Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Dry up here so far but getting windy
    Rain very soon by look of radar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

8yNJ0.gif

Have to walk cows home almost 2km tomorrow, field is too wet to get a tractor & trailer in :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Floki

8yNJ0.gif

Have to walk cows home almost 2km tomorrow, field is too wet to get a tractor & trailer in :eek:

I'll look forward to hearing about it on AA road watch.:D

Floki wrote: »
    I'll look forward to hearing about it on AA road watch.:D

It's Leitrim, no more traffic jams than usual! Might be a flying cow or two though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

ganmo wrote: »
    ya have your uniform ready?

Bodywarmer, check. Wooly hat, check. Gloves, check. Head torch. Yep ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,788 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Just started raining here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

ganmo wrote: »
    ya have your uniform ready?
    1200px-AngusYoung.JPG
    He's sorted, I'd say:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Attie

Not talking time to rain Kingscort miserable day.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭degetme

Ah real **** day in every way

Trying hard to rain. Not much falling. Rest of the country must have gotten the most of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Wet day here. The place is in slop. The wind has died down now, it's calm with light rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Strong whore of wind blowing now driving rain with it. Feel for lads with no power

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭Dickie10

is this the earliest onset of "winter" you lads have ever seen? i would be shocked if anyone will have cattle out after this weekend so it really is the start of winter farming. once your feeding cattle in the shed it begins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭tanko

Winter started a month or two ago on lots of farms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Dozer1

rotten here all evening places floating last cow calved this evening outside got soaked bringing her in.
    cattle going in saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

But do guys have enough fodder? I'm already thinking about buying in 1/2 tonne bags of meal to stretch out the silage.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Dunedin

But do guys have enough fodder? I'm already thinking about buying in 1/2 tonne bags of meal to stretch out the silage.

It's more the slurry storeage that worries me. If I put in now, wouldn't have a hope of lasting til spreading date in January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Ground is just consistency of mouse now, even light stock are hacking it up.

_Brian wrote: »
    Ground is just consistency of mouse now, even light stock are hacking it up.

Lovely crunchy, furry ground!

Squeak :pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

There's silage trailer loads of fermented pit silage going the roads goodo round here. Good to see lads using their heads and buying now rather than next spring. This thing of praying for a miracle doesn't usually work out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Dunedin wrote: »
    It's more the slurry storeage that worries me. If I put in now, wouldn't have a hope of lasting til spreading date in January

I'm in the same boat. If I want have storage till the middle of January I'll have to keep cows or till at least the middle of November. I might have to try to keep the spring calvers out somewhere I don't mind tearing up, and put a round feeder with um. And house the autumn calvers.
    Loads of grass to graze yet. The clean out is poor at the moment.

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. If I want have storage till the middle of January I'll have to keep cows or till at least the middle of November. I might have to try to keep the spring calvers out somewhere I don't mind tearing up, and put a round feeder with um. And house the autumn calvers.
    Loads of grass to graze yet. The clean out is poor at the moment.

Are we all not supposed to have enough storage for the closed period?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

What is going on with Met Eireann? On their site they issue a Yellow warning for Saturday for guts of up to 130kph but the little window with the map of Ireland only shows 50kph.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

What is going on with Met Eireann? On their site they issue a Yellow warning for Saturday for guts of up to 130kph but the little window with the map of Ireland only shows 50kph.
    Dublin windspeed.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Are we all not supposed to have enough storage for the closed period?

Of course we all are, in a perfect world.
    If you had your cattle in from the start of October day and night would you have enough storage till the middle of January? Or Feb or march? Remember we shouldnt put out slurry if there's heavy rain forecast.

We used to have a large open tank and we had no problem with storage. But the old fella threw a slatted shed up over it and the new tank is not as big.

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Of course we all are, in a perfect world.
    If you had your cattle in from the start of October day and night would you have enough storage till the middle of January? Or Feb or march? Remember we shouldnt put out slurry if there's heavy rain forecast.

We used to have a large open tank and we had no problem with storage. But the old fella threw a slatted shed up over it and the new tank is not as big.

In our county you have to have to have enough storage. We have enough to last us in to February. Dont think it's fair that it's a different rule for each county

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Just starting milling down now

I spent the last few hours with a road saw cutting concrete in the collecting yard for a digger to break and dig for foundations for a shed.

I don't think I have ever been as wet:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Just started raining here now. Noticeable cooler too.
    Yesterday made 22mm of rain around these parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Horrible day here. Started off ok but from lunchtime it has gradually gotten worse. Wet and cold here now, not very windy though at the moment.
    All cattle in from tomorrow. Have a herd test (3rd one this year!! :mad: ) next week so was going to have to round them up anyway. So once they are in they are gonna stay in!

Advertisement