branches down, strong gusts with rain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

We seem to be over the worst of it here and the short range forecast doesn't look too bad.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/short-range.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Think it's dying down abit here now too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Dozer1

much better here, just blustery here, seem to have escaped the worst

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We seem to be missing anything serious. Very windy but no storm force stuff as of yet.

Bin collection went as usual there earlier, our bins are out at the end of the lane but fair play the lads used thentwine I had tied the kids down with to tie the bins to the fence wire to stop them being blown out on the road.

https://m.imgur.com/a/G39uu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Back to full intensity here again. I opened the door of the jeep a few minutes ago and was left with the door handle in my hand. The rest of the door almost blown off it's hinges. Door well strained. Fcuk it anyway. Canopy folded over on part of the roof of cubicle house and having a right oul time breaking big six sheeting atm. Still a couple of hours of it to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Settled down here now. No major damage thank god. Lots of trees down and no power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Floki

Power is off here and by the look of it it'll be off for days.

There's a whole section of county wexford from new Ross to enniscorthy without power.
    Foolishly took a drive for supplies and there's trees and branches down everywhere.
    Thankfully the men with vans are in some places clearing the road. Travelled from new Ross to enniscorthy and even on the main road there's trees and wires down but it's passable with care. Not a sign of any council workers out though. They'll be extremely busy tomorrow.

No damage done on farm ( I think) and a sparks got my genny wired up so I can milk anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Wind has got very strong again

• Advertisement

Wind has got very strong again

Yeah kicked off a little here too

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Theres a fair gale blowing here last couple of hours. By 7 it was calm and thought it had passed power coming and going. didnt milk this eve, hope we have power in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭naughto

Same her we had very little during the day now it's very wild out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Pretty sure it's passed here now. Back to just being windy. Two periods of stormy conditions. Power at houses none at yard. Must be transformer related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Ice on the car this mornin

Very foggy out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

First bit of grass frost. We can't complain really!

Muckit wrote: »
    First bit of grass frost. We can't complain really!

Wow, we’ve been having frosts occasional mornings for about three weeks, but we’re ~270m above sea level.

Foggy, dead calm, damp this morning in cavan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,788 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

First Wednesday in over a month with no rain, think tomorrow is wet though

I'm like a child going back to school. The inevitable housing of cattle will take place this weekend and I'm not looking forward to it! But will soon settle into the winter routine and then all will be grand ;)

• Advertisement

whelan2 wrote: »
    First Wednesday in over a month with no rain, think tomorrow is wet though

Forecast for next few days has allot of rain about across the whole country. Say many cattle will be housed.

Recon we will give ours access to shed and feed meal at barrier. But they can graze away if they wish for another week or two.

Grand night here now. Was raining earlier

_Brian wrote: »
    Forecast for next few days has allot of rain about across the whole country. Say many cattle will be housed.

Recon we will give ours access to shed and feed meal at barrier. But they can graze away if they wish for another week or two.

Would you consider putting them in full time now altogether _Brian and going with your plan for the spring? No comparison between autumn and spring grass in terms of energy even though both might have same dry matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Muckit wrote: »
    I'm like a child going back to school. The inevitable housing of cattle will take place this weekend and I'm not looking forward to it! But will soon settle into the winter routine and then all will be grand ;)

ya have your uniform ready?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Heavy enough rain out tonight. And persistent too. I'd say we are officially into winter now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Raining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Pure and utter ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,788 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Still dry here, red sky though...

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

horrible wet dark morning, but we have power

• Advertisement

Lashing rain here. Only a day for the bord bia book

Advertisement