Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Getting very Rough here in North Kildare, Girlfriend has no power and thunder & lighting in Mayo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Westmeath fairly windy now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

Was bad here an hour a go usually love a good storm this one frightened the sh1te out of me power outages all over the place even the hospital back up kicked in straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Fairly rough here at the minute, some electricity gone on way home too. Branches all over the place, 1 asshole passed me , he must have been doing 100mph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

whelan2 wrote: »
    Fairly rough here at the minute, some electricity gone on way home too. Branches all over the place, 1 asshole passed me , he must have been doing 100mph

Pm box cleared :D
    Not too bad here
    Your wind will peak in next hour or two

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Bad here now. Heavy showers and thunder and lightening very close. Some power lines down around the place. Herself was collecting from indoor soccer and had to make a 7 mile detour instead of a 2 mile trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I don't think anybody is really surprised by this weather tonight.
    It was forecasted with extreme caution by Met Eireann after all.
    I'm in the southeast and people changed their plans here because of the forecast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭Odelay

I don't think anybody is really surprised by this weather tonight.
    It was forecasted with extreme caution by Met Eireann after all.
    I'm in the southeast and people changed their plans here because of the forecast.

Oooh, but then you have the idiots complaing about too many weather warnings and sure it's not that bad where I live etc.
    Do they think the weather spreads evenly around the country like butter on toast?
    Christ ther was one lad on the weather forum complaining about "the tought police" stopping them parking on the prom in Galway...... Duh, they are not stopping your thoughts, just trying to save themselves a job rescuing you...

Odelay wrote: »
    Oooh, but then you have the idiots complaing about too many weather warnings and sure it's not that bad where I live etc.
    Do they think the weather spreads evenly around the country like butter on toast?
    Christ ther was one lad on the weather forum complaining about "the tought police" stopping them parking on the prom in Galway...... Duh, they are not stopping your thoughts, just trying to save themselves a job rescuing you...
    what was here this evening was worse than ophelia imo. I spoke to a good few people today who didnt know this was coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Was prob Eleanor. The bitch was caught going 96mph up around knock airport earlier.

• Advertisement

Odelay wrote: »

Evelyn was on the news tonight warning about high seas and for people to stay away from the coast tomorrow.
    Now you or me would say good advice Evelyn I'll do exactly that. But then there's another type of person hearing that and think I must go down to the coast tomorrow putting the emergency services in harms way.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

what was here this evening was worse than ophelia imo. I spoke to a good few people today who didnt know this was coming.

They haven't the interest to listen (or too lazy) to the News/read a paper. then blame someone else that they're not informed,........ I know all about that :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Put down a rough night. Severe gales and heavy showers of rain. Grand day today and no damage thank fully.

Lost a few sheets of corrugate last night, just the bit covering the wool:mad:

Lost a few sheets of corrugate last night, just the bit covering the wool:mad:

That's your second time ain't it

Reggie. wrote: »
    That's your second time ain't it
    No, this was the old dairy in the old parlour. It is/was handy for storing sheep stuff and for shearing.

Not so much for storing wool anymore:(

The new shed doesn't even move in the wind, thank god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Wind after rising unbelievably fast in last 10 mins. Here we go again.

Very windy this morning. All calm now but cold. Very frosty weather on the way it seems

Dry today and dry tomorrow.
    I'd say that'll be last of the dry for a good while now.
    With the extreme cold in North America it's bound to start up a strong jet stream overhead.
    See ye in March when it might stop raining.

Dry today and dry tomorrow.
    I'd say that'll be last of the dry for a good while now.
    With the extreme cold in North America it's bound to start up a strong jet stream overhead.
    See ye in March when it might stop raining.
    Here's what i think is going to happen and there's signs of it in the forecast.

Cold in North America drives a jet stream.
    Jet stream gets curved up by an Atlantic low or a weak high pressure in Europe into the arctic. That brings warmth from the Atlantic and displaces cold and curves that cold into Europe which strengthens high pressure in Europe. However the jet stream is still strong driven by the temperature difference between N.A. and the warm north Atlantic. So this jet stream races across the Atlantic but is blocked by this strengthening HP in Europe and is driven into the arctic. But between the two, Ireland will be stuck between the two forces and we'll have a southwesterly track of air over us with mild and wet with an occasional storm thrown in for fun.
    Obviously the west and north of Ireland will get more rain than the rest of Ireland because they're worth it. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Here's what i think is going to happen and there's signs of it in the forecast.

Cold in North America drives a jet stream.
    Jet stream gets curved up by an Atlantic low or a weak high pressure in Europe into the arctic. That brings warmth from the Atlantic and displaces cold and curves that cold into Europe which strengthens high pressure in Europe. However the jet stream is still strong driven by the temperature difference between N.A. and the warm north Atlantic. So this jet stream races across the Atlantic but is blocked by this strengthening HP in Europe and is driven into the arctic. But between the two, Ireland will be stuck between the two forces and we'll have a southwesterly track of air over us with mild and wet with an occasional storm thrown in for fun.
    Obviously the west and north of Ireland will get more rain than the rest of Ireland because they're worth it. ;)

As my neighbour used to say long ago, you could be 2/3's right.

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    As my neighbour used to say long ago, you could be 2/3's right.

Or 100% wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Frosty morning about -3°C or so. Lovely morning to be out and about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

-4℃ here . It's smashing out and the roads aren't too bad either

Bullocks wrote: »
    -4℃ here . It's smashing out and the roads aren't too bad either

Lovely morning for dosing stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Out this morning at 7 for an hour before work, car said -6.5 on route to work. Lovely weather to be doing a bit, not too icy.
    Killer with the dung backing up though and it all freezing, Jan 15th cant come quick enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

I want the frost back :(

Very dark out this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Very dark out this morning

Yea foggy, sky is on the ground.
    Bring back the bright frosty days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Not raining yet here and it's already feeling miserable .

Advertisement