Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I think loin of bacon with a nice glaze can be nicer than ham :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Salmon, cajun flavoured from Aldi, terribly cooked purple brocoli, with badly cooked lemon and dill rice, alongside ridiculously over garliced sour cream and jalapeños.

IMG-20200901-005611.jpg

It was so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Simplicity.. cauliflower. noodles and grated cheese.. Today will be mostly a repeat but with eggs, and lettuce from the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Sausages, new potatoes, fried onions and peas!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Roast beef, braised cabbage and roasted new potatoes.

20200902-184932.jpg

• Advertisement

Creamy, cheesy, peppery carbonara - no cream used though ;)

20200904-184416.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Blub123

Steak tacos

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Pan fried striploins, cooked medium, removed from pan to rest, then fried mushrooms, onion and cherry tomatoes in the steak juices.

Garlic potatoes done in the oven, and peppercorn sauce.

IMG-20200905-174719.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

My partner made a mistake in "beef dishes with names of English toffs and/or places named after English toffs" and accidentally said Salisbury Steak when he meant Beef Wellington.

I got the eye of round to do a cheapo-Wellington (wellie?) tomorrow but did the Salisbury Steak tonight

Will do again - with more concentrated beef stock and gravy to reduce how long it takes to simmer down; and some more herbs/spices to the meat. Texture is actually really quite nice from just searing the outside at high temperature and then cooking off in the onion/mushroom sauce.

I also bought some pre-made boxty to slice and pan-fry rather than doing spuds myself because, well, we don't usually eat them so there's none in the house!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Had the in laws over.

Made spinach and goats cheese tart to start, followed by chicken roasted with sage and cocktail sausages, broccoli, roasted squash and buttery mash with gravy. Desert was apple tart with custard and cream. A bottle of French white and a few coffees after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Vegetarian Sunday Roast - Nut Roast, Roasties, Green Beans with Tomato, Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Broccoli with Tomato Sauce Gravy.

A9-C58-A44-B56-B-45-D9-8-F5-B-EDACC2733900.jpg

And the veggie couldn’t make it in the end. :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Slow Cooker Roast Chicken with Garlic, Rosemary and Thyme Roast Potatoes

There were also carrots and peas.. but who wants to see them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭ellejay

conor_ie wrote: »
    Slow Cooker Roast Chicken with Garlic, Rosemary and Thyme Roast Potatoes

There were also carrots and peas.. but who wants to see them!

That looks gorgeous!
    How did you get the chicken to brown.
    I'm guessing you cooked the roasties in the oven?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Fake pizzas.
    Essentially, it's a ciabatta sliced open, topped with mushrooms, olives, peppers, onions and jalapenos in tomato sauce, topped with cheese and baked.

lkzybAC.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

ellejay wrote: »
    That looks gorgeous!
    How did you get the chicken to brown.
    I'm guessing you cooked the roasties in the oven?

After 5 hours in the slow cooker, I covered the chicken with olive oil spray and then it went into the oven for about 15 mins then had a half hour to rest while the roasties finished!

A chickpea and sweet potato curry, aloo gobi, rice and chapatis

HH2zvan.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Chicken noodle soup type thing.

Garlic, ginger, lemongrass, red onion, stock, lime, soy sauce, star anise, gochujang, prawns, shredded chicken, coriander, radish, black seseme, noodles.

IMG-20200706-202206.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

The Nal wrote: »
    Chicken noodle soup type thing.

Garlic, ginger, lemongrass, red onion, stock, lime, soy sauce, star anise, gochujang, prawns, shredded chicken, coriander, radish, black seseme, noodles.

Do you have a recipe link for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Do you have a recipe link for this?

Its a variation of this

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/food/20160128_King_Prawn_Noodle__and_Lemongrass_Broth.html

I don't add the noodles to the soup. Cook them separately and put in the bowl first. Pour the cooked soup over.

I add 2 x star anise, juice of 1 lime, teaspoon and a half of gochujang. Also less stock than the recipe. 1 x stock cube per litre instead of 1 cube per 500ml.

Add in the prawns (about 4 king prawns PP) towards the end, then the soy, lime juice, coriander and a pinch of salt with the shredded chicken. Top with seseme seeds, coriander, radish, scallions.

Also I put the soup on a heavy simmer for 30 minutes minimum before I add the prawns etc. Longer the better. Top it up with a little boiling water if too much boils away. Recipe says cook for 5 mins above which is far too short. You'll just end up with gently flavoured stock.

Good Monday soup that uses up leftover Sunday roast chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

The Nal wrote: »
    Its a variation of this

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/food/20160128_King_Prawn_Noodle__and_Lemongrass_Broth.html

I don't add the noodles to the soup. Cook them separately and put in the bowl first. Pour the cooked soup over.

I add 2 x star anise, juice of 1 lime, teaspoon and a half of gochujang. Also less stock than the recipe. 1 x stock cube per litre instead of 1 cube per 500ml.

Add in the prawns towards the end, then the soy, lime juice, coriander and a pinch of salt with the shredded chicken. Top with seseme seeds, coriander, radish, scallions.

Good Monday soup that uses up leftover Sunday roast chicken.

Cheers dude - looks savage

• Advertisement

We had pizzas tonight. I used Dan Lepard's beer dough recipe for the first time in ages - I'd forgotten how light it is.

20200909-185352.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

That Indian food looks divine! I haven't had Indian in a long time. It looks super healthy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Turkey and Feta Cheese Burger with Crispy Bacon and Plastic Cheese.

B75-A5269-1-AC9-4291-9517-54-CB03-CB88-EC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

We had breaded Turkey steaks with a baked spud, salad and corn.

Very tasty it was.

IMG-20200913-200342.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Rib eye steak sambo with crispy onions, mushrooms and chips.

526242.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Veggie loaded flatbreads. Naan covered in hummus with roasted/grilled veg on top with some feta.

Y2vI74G.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

w3BxJo7l.jpg

I made a vegan tiramisu, and yes I had it for dinner :pac:

7YPaxMsl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Roald Dahl

We've had this quite a few times recently as a starter.

It's made of chopped avocado, chopped prawn, lime juice, coriander, flecks of red chilli, raw minced garlic and passion fruit without the seeds.

It all gets mixed together and left in the fridge for a couple of hours.

There are a couple of mini peppers on top, which Lidl had as part of their Christmas range. Hopefully they have them again this year!

Avocado-and-Prawn-Starter.jpg

The weather is closing in a bit, so yesterday was time for comfort food. I made a bean stew with potatoes and carrots, loads of paprika, chili and carraway... well, really it was a goulash, but I'm not allowed to call it that because my husband finds that word disgusting.
    Topped with a bit of yoghurt to balance the heat

lyqvq52.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Roald Dahl wrote: »
    We've had this quite a few times recently as a starter.

If you are using them, where did you get the ring molds? Been looking casually for a while...

Advertisement