Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That looks fab, I've bookmarked it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Roasted a whole chicken, so carved it up between us and had it with potatoes both mashed and roasted, carrots and gravy. Dad of course got a breast and both oysters!

Wasn't a scrap left.

IMG-20201021-172718.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Can't bate a roast chicken dinner.

Last week I made chilli and froze half the batch. Had the other half tonight with wraps, sour cream, scallions, cheese and jalapenos.

We had salmon tonight, with a honey mustard butter sauce. Roasted some asparagus and sugar snap peas in the pan along with the salmon. A dish of garlicky dauphinoise on the side. No photos, we were too busy licking the plates. The two year old declared everything to be "disgusting". :pac:

Had a couple of sirloins that were too thin (imo) to be fried in the pan to be eaten with spuds and mushrooms etc so I sliced them up and made a beef curry with onion and chickpeas with them (added protein) served with pilau rice.

IMG-20201022-194738.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I made the Indian curry that Bazmo made a few days ago, from the Instagram recipe. It was really good :)

20201022-192928.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

McMurphy yesterday's dinner hadn't near enough gravy on it. I hope that was just for presentation purposes & you had the gravy boat on hand to drown that plate afterwards??

McMurphy yesterday's dinner hadn't near enough gravy on it. I hope that was just for presentation purposes & you had the gravy boat on hand to drown that plate afterwards??

What that photo doesn't show very clearly is the "reservoir" those mashed spuds were moulded into to hold the near hallf pint of gravy they were containing. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

^ now I can sleep tonight:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

We had some rice leftover from a satay I made the day before. When I asked Mr Shen what he'd want with that, he said "Why don't you make us that Mexican rice?"

I had absolutely no idea what Mexican rice he was talking about, but I figured I could wing it.
    I fried up some peppers, quorn pieces and onions, spiced with cumin, chili, paprika and smoked paprika, added half a tin of tomatoes, some kidney beans and sweetcorn. Bit of lime juice to round it off, and stirred the rice through.
    Guacamole and some yoghurt on the side, it was very tasty and packed a much bigger punch than the picture would lead you to believe.

2XrwQkF.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

I did a huge batch cook yesterday.. veggie cottage pie, veggie lasagne and chicken curry and rice!

Enough for 16 dinners! Most of it now in the freezer!

Home made Big Mac and chips. :) Couldn't finish it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Pass it over......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Probably because it's about the weight of 2 big macs, I'd say!

Probably because it's about the weight of 2 big macs, I'd say!

The patties were 90g each, so 180g of meat. A bit much all right!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Stir Fry beef and veg, One of my better tasting efforts !
    Stir-Fry.jpg

Nearly there!

Roasted loin of bacon with a honey mustard glaze. Roasted baby potatoes and baked squash with garlic, and sugar snap peas.

The whole thing was a bit disappointing tbh! The bacon was too fatty and rather tasteless, the glaze came with it and wasn't half as good as home made, and the squash wasn't sweet. Ah well. Can't win 'em all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Chipotle spiced lamb chops on a bed of lentils, onion, spinach and cherry tomatoes.
    Lentils could have done with a few more mins

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Chipotle spiced lamb chops on a bed of lentils, onion, spinach and cherry tomatoes.
    Lentils could have done with a few more mins

We had chump lamb chops on green lentils the other night. Lamb and lentils go so well together for some reason.

• Advertisement

We had chump lamb chops on green lentils the other night. Lamb and lentils go so well together for some reason.

One of my favourite meals is lamb sausages with lentils.

Completely vegetarian this evening, we had lentil Dahl with pilau rice garnished with corriander and fresh lime juice, and some naan for mopping it up, obligatory poppadoms and mango chutney on the side.

I made the dahl from scratch and it was feckin delicious even if I do say so myself.

IMG-20201026-175339.jpg

We had shop bought pizza. It was crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭50HX

Went to the bother of making shepards pie with lamb shanks(2+hrs) and proper mash ( butter+cream)

It was soooooo good....even the 4 yr old commented on it, the baby would eat anything

Used donal shekabs recipe but added a tin if chopped tomato

50HX wrote: »
    Went to the bother of making shepards pie with lamb shanks(2+hrs) and proper mash ( butter+cream)

It was soooooo good....even the 4 yr old commented on it, the baby would eat anything

Used donal shekabs recipe but added a tin if chopped tomato

Apparently butchers up and down the country are sold out of lamb shanks after this recipe was broadcast the other night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

conor_ie wrote: »
    Nearly there!

Please tell me that's butcher's twine and not an elastic band I see :D

Cork Boy wrote: »
    Please tell me that's butcher's twine and not an elastic band I see :D

Definitely butchers twine!

Didn't take photos, but I made amazing meatballs last night for this evening's dinner, they were in a "dirty gravy" they were delicious.

Sister text me the recipe.

500g of pork mince, 500g of beef mince, grate a medium sized spud into this and mixed well, formed into golfball sized balls.(leave a few aside for gravy) Put them in a casserole dish with salt and pepper and a splash of olive oil and stick in oven for 20mins, while the gravy is being made.

For the gravy, finely dice a redonion, and fry it in a pan until softened, then throw in a couple of the meatballs left aside and break them up and cook through, throw in a tbs of flour, stir everything well, when it starts to stick to the pan, throw in half a can of Guinness or any other dark beer.

Throw in tbs each of ketchup, brown sauce and Worcester, and a teaspoon of English mustard, and stir it well, then pour In a litre of beef stock.

Stir it well and let it thicken up in the pan.

Once the meatballs are cooked through, pour the gravy over the top of them, sprinkle with cheese and back in the oven or else over the hob.

We had ours with nice bread rolls to mop up the gravy, but next time I'll do them, I'll make mashed spuds to go with them.

They were a big hit. :)

We had home made pizzas tonight.

20201027-211922.jpg

• Advertisement

This thread is driving me mad. It says Dizzy was the last poster but it won't show me her post!

Advertisement