Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Floki

Heavy sleety showers floating about here.

Looks like ye lot up in the northwest and west coast will get a coating of the white stuff.

Down here we'll get good drying weather up till the precipitation on Sunday anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Frosty down here this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,788 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

On bus to anfield. Hailstones temp says 5degrees but feels like -5 out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Not as cold this morning . Put spring heifer calves in yday

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭wats the craic

whelan2 wrote: »
    On bus to anfield. Hailstones temp says 5degrees but feels like -5 out

your not one of them are you ..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Truly horrible day in the mid west. Murky wet and cold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Horrible day here, morning wasn't too bad but good God it's gone downhill since.

Last Friday morning we had the worst thunder and lightening I've seen or heard. The youngest fella ran from his room like a scalded cat!!

It only lasted 10-15 minutes but it was like the house was shaking if that makes sense.
    Every socket in the house lit up, thankfully the only damage was to the perimeter fence for the dog and the land line phone. A lot of houses had their internet etc knocked out and one TV blew off the wall.

I only heard of one animal being injured, a poor horse frightened out of its wits ran head first into a wall.

Power was out for about 5 hours,

All in all we were all very lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Runswithfeet

Rained heavily here all day in Sligo.Was dosing ewes for Fluke as land is beyond describing as saturated:(

Dry cold day here but the sun is out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Just passed a lad with a haybob turning straw in a field. Longest dry spell we've seen around here since July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Just passed a lad with a haybob turning straw in a field. Longest dry spell we've seen around here since July.

That straw hardly worth much at this stage

Reggie. wrote: »
    That straw hardly worth much at this stage
    Might be slightly better than no straw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Might be slightly better than no straw

*might*

A neighbour of mine had a shed damaged by the hurricane. Blamed it on not having straw baled and in to close off the southern side of shed. He had nearly 14 acres to bale. He's still optimistic on getting bales off it. Reckons it would be less hassle than trying to scatter the rows and trying to plough it down next spring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Dont know bout where ye are but I cant remember the last time the concrete was dry in front of the sheds

Dont know bout where ye are but I cant remember the last time the concrete was dry in front of the sheds

Have lime to go out. Needs to dry a good bit before we spread

50 hrs straight was the longest spell of dry weather since we had a thunder storm back in july. Mighty weather in May. First cut started in first week of May. Some lads had pits filled before July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭Dickie10

putting out lime on 20 acres tomorrow. should be fairly dry

Sunny morning here but around 1°C. Helping a fella clean out straw bedded sheds with the Davy brown. No back window or side door. Ooh lord the cold

Snowing. Hoping for a text that football is off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Ground just 70-80% white here now.

Seems to be freezing as it falls. Sticking to gates and everything it touches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

1cm of snow out, was hoping for more but it looks marvellous :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

A sugar coating here in South Wicklow ,another shower a few minutes ago

Saturday night into Sunday is looking very snowy in parts of the midlands and north but not in my area where it’s going to be rain I’d imagine
    It’s a weather front on an area of low pressure so where it stays as snow,there’ll be a lot of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Ankle deep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Floki

I presume everyone knows about the impending apocalypse with snowfall?

Looking at the British met office forecast on YouTube it seems it could affect the midlands and north.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

It's cold but dry . I'm sitting in a hall waiting for the young lad to do his first grading in judo and the teeth are damn near clattering !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Ankle deep!

Will the nearest lad be fit for Christmas dinner ?

Frosty but a nice morning in general

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Bullocks wrote: »
    Will the nearest lad be fit for Christmas dinner ?

I don't think so. She was hatched in good enough time but a poor weak clutch it was, she was the only survivor and it took her a long time to start thriving.

Frosty overnight here, still snow lying around. Tomorrow's forecast looks like it could add to that. Whether it's snow or rain we're getting we could do without it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Frosty, -2 or so, earlier in south Wicklow just outside Aughrim. I was out for my morning run and saw some hardy lads picking veg in farmland soon after 8am. Brussels sprouts or other Christmas fare perhaps. Fare play to them.

Advertisement