Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

post crash photos

Options
  • 30-10-2016 10:47pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭

this is from a few years ago (i suspect at least eight years). damage to rider cost less to fix than damage to bike.

400411.jpeg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

in hindsight, the bike was probably still usable, albeit with a slightly ludicrous toe/wheel overlap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I saw a bike in a bike shop years ago that had a more subtle curve to the top tube and down tubes. It looked quite stylish I thought, until they told me that the curves were added ...post manufacture.

The rider had hit a car square on, those tubes took the entire brunt of the collision, apparently there was no obvious damage to any other parts of the bike. It turned a boring looking bike into something a lot "better", pity that it wasn't safely rideable any longer though!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'm disappointed. I was expecting to see broken bones and road rash! :(

(...and of course Beasty's pics!)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Was beasty in a crash ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Is this any consolation? :pac:
    1919530_175852922078_5861027_n.jpg?oh=82ca919a0903abc461e8a55677ac13c3&oe=58A67559

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Aysedasi

This is mine from Friday.
    Still feeling the effects now but a lucky escape injury-wise. The bike was not so lucky obviously.
    I'm waiting on an estimate for repair from a frame builder. Hopefully it will be sorted soon as its my commuter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

cython wrote: »
    Is this any consolation? :pac:
    1919530_175852922078_5861027_n.jpg?oh=82ca919a0903abc461e8a55677ac13c3&oe=58A67559

Apparently it's the armpit that's the window to the soul after all!

Oh, and "Ouch!"

What happened?[/quote

I was cycling home from work outbound along the Crumlin road. The traffic was a continuous line all the way to the children's hospital but i didn't notice a bus let a car coming the opposite way turn right across my path into a house. Didn't get a chance to brake so just ploughed into the rear door.
    Chest took the burnt so i was winded but just bruised and sore all over. Blessed really.
    It's a steel frame so should be fixable

Is the car driver going to cover the cost of repair? If so, I reckon you're justified in replacing the frame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Is the car driver going to cover the cost of repair? If so, I reckon you're justified in replacing the frame.

Interested to know this too. I've avoided many incidents like this by assuming the car might make that turn. My understanding is the car would be at fault due to the cyclist having right of way in the cycle lane.

Don't mean to derail the thread, just interested to know.

a colleague was involved in an incident which sounds very similar, and the insurance company of the motorist paid up.

I'm just waiting on a quote on how much the repair will cost to go back to the driver.
    But when i reported it to the guards they said I had right of way so shouldn't be an issue.

Just as an aside I had a new bike delivered that day waiting for me at home. Took the sheen off completely and it was left in the box for two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

2rhsrrr.jpg

A few years ago now but it still hurts (emotionally).

You might well say I had it coming, putting an ignorant bag like that on a classic frame ��

Just following up on earlier posts. The driver covered the cost of a new frame. It wasn't worth repairing so Brendan at Bicycle Design Centre provided a lovely Columbus Spirit frame which he painted for me and rebuilt. Delighted with it. I've actually ended up with a much better bike!
    (Black tape on toptube is just to cover up my name)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Thicas15

These photos makes me cry :(

Advertisement