Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

You mean boards isn't the appropriate forum to apply through?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

You mean boards isn't the appropriate forum to apply through?

Hasn't worked so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Heavy rain since about half 9. The weekend isn't given to bad so hopefully it won't set us back to much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Heavy rain since about half 9. The weekend isn't given to bad so hopefully it won't set us back to much.

Didnt start till 10.30 here. Will bring in the cattle that are out soon as can't afford any more damage

Mooooo wrote: »
    Didnt start till 10.30 here. Will bring in the cattle that are out soon as can't afford any more damage

Haven't even got any cattle out yet. Would normally have a the silage ground grazed fertilised and roll it around Easter. I won't get the chance to graze it at this rate. Would normally take the first cut around the 3rd week of may. So tis time to change the plan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,792 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Dry here. Hope it stays away until milking time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Damp up here but by no means wet. Strong cold wind out though. Just brought 2 heifers back in, they only calved yesterday but were cold looking.

Some long fecking winter this year.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

A few lads here nearly out of silage. After bringing in the zero grazer. Cutting acres just to fill 1 load. You'd cut the same paddocks with a lawnmower.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

lashing down here in west cork and there is a cold wind behind it,the big cow men are under presure now.

lashing down here in west cork and there is a cold wind behind it,the big cow men are under presure now.

Would they be the lads over 6ft and 16 stone? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Those size ones are sank to their oxters in fields round here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

ya them are the boys.

A lot of slurry gone out the last few days. I'd say it's on the move again today - running downhill- with the volume of rain falling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭I says

Dry morning here starting raining at one o clock miserable bastard of a day now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

I says wrote: »
    Dry morning here starting raining at one o clock miserable bastard of a day now.

Same here (Waterford). I had the washing out for herself and everything but had to make a run and bring it in at dinner time. Rain, wind, and cold here now. Not a blade of grass growing. Bought more nuts for the sheep yesterday.

Tá mo croí briste leis an aimsir agus tá ana bron orm.

Funny how certain bits of Irish from school stay with ya. I can't remember the Irish for sunny, dry, or mild though!!!

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

I says wrote: »

Same here (Waterford). I had the washing out for herself and everything but had to make a run and bring it in at dinner time. Rain, wind, and cold here now. Not a blade of grass growing. Bought more nuts for the sheep yesterday.

Funny how certain bits of Irish from school stay with ya. I can't remember the Irish for sunny, dry, or mild though!!!
    Bà maithe liom là breà brothallach i mhí meithimh

Sure Tá sé ag sileadh báisteach

Rain easing up a bit now thank God. The jeep is telling me that it's 10Degrees out there so at least there's a bit of growth about.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Rain easing up a bit now thank God. The jeep is telling me that it's 10Degrees out there so at least there's a bit of growth about.

I sure hope your right! Most of the farm has got fertilizer. Rain clearing abit here in Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Rained a bit here in Templemore.not too bad.stopped now but very windy.at least the fertilizer gone out on Monday isn't being washed away.....i hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭kk.man

Tá sé ag cur ó dhíon is ó dheora; tá séag 
    doirteadh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭tanko

"An bhfuil cead agam dul go dti an leithreas?" is about the only irish i remember from school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Meirbh is mild in NW anyway....far from it though!....although I can notice a slight greening on fields without sheep in last few days,no fertilizer out yet.
    Drizzling rain here all day in Leitrim....the type that really wets you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭I says

Dry again but cold

More feckin rain. Down for the day or as good as. Can you spread fertiliser by helicopter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭blackdog1

More feckin rain. Down for the day or as good as. Can you spread fertiliser by helicopter?

You actually can just not in this country :)

blackdog1 wrote: »
    You actually can just not in this country :)

Bureaucracy and red tape I suppose.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Met Eireann have launched a new site, but the weather is still crap

https://beta.met.ie/ they are looking for feedback over on the weather forum.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Needless to say the forecast is still not great.
    It don't look to be any great improvement till the 2nd week of April and even then no guarantee.
    May just take every day as she comes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭kk.man

I find this evening to be very cold as well as wet. I think the worst evening that came apart from the snow.
    The ewes and lambs are going mad, very unsettled outside. I can't bring them in due to space.

Advertisement