Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭HughCassidy

The weather for next week is not great no let up at all lucky got spring malting barley sown for a man last Saturday sunday lucky it was on sandy ground that was going to be reseeded last autumn the ploughed ground after all the weather worked out well. I don't know about ye but you would be drained after this winter its a constant struggle since last harvest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

The weather for next week is not great no let up at all lucky got spring malting barley sown for a man last Saturday sunday lucky it was on sandy ground that was going to be reseeded last autumn the ploughed ground after all the weather worked out well. I don't know about ye but you would be drained after this winter its a constant struggle since last harvest.
    Harvest will be late this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

A nice clear evening there.
    There it is 8 o clock and still bright.
    Just about 6c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

A nice clear evening there.
    There it is 8 o clock and still bright.
    Just about 6c.
    Beautiful, bright, clear, warm day here today. Hope tomorrows return of wet weather isn't as bad as forecast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Beautiful, bright, clear, warm day here today. Hope tomorrows return of wet weather isn't as bad as forecast.

Fairly certain of a big dump of rain in the southeast Sunday night Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭I says

Frost and cold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,792 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I says wrote: »
    Frost and cold

Started raining here. Thought today was to be dry. Cows are gone out

Bit of frost at 5am

Cool and overcast but dry here. Light frost last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Burning Tires

Started pouring here in Cork about 10. Brought cattle in again.
    Put your left leg in, put your left leg out, do the hokey pokey...... driving me mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Raining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Started pouring here in Cork about 10. Brought cattle in again.
    Put your left leg in, put your left leg out, do the hokey pokey...... driving me mad

What part of Cork? Only light rain in north cork since 11.30 am. Miserably cold though.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Burning Tires

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    What part of Cork? Only light rain in north cork since 11.30 am. Miserably cold though.

Drinagh, West cork

Cool and overcast but dry here. Light frost last night.
    Just starting to rain here now. Cows on their way back to the yard.

Upgrade from raining to totally gone to sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Just starting to rain here now. Cows on their way back to the yard.

The cows here had no trouble heading for the cubicles this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

It's awful cold! Smells like rain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭Odelay

KatyMac wrote: »
    It's awful cold! Smells like rain!

Normally only notice that smell after a dry spell in the summer, not sure why?

Raining since midnight

whelan2 wrote: »
    Raining since midnight

Raining here since oct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Reggie. wrote: »
    Raining here since oct

Lucky baxtard , its at it here since June :D

Rain stopped, heavy drizzly fog in its place

Dry here since 6am. It rained during the night but not a whole lot. I must head down the fields to see if the cows can go out today. Drying wind out but nippy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Rained heavy here in Templemore last nite followed by sleet on ground this morning.the devils' bit behind us is shrouded in mist with a covering of sleet on it.its bloody freezing.cows in and happy to be so.will be doing well to be out again by Thursday given state of fields,and I would be lucky with the ground I farm.all this expansion talk,questions going to have to be seriously considered now.I'm normally a glass half full person and generally takes a lot to piss me right off but today u would have to query ur sanity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

boggerman1 wrote: »
    Rained heavy here in Templemore last nite followed by sleet on ground this morning.the devils' bit behind us is shrouded in mist with a covering of sleet on it.its bloody freezing.cows in and happy to be so.will be doing well to be out again by Thursday given state of fields,and I would be lucky with the ground I farm.all this expansion talk,questions going to have to be seriously considered now.I'm normally a glass half full person and generally takes a lot to piss me right off but today u would have to query ur sanity!

The ideal winter I can get away with only housing for 6wks/2months, which puts a questionmark over bothering spending much on winter accommodation other than what needs to get over the nitrates line, but this winter has certainly thought me that that's the utter wrong line of thinking. I have the land to support a decent few more cows, but what the hell is the point of driving on ahead, maybe getting away with it for 2 or 3yrs, then having a pure Hardship spring like this that would completely turn you off farming if you're only trying to juggle overcrowded sheds, lack of fodder etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Fecking pissing rain still after allot last night. Ground is beyond saturated with pools of water on the surface again today. Always on a bank holiday when ud be hoping to get s few jobs done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭I says

sea12 wrote: »
    Fecking pissing rain still after allot last night. Ground is beyond saturated with pools of water on the surface again today. Always on a bank holiday when ud be hoping to get s few jobs done.

‘‘Tis getting beyond dog****e at this stage although next week looks promising at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭kk.man

I just out and about. The amount of water lying on even sandy dry tillage ground is unbelievable. No cattle out anywhere and grass is very scarce.

Heading off to a hotel for the night. Forget about muck and rain for a few hours. Clear the head. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

whelan2 wrote: »
    Heading off to a hotel for the night. Forget about muck and rain for a few hours. Clear the head. Cheers

Enjoy, well deserved

Advertisement