Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

Not as much as snowflake in existence around here, I'd take a full winter of this weather that we've had since Friday. Cold, yes, but not a lot worse than we sometimes get.
    Sheep are standing around silage feeders happy out, no gutters, no sh*te and no lameness. Ewes come for their meal and lie at the hedge. Compared to about a month ago when i was pulling hoggs out of drifts and carrying them off the mountain I'll take this weather every time. Now it's likely gonna get worse tomorrow and we'll see snow but i love a good hard frost underfoot compared to gutters.
    Spread the whole farm with fert at the weekend and you wouldn't see where the quad and sower were in the field compared to other years. As long as the east wind doesn't stay and everything turns brown then, it might shorten our seven month winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭20silkcut

jimmy G M wrote: »
    What are conditions like around Durrow in Laois?

I need to travel up that area later on in the evening.

I’m not far from there about 15 miles and it’s bad enough here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Anyone around clon what's it like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Was -3 half an hour ago, now -1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Just enough snow to whiten the tarmac and grass here in Cavan. None at all in Ballyconnell, it's strange to see the mountains bright green & brown while fields a 10 miles away are white. Blue skies and sunny, -2 degrees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

will the big snow come..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭I says

-3c realfeel 3times colder than that about 4inches of snow and now falling constant for the last hour.

wiggy123 wrote: »
    will the big snow come..

Was that not it......?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭larthehar

whelan2 wrote: »
    Was that not it......?

Tomorrow is to be worse..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Snowing here in North Tipperary all morning. I just got back from my walk and there is about 3 ft of snow on the foot paths. Looking out the window at the moment and it's pelting down with massive white flakes. If this continues the whole town will be on lockdown it just hasn't stopped and this is before tomorrows main event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

larthehar wrote: »

Tonight tomorrow and Friday supposed to carry the bulk of it they are forecasting

Ah I was joking. Stay safe everone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Ah good 6in or 7in here. Clearing roads all morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,715 ✭✭✭giveitholly

natashaob6 wrote: »
    Snowing here in North Tipperary all morning. I just got back from my walk and there is about 3 ft of snow on the foot paths. Looking out the window at the moment and it's pelting down with massive white flakes. If this continues the whole town will be on lockdown it just hasn't stopped and this is before tomorrows main event.

Do u mind me asking what part or North tipp you are in,was supposed to be working above rear cross but dis not go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭larthehar

whelan2 wrote: »
    Ah I was joking. Stay safe everone.

I thought you were planning to let the cows out again tomorrow or something!

I thought you were planning to let the cows out again tomorrow or something!

They were bawling to get out after milking this morning. Just had them out the last few days so I could say I was grazing in February

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭I says

Do u mind me asking what part or North tipp you are in,was supposed to be working above rear cross but dis not go

Lorrha to thurles ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Serious amount of snow falling now. It's heavy and sticking! Daughter is planning for a 'snow day'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Very heavy here in Kildare. Worked from home today. Very happy with the company telling us to stay at home and my manager emailed me not to worry if i needed to do stuff at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Very heavy here in Kildare. Worked from home today. Very happy with the company telling us to stay at home and my manager emailed me not to worry if i needed to do stuff at home.
    As an ex employee (now self employed) isn't it nice that your employer is concerned about you. In the past I worked (7 weeks) for a company who wouldn't scrape you off the floor :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Base price wrote: »
    As an ex employee (now self employed) isn't it nice that your employer is concerned about you. In the past I worked (7 weeks) for a company who wouldn't scrape you off the floor :mad:
    Ive been self employed for a different company before and they wouldnt even pay for an evening meal when we worked in London for them.  Id put in a few extra hrs with this crowd every week to keep on top of stuff. Happy  i do now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

When there is finally a thaw after this the whole place is going to go to sh1te again.back on with the boots then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭Base price

When there is finally a thaw after this the whole place is going to go to sh1te again.back on with the boots then
    Yep plus most of the slurry that was spread during the last few days will be washed into streams, drains and rivers :mad:
    We really need to sort out some sort of flexibility for EU regulations regarding slurry spreading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭kk.man

It's bitter cold and east wind. Hoggets that are out went to east facing ditch after feeding them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Base price wrote: »

Same here.
    I worked from home today, same tomorrow and Friday.
    Didn’t have to ask, just got an email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I live in Nenagh and the snow was pretty heavy so I would expect the roads around North Tipperary to be tredchous in the morning as the snow from today has now frozen over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

kk.man wrote: »
    It's bitter cold and east wind. Hoggets that are out went to east facing ditch after feeding them.

That's one thing my father always says about the difference between cattle and sheep in bad weather.
    Cattle will stick the head down and walk into the wind till they get to a ditch and then turn around and turn their back to the wind with the added benefit of shelter of the ditch from the weather.
    Sheep will do the opposite and walk with the wind until they reach a ditch. But now the sheep are standing at a ditch with no shelter. It could be blizzard conditions and the sheep will just stand there as the snow blows across the field and builds up against the ditch burying them in a drift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Snow wind and lightning. Massive flash with thunder down on top of it and power went out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Snow wind and lightning. Massive flash with thunder down on top of it and power went out.

You're in west cork Yeah? Had the snow and wind no lightning tho. Gone clear out now you'd nearly think morning was about to break. You can see with a small wind the way the snow deposits only a few inches in the open yard and could be a foot then elsewhere. Getting parlour going will be fun in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Office view bringing up some grit, fair play to the council for providing it, wouldn't if got the milk lorry in today without it

Advertisement