Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

This thread is driving me mad. It says Dizzy was the last poster but it won't show me her post!

The hamsters must have heard me because now that I've posted on the thread, her pizza post has appeared :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Maybe it's Halloween related - I'm haunting the thread :pac:

Inspired by everyone else having them on the meal planning thread, we had chicken fajitas tonight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Baked potato loaded with chilli con carne, cheese, sour cream and scallions. Nom nom.

hsuvOOk.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had Guy Sinnott's Instagram baked ziti tonight. It was delicious :)

972697a1-9648-4d82-9159-b47336f9d25b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

The goose fillets from Sunday. From Lidl, 4.99 a pop, I think? Maybe 5.99. Well worth it, recommend giving them a go.

Some would render more fat out of the skin (most would I think) but I happen to prefer it that way because I'm a fat b*stard.

Jt9xDoy.jpg
    3hzi2Om.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Baked potato loaded with chilli con carne, cheese, sour cream and scallions. Nom nom.

I had a variation of that today. Taco chips. It was soo nice .Even the kids said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Stirfried chicken with garlic, onion, ginger, chilli's and some mixed veg (star of the show was the water chestnuts imo) done with egg noodles, honey and soy and Thai Seven Spice.

IMG-20201029-182036.jpg

Chicken and chorizo with roasted red peppers, tomatoes and pesto, with pasta.

Marinated chicken fillets cooked on the barbecue with roasted peppers and courgette, and roasted crushed baby potatoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,201 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Attempted tapas for the first time this evening

Patatas Bravas
    Chorizo and onion in a red wine sauce
    Steak with roasted peppers
    Garlic mushrooms

And some fried Manchego cheese to finish it off.

Went down very well. The kids weren't a fan of the mushrooms but that was to be expected.

Cottage pie tonight. Delicious.

Spicy chicken wings and proper home made chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

MiliMe’s Vietnamese pork mince with a Peanut Salad, Rice and Prawn Crackers

AE8-C86-C4-57-EC-4-B1-A-ACC6-B5604717-C6-E0.jpg

IMG-20201101-180203200.jpg

Not a very pretty picture but very tasty. Sauteed potatoes, fried onions and mushrooms, half of a ribeye steak. The two year old ate the other half with a litre of ketchup. :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Planning to make a variation of this tomorrow:

Andouille Sausage with Red Beans and Rice

https://www.maebells.com/andouille-sausage-and-red-beans-over-rice/

In replace of the Andouille sausage, I am going to use Kobanossi. I had wanted the thick garlic sausage, but none in Lidl.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

MiliMe’s Vietnamese pork mince with a Peanut Salad, Rice and Prawn Crackers
    I need the recipe for that salad :o

s1ippy wrote: »
    I need the recipe for that salad :o

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭50HX

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Planning to make a variation of this tomorrow:

Andouille Sausage with Red Beans and Rice

https://www.maebells.com/andouille-sausage-and-red-beans-over-rice/

In replace of the Andouille sausage, I am going to use Kobanossi. I had wanted the thick garlic sausage, but none in Lidl.

If you are anywhere near a polish shop get Kielbasa instead, thicker sausage

50HX wrote: »
    If you are anywhere near a polish shop get Kielbasa instead, thicker sausage

There used to be loads of Polish shops in Cork, but now i don't know of any :(

One thing that puts me off precooked Polish sausage like Kielbasa is that the skin is really hard and chewy.

I hope cooking it in the stew will soften it.

• Advertisement

We had the Cooking Club's kebabs tonight, they were amazing as always. One of us had chicken kebabs - and we didn't forget the wraps, they're staying warm in the bread bag :)

Whats-App-Image-2020-11-01-at-20-57-19.jpg

Looks amazing!

Can I ask what is the red looking slaw?

About to make a mozzarella and chill toast to go with a Lidl Vietnamese hot and sour soup. So lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

There used to be loads of Polish shops in Cork, but now i don't know of any :(

One thing that puts me off precooked Polish sausage like Kielbasa is that the skin is really hard and chewy.

I hope cooking it in the stew will soften it.

There are still some Polish shops in Cork. One would be in Paul St shopping centre, right at the back past Tescos. It's a bit on the small side, though.
    My favourite 2 are the Polonez near Kinsale Rd Roundabout, and a place called Moldova round the back of Blackpool shopping centre.

Looks amazing!

Can I ask what is the red looking slaw?

About to make a mozzarella and chill toast to go with a Lidl Vietnamese hot and sour soup. So lazy.

It's cabbage, carrot and red onion dressed with the red sauce in the doner kebab recipe. It's basically ketchup, water, mint sauce and chilli powder with lemon juice added for the slaw.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057395904

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Shenshen wrote: »
    There are still some Polish shops in Cork. One would be in Paul St shopping centre, right at the back past Tescos. It's a bit on the small side, though.
    My favourite 2 are the Polonez near Kinsale Rd Roundabout, and a place called Moldova round the back of Blackpool shopping centre.

Also Pewex on Leitrim Street - One of the bigger and better Polish shops around, IMO.

Shenshen wrote: »

Also Pewex on Leitrim Street - One of the bigger and better Polish shops around, IMO.

Thanks both!

Is the Lithuanian shop off South Mall still open?
    They used to do good chunks of smoked ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Late night feed, lamb steak from lidl on brioche, potato carrot sriracha and a couple glasses of gin to help it down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Curry! With aubergine, red & yellow peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, onion & some leftover lamb shank.
    So good I licked the bowl :D

Roasted my Halloween pumpkins last night & made two batches of soup, one a pumpkin, apple & chilli & the other was pumpkin, coconut & curry, which was a bit off the cuff as I had some leftover curry sauce from dinner. The coconut & curry one wins hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Where is that on the street do you mind me asking? Is it near coburg st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Where is that on the street do you mind me asking? Is it near coburg st

It's tucked in by the eh, "gentleman's" club, formerly The Brewery Tap.

Advertisement