Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shenshen wrote: »
    Cheesy beans (essentially re-fried style kidney beans bakes with herbs, spices and cheese), quesadilla filled with stir-fried vegetables and topped with sour cream and sriracha, and some nachos

**Drools**

In case it's not obvious from many of my home cooked meals, I'm a big fan of beans, that dish just looks amazing shen.

Brownie points for the veggie better half this weekend incoming. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Thought I posted this in the Aldi thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Presume the ones here are made with Irish beef?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

leahyl wrote: »
    Presume the ones here are made with Irish beef?

Yes they are with made with Irish beef

Salad consisting of rocket, and lettuce with a home made dressing, topped with shaved cucumber, tomatoes, scallions, beetroot, feta and walnuts and an egg.

Big lump of sirloin to go with it cooked medium.

IMG-20190506-182531.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A small repast of a moy park chicken kiev, half a banana and a handful of dark chocolate raisins

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I did burgers last night. Mrs B & the Kids like the burgers our butcher makes. I'm not a fan of them & usually go for a steak or a couple of chops.

Last night I really fancied a burger & said I'd make my own. The others weren't too impressed when I said it'd just be mince, pepper & salt. They changed their tune when I dished them up.

I made the patties extra thin (5mm), but added two to a bun. They were only gorgeous, & being just seasoned mince & nowt else, they tasted really meaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Spaghetti alla puttanesca. Lots of spice, tomatoes, oil, anchovies, olives, capers and a lot of garlic

k1b9m8.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Slices of belly pork slow roasted then finished on the barbecue, with potato salad and steamed greens.

Had another batch of beef stew from dizzy blondes slow cooker recipe.

IMG-20190512-215938.jpg

Yes, that's a wok I cook it in, but I find that the wok is the perfect thing to brown the meat (which I do in batches then followed by the veg/stock etc before returning the meat to the wok) , and then hold all the ingredients before transferring to the slow cooker.

Mine is made with steak pieces and mince, and it was so so good.

• Advertisement

Spiced chicken portions with Tarka Dhal and pilau rice.

IMG-20190514-180310.jpg

With mint yoghurt added.

IMG-20190514-181949.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I had a burger for dinner tonight, the best ever burger according to M&S, and tbf they’re not wrong. Beef and bone marrow. Incredible flavour and so juicy.

Had it with Italian lettuce, strong cheddar cheese, sliced tomato, fried onions, and my new favourite sauce, mayonnaise mixed with sriracha, all on a brioche bun. I’d easily would’ve eaten two!

480279.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

That burger thread is getting us all in the mood....

Double cheeseburger with Wedges, BBQ’d Corn Cobs, Roasted Chickpea, Cucumber and Feta Salad with Coleslaw

DD6157-AF-BBBB-4569-B986-476-D6338-CFB4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Had been craving lasagna, craving satisfied!

aw55bk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Oh wow that lasagne looks amazing! Any special recipe you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh wow that lasagne looks amazing! Any special recipe you use?

Thanks! No nothing really, I watched a Matty Matheson recipe for his lasagna and as nice as it was it's way too heavy and greasy, even for a lasagna. But he did use some milk, and egg yolks in the sauce which I did here. The white sauce is dolmios cos when I make it from scratch it seems to disappear when it's cooked in the oven haha

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

ekjmop.jpg

Greens with bacon, shallots, garlic and toasted almonds

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Today I had no idea what to cook, so used todays Irish Times recipe:

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/recipes/yotam-ottolenghi-s-one-pan-pasta-with-harissa-bolognese-1.3875242

But in a casserole not the suggested giant baking tray which seriously affected the reduction - was way too wet. Ladelled off a load of the moisture and reduced it in a pan on the hob before reintroducing to the casserole to fix that.

Its quite nice, nothing you've not had before but that's the point of it really. That said the claim of reducing the washing up is questionable as it leaves three parts from the food processor (bowl, blade, lid) to do even if you do have a suitable baking tray to avoid using a pot.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

wdOQS70r.jpg

pearl couscous, brocolli, baby corn, mushrooms sun-dried tomatoes, capers, chickpeas, kidney beans, garlic, turmeric, ginger, smoked paprika.
    Simple, healthy, delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thursday night was a packet of M&S aromatic prawn laksa, which I bulked out with additional veg and Konjac noodles & coriander. Quite nice and light.

Last night was a quick and easy bowl of rigatoni, mixed through with a sauce of sun dried tomatoes, anchovies, onions & garlic. A little finely grated Parmesan on top to finish off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Some marbling on this, hopefully it tastes as nice(Aldi Ribeye) find British beef nowhere near as good as Irish. Served with some new jersey royals and purple broccoli

ace8e114-b17e-4b11-93bb-3e39d5b8ca5b.jpg

‘Fish ‘n’ Chips’ with Mushy Peas and Tartar Sauce

8-CEF6-D3-B-7-F15-4-B5-D-8978-CEDBD2072-BA7.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

This is actually my breakfast now, but it's a dinner really! Naturli vegan mince from Dunnes (so good), asparagus, mushroom pasta sauce with a lot of extra mushrooms, babycorns, wholewheat pasta. Takes just a few minutes, would have added some red wine if I remembered my half empty bottle! As it is it's healthier though :D

7UF8ls1l.jpg

MvSCcQVr.jpg

Simple! Roast potatoes and roast brocolli with a no bull burger, nutritional yeast and French onion gravy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

An elegant small repast, swiftly prepared for someone who cannot be on her feet for long..

Fresh garden greens, gently simmered with thick slices off a bacon joint ( what we in the UK call gammon) and a half packet of instant noodles added .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Chicken and mushrooms in a creamy tomato sauce with pasta. I steamed the broccoli then forgot to stir it in :rolleyes:

IMG-6355.jpg

Had an amazing dinner yesterday in Damascus Gate on Camden Street.

Vegetarian mezza to share (falafels, feta, stuffed vine leaves, hummus and salad with pita) to start

Kabseh lamb, spiced lamb on a bed of rice with a portion of spicy sauce to go with it.

Some Syrian fries on the table to share, and pita bread for dipping.

I also had a bottle of Lebanese beer called Beirut with the main.

All in all, extremely tasty no photos though.

^ What’s the difference between Irish Fries and Syrian Fries?

They would have a spice mix on them for flavour.

• Advertisement

^ What’s the difference between Irish Fries and Syrian Fries?

They were cubed for starters, and dusted with a spice of some sort, not unlike Patatas bravas.

Advertisement