Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Flame grilled rib eyes, chips, pepper sauce and butter sauteed mushrooms/onions; a very frequent summer dish pushed out a little early as I did the annual deep clean on the BBQ today.

Taste usually gets better over the season as there's more animal fats on the heat deflectors which are nicely clean today, but still pretty good.

Also got a huge batch cook on as I realised I have basically nothing in the freezer except pizza bases. Proper Bolognese, chilli, lamb rogan josh and a chicken yoghurt curry all either cooked or part-way through now.

Got diced pork and diced beef to use in further batching tomorrow as well as whatever else I can dig out of the freezer - think there's lamb mince to make koftas with. And I've the ingredients for a few veg*n dishes also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Goan prawn & coconut curry. Not sure what/where Goan is but it sure is delicious! I added extra veg like sugar snap peas, swapped the potato for sweet potato and doubled the amount of prawns. Finished with lime juice to ‘brighten it up’ as they say on master chef. I had it with cauliflower rice and himself had basmati. Really tasty, packed with veg and prawns so healthy enough too and reasonably low calorie. Hopefully it will reheat well for lunch tomorrow.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2534661/goan-prawn-and-coconut-curry-with-cumin-rice

476320.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭trashcan

Goan is a province/region in India isn't it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Goan as of being from Goa in India.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Cooked a big pot of turkey chili last night, so had a bowl of that for dinner, with a portion of cauliflower rice.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I cheated with pizza. Used pastry. They loved it. Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

beertons wrote: »
    I cheated with pizza. Used pastry. They loved it. Ha!

What, puff pastry? Or shortcrust?

Shenshen wrote: »
    What, puff pastry? Or shortcrust?

I think puff. It's the one with the green coloured box, from Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I think puff. It's the one with the green coloured box, from Tesco.

Sounds kind of like flammkuchen!

Edit: weird - I thought flammkuchen was made on a sort of pastry base but apparently it's a bread dough too. I've only had frozen ones from lidl and the base on them seemed to be a very thin puff pastry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I wanted something comforting, but with loads of veg. So I made us a big pot of Minestrone

ol6ZvnJ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Had been looking forward to my slow cooker meal all day, which was bubbling away from early this morning.

Bolognese made with meatballs and minced steak.

Was a bit disappointed when I got home and realised someone had neglected to tell me that pasta of any kind had been used up last week (spaghetti, penne, all gone :mad:) so I improvised as best I could .

Meatballs and Bolognese with cous cous. They paired together extremely well.

IMG-20190401-172147.jpg

Vegetarian tonight with the better half.

Chana aloo masala (chickpea and potatoes curried) made from scratch by myself.

Pilau rice to serve with, didn't have any bread or poppadoms etc for the side, but sure who needs them anyway:D

Didn't miss meat one bit. Tasty as.

IMG-20190403-184212.jpg

Just had pulled pork wraps tonight with a load of green type veg, cucumber, scallions, pak choi, along with sweetcorn roasted in a griddle pan and sriracha sauce.

477051.jpeg

They look epic. ^^^^

Today was one of those, I don't want to have anything big. So I did a load of little things. Falafel, prawns pil-pil, garlic potatoes and meatloaf. Stuffed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Barbecued ribeyes and vegetable skewers with potato cubes from the Airfryer :)

Also barbequed rib eye!

giphy.gif

Roasted chicken thighs, tossed in hot sauce. Baked potato with barbecue beans and chopped chorizo.

IMG-20190408-182056.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I've been quite lazy and am doing Buddha bowl type things recently. Over 70g protein in this one. Roast garlic veg, roast smoked paprika chickpeas and tofu scramble with black salt/onion/garlic/pepper/turmeric. Had similar last night with Linda McCartney sausages.

3ib4sNgl.jpg

Speaking of Buddha Bowls, do you have any tried and tested recipes? Or a site with a list of good ones? It's something I'd like to do more of for lunches.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Speaking of Buddha Bowls, do you have any tried and tested recipes? Or a site with a list of good ones? It's something I'd like to do more of for lunches.

Here's a few that are nice:
    https://imgur.com/6dBP0iF
    http://i.imgur.com/xGhSxoY.gifv
    https://i.imgur.com/6dBP0iF.mp4

kp8Kp9Hl.jpg
    https://wellandfull.com/2016/02/the-vegan-buddha-bowl/

Fall-harvest-buddha-bowl-3.jpg
    https://choosingchia.com/fall-harvest-buddha-bowl/

It's easy to just take bits and pieces that you like from different recipes as it's just all slotting different things beside each other in a bowl.

Can make them as simple as you want:

QEyEpqY.jpg
    https://www.thehealthytoast.com/mediterranean-pesto-chickpea-bowl/

Excellent. Thanks

It's easy to just take bits and pieces that you like from different recipes as it's just all slotting different things beside each other in a bowl.
    Yeah exactly. I like the idea of just using up what's there. It's nice to get inspiration though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Beef in garlic and chilli. Some takeaways do it, but loads don't. I made my own, but cheated with a takeaway fried rice. It is awesome! Scotch bonnet chillis and chilli flakes make the difference in terms of heat.

Today was one of those, I don't want to have anything big. So I did a load of little things. Falafel, prawns pil-pil, garlic potatoes and meatloaf. Stuffed.

A bit like that myself last night.

Went with ribs, wings, spring rolls(out of shot), big bowl of egg fried rice and a boat of curry sauce.

IMG-20190414-120518.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Went with ribs, wings, spring rolls(out of shot), big bowl of egg fried rice and a boat of curry sauce.

Looks gorgeous! I'm a big fan of lots of little things instead on one big thing, I'd probably live on canapés if I was let :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Vegan tacos.

IMG-4080.jpg

Mushrooms, kidney beans, quinoa, spinach, "cheese", tomato, herbs and spices, all wrapped in corn tortillas and baked until crispy, served with lettuce, tomato, and smashed avocado. Much yumminess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

curry looks tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Am watching calories a bit at the moment so made a creamy garlic & mustard chicken dish which worked out at an impressive 265 calories. Recipe adapted from Pinch of Nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Sirloin steak, mash, mixed veg and pepper sauce, Steak done in the air fryer. Yes it works! Sauce in a sachet from Aldi.

• Advertisement

Was a bit lost on what to eat yesterday. Had some salmon, streamed it. Fried onions, mushrooms, peppers, garlic and chorizo. Had penne on the boil. Threw it all into a bowl. Mixed. Added bearnaise sauce. I thought it went with fish. I liked it anyway. Had the leftovers today. Tasted better.

Advertisement