Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sauspans, dishes, ironing board

Options
  • 30-10-2016 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Am I right in thinking I don't need to supply those items when renting out my house? I have hob, oven, microwave, washing machine and dryer. Also how about fireside sets: should I supply those.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Saucepans, dishes and iron board = no
    In theory you can buy them and they could be a acceptable expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I wouldn't expect them to be provided.

I dont know what a fireside set is.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

theteal wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect them to be provided.

I dont know what a fireside set is.

Poker, tongs, shovel. Would expect that if the fire was core to the heating system, but I don't think solid fuel heating is allowed under the standards anymore.

If it's not I wouldn't provide it - don't encourage people who wouldn't otherwise use the fire

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Junglewoman

If there is a fireplace that can be used make sure there is a spark guard and metal bucket for ashes provided as fire prevention measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

You might not have to supply them but I'd expect (and always have been provided) dishes and saucepans in anywhere I've ever rented.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

OP have you read your insurance contract? A lot of underwriters for rental properties state that there should be no naked flames ie candles or open fires in a house. I personally wouldnt encourage a tenant to light a fire at all.

Most landlords supply pots and pans. I wouldnt be a hurry to provide them. The amount of lazy tenants I have seen throwing perfectly good saucepans in the bins when cleaning a house after them moving out is ridiculous. Tenants can be so lazy when moving out, that they will actually bin a saucepan rather than clean it. If a tenant has to provide their own small items like dishes, they might be less inclined to damage them(well you dont care if they break or damage them)

Advertisement