Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

That's but naughty. A previous poster was banned for that carry on & rightly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Its a smashing group though, Carol K ftw!

:pac::D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Somehow managed to eat a mahoosive burger with patty, pulled pork and beef brisket slices. I finished it an hour ago, and still can't burp. Midleton Park Hotel. Might have been ok on its own, but I got the loaded nachos to start. Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

beertons wrote: »
    Somehow managed to eat a mahoosive burger with patty, pulled pork and beef brisket slices. I finished it an hour ago, and still can't burp. Midleton Park Hotel. Might have been ok on its own, but I got the loaded nachos to start. Ha.

A nice spot. I had the same dish last year when I stayed there. Its called a meat lovers something? Jaysus what were you thinking having a starter before it.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A nice spot. I had the same dish last year when I stayed there. Its called a meat lovers something? Jaysus what were you thinking having a starter before it.:D

It was part of the package. I passed on the dessert though. Baileys cheese cake would just have sat on the plate looking at me.

• Advertisement

It was part of the package. I passed on the dessert though. Baileys cheese cake would just have sat on the plate looking at me.

Get the pints into ya!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Get the pints into ya!

On 6 for the gallon. Going down easy now!

On 6 for the gallon. Going down easy now!

Stomach is well lined at this stage! Leave room for breakfast. It can be big.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Picture was stolen from Rate my Plate on Facebook.

Twitter!
    That's but naughty. A previous poster was banned for that carry on & rightly so.

You sound like fun.

I'm a bundle of joy.

Back on-topic...
    Had homemade pizza last night with prosciutto, mushrooms, onion, chilli & mozzarella. Beats anything shop-bought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭kam3qnwvebf4jh

A kinda Dahl thing. Onion Garlic cumin turmeric ginger spud carrot lentils split peas.
    Have been a low carber for a good few years now and just decided to stop and embrace the starch !

http://imgur.com/gallery/wZWzMD0
    wZWzMD0

• Registered Users Posts: 17,006 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

A kinda Dahl thing. Onion Garlic cumin turmeric ginger spud carrot lentils split peas.
    Have been a low carber for a good few years now and just decided to stop and embrace the starch !

http://imgur.com/gallery/wZWzMD0
    wZWzMD0
    Eating dahl without rice or chapatis is considered embracing carbs????
    Jesus wept!

Looks lovely, btw.

'Spice Box' chicken with peppers & onions, & oven chips. Nice & easy dinner for me to prepare for a change.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Eating dahl without rice or chapatis is considered embracing carbs????
    Jesus wept!
    (edit, just noticed the spud in it.... still)

Looks lovely, btw.

It does, and I'm terrible at making dahl.

Lentils are quite carby, enough to kick you out of ketosis anyway. I tried low carb for a week, but I just miss carby foods. And beer. And that ketosis flu was the worst ever. Would like to attempt it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

I am not very good at making soup, but I made a carrot, parsnip and coriander soup that turned out so nice I had it for lunch and dinner.

2qa7edg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Cauliflower wings

2npq8k.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

What are Cauliflower Wings?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    What are Cauliflower Wings?

Cauliflower florets coated in spices and Panko breadcrumbs and baked, then rebaked in Franks hot sauce. Served them with a garlic dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

anewme wrote: »
    Cauliflower florets coated in spices and Panko breadcrumbs and baked, then rebaked in Franks hot sauce. Served them with a garlic dip.

Oh ok. So veggie fritters then? Cool. They sound nice.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Oh ok. So veggie fritters then? Cool. They sound nice.

Yep yum!

• Advertisement

Pork belly with 5 spice, garlic, chilli, honey & soy - roasted low & slow. Served with coconut rice salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Aloo Lahori, Pahadi Mushrooms and Chapati

caZwU8U.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Shenshen wrote: »
    Aloo Lahori, Pahadi Mushrooms and Chapati

What type of coconut did you use in the aloo?
    I often struggle to understand the coconut they cite in recipes. Dessicated seems too grainy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    What type of coconut did you use in the aloo?
    I often struggle to understand the coconut they cite in recipes. Dessicated seems too grainy.

It's coconut milk powder, actually.
    Very similar to milk powder, and it seems to work as a thickener more than anything else in these recipes.

I can't believe that I've just Thanked two veggy posts, but Plenty's pie & Shenshen's schnitzel look amazing! Ye might convert me yet. ;)

Well hey, I can't believe I made that and posted it :P

In fairness, while I'm an anythingvore when it comes to food, I probably eat veggie two or three times a week anyway, by default- veggie pasta mainly.

With a few younger relations in their 20's proclaimed veggies, I can't help but get involved in making something good that they'll eat when they visit but besides all of that, if you're into your food, which i think we all are on this thread, then I just see it as expanding your repertoire of cooking skills and just pushing yourself a bit. I enjoyed the experience and they liked the food I served which I felt good about.

PS- I meant to say, a wonderful compliment THB- many thanks ;)

PPS-Shenshen- your schnitzel looked lovely too- well done. :)

anewme wrote: »

OK sorry now but that's not good enough for me- I want recipe please :P

They look lovely- well done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Quick dinner tonight. Cooked some Irish seaweed pasta and served it with a creamy nduja sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Cauliflower and chickpea tikka with homemade flatbreads. So good.

IMG-3830.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

if you're into your food, which i think we all are on this thread, then I just see it as expanding your repertoire of cooking skills and just pushing yourself a bit.
    Exactly! When I got together with Himself looking at his diet as a challenge and learning experience than a hindrance really helped and now, tbh, I find it hard to cook with meat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm under the weather at the moment so Mr. Dizzy is in charge of the kitchen. Tonight he cooked barbecued marinated chicken fillets with potato cubes and stir fried veg. It was delicious :)

fullsizeoutput-2a9.jpg

Advertisement