Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Fcukers of showers here all day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

spring is maybe here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I'd say there is a bit of frost coming here tonight . It was lovely and mild today so I thought a bit of growth and drying might start but looking at the weather forum they are hoping for hard frost or maybe snow ! I fecking hope no snow comes anyhow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Raining here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,715 ✭✭✭giveitholly

wiggy123 wrote: »
    spring is maybe here

Have a look in the weather forum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭I says

Frosty and misty this am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

That's a really good spring day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

That's a really good spring day.

Savage day in mullingar here atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Reggie. wrote: »
    Savage day in mullingar here atm

Took the fertiliser spreader out of the shed this morning :)

whelan2 wrote: »
    Took the fertiliser spreader out of the shed this morning :)

Ah here.... The snow is def coming now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Great day here in templemore.ground has dried out some amount.great to be out spreading slurry and not ploughing the **** out of it 😊

3 degrees in an easterly wind.
    Getting colder every day.

There's a blue tinge on a haze here as well. It must be from coal fires from the UK and Europe.

3 degrees in an easterly wind.
    Getting colder every day.

There's a blue tinge on a haze here as well. It must be from coal fires from the UK and Europe.

Yeah nice bite in the air today. Great drying tho. Tankers out on force everywhere

Yeah nice bite in the air today. Great drying tho. Tankers out on force everywhere

Sure there's very little humidity in this cold wind.
    Pity the nitrogen will be wasted in the slurry though. You'll have everything else OM, P, K, all the trace elements but unless it's injected in the ground with this weather and no growth (plant and microbes) it'll disappear into the air.
    If it was watery there might be some hope of it staying in the soil.
    But you'll still get the other benefits though.

Sure there's very little humidity in this cold wind.
    Pity the nitrogen will be wasted in the slurry though. You'll have everything else OM, P, K, all the trace elements but unless it's injected in the ground with this weather and no growth (plant and microbes) it'll disappear into the air.
    If it was watery there might be some hope of it staying in the soil.
    But you'll still get the other benefits though.

I'd say for a lot, me included it's just a case of having to drop the tqnjs

Great day out there.
    Not much wind and not a cloud in the sky.
    4 degrees feels nice in the Sun.

Oul fella said it's hard to believe what it'll be like here in a few days especially with the weather today.

Some of the weather apps (windy) are giving 7 inches of snow here but it's impossible to forecast a situation like this about how much snow we'll get. It'll be very much a nowcast situation and watching the rainfall radar. Different types of snow have different densities too with drier colder snow able to stack up higher and make a greater dept for the same amount of moisture as wet snow.
    The usual ratio is 1 inch of water gives 10 inches of snow but I have seen some say it could go to 50:1 for extremely dry cold snow?
    Biggest factor this week still seems to be this low pressure Friday which could dump a load of snow over the whole country to possibly maybe breaking and finishing off this cold spell maybe temporarily or perhaps for longer.

Met eireann still going for significant snowfall on today's farming forecast.
    Countryfile will be next to watch tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Great day out there.
    Not much wind and not a cloud in the sky.
    4 degrees feels nice in the Sun.

Oul fella said it's hard to believe what it'll be like here in a few days especially with the weather today.

Some of the weather apps (windy) are giving 7 inches of snow here but it's impossible to forecast a situation like this about how much snow we'll get. It'll be very much a nowcast situation and watching the rainfall radar. Different types of snow have different densities too with drier colder snow able to stack up higher and make a greater dept for the same amount of moisture as wet snow.
    The usual ratio is 1 inch of water gives 10 inches of snow but I have seen some say it could go to 50:1 for extremely dry cold snow?
    Biggest factor this week still seems to be this low pressure Friday which could dump a load of snow over the whole country to possibly maybe breaking and finishing off this cold spell maybe temporarily or perhaps for longer.

Met eireann still going for significant snowfall on today's farming forecast.
    Countryfile will be next to watch tonight.
    Exact same here today. Am in a t shirt. Feeps like 10°C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Beautiful day here. Looking outside it could pass for a Summers day with a slight haze but step out and the wind chill will get you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭alps

On the way home from Kildare. It was like summer. Great heat in the sun and fab to see a clear blue sky..

Believe it was could and cool in Cork...��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

alps wrote:
    Believe it was could and cool in Cork...

Has been dull and cold all day here, don't think the girls would go out even if we flung the gates open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Was a fabulous day here too. Even found fecking frogspawn :eek:

442841.jpg

Was a fabulous day here too. Even found fecking frogspawn :eek:

442841.jpg

Well they are fecked I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Well they are fecked I'd say

They were in a flooded lane so double fecked! Though can't cold blooded animals survive freezing, I know some in Siberia could anyway. Maybe not Ireland!!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

Absolute cracker of a day here in the west, was at a match this morning and the breeze would peel the skin off your face but by the end of it the wind died down and their was lovely heat in the sun got plenty of work done when we landed home.

They were in a flooded lane so double fecked! Though can't cold blooded animals survive freezing, I know some in Siberia could anyway. Maybe not Ireland!!

There was alligators in the US during the freeze in Jan that were observed in a water course that froze where they left their snouts sticking out of the water to breathe when the water froze over but I guess they are hardy enough fcukers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭nhg

Great day here yesterday, even saw a few daisies on our farm walk, land in good order - great drying the last few days...

We were due to get lime out today on out farm but think we will have to wait until 'the beast from the east' retreats back to the east....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Some drying there for the last few days,got the first cut into the lawn this evening ,brownie points in the bag����

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

It was bitterly cold at dark this evening with a wind that'd skin you.
    It's flat calm out now and the frost from earlier has vanished! Bit of cloud cover must be insulation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

-4 here, good white frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Not as frosty here today,prob the calm before the storm

Advertisement