Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Baked Vegetable and Feta Frittata with a Salad.

7-E360-A0-B-1374-4293-8-DF4-154-BE4-BA48-AA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I know they say self praise is no praise, but I don't care, I'm giving myself 5/5 for this one, I didn't have high hopes at all, but this is definitely getting added to my weekly menu, the kids are still ranting about it.

Italian style fish pie.

Just out of the oven here.

IMG-20201102-181443.jpg

It's basically fairly close to a standard fish pie, but the filling is more tomatoes and herbs (and fish obviously:D) with lemon zest/juice and parsley and basil.

Excuse the next photo, plates a bit of a mess as this was my "seconds".

Delicious.

IMG-20201102-182848.jpg

^ Maybe we should introduce a scoring system for all our postings on here? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Spuds, celery and lamb
    With a tzatiki or tzatakiki side
    Heres a snap

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Pasta bake using a variation of Milano's pesto pollo pasta recipe. I also had some pizza dough left over from the other night, so made a little garlic bread for the side.

It was pretty damn tasty if I do say so myself!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Spuds, celery and lamb
    With a tzatiki or tzatakiki side
    Heres a snap

Why do I feel like I've seen that before?

I went high brow tonight and had a toasted ham and cheese sandwich. :P

Tonights 4in1 made at home with sriracha tofu

Why do I feel like I've seen that before?

I went high brow tonight and had a toasted ham and cheese sandwich. :P

It was my food from a previous day, posted it on a different thread
    With red cheddar or?
    Hope the inside of bread was buttered to, otherwise its just too oily

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I made something I know from back home as "wedding day soup".
    Essentially, it's a cheesy chowder with mushrooms, leeks , white wine, cream and, in this case, chopped up Quorn sausages.

6apLvBD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Shenshen wrote: »
    I made something I know from back home as "wedding day soup".
    Essentially, it's a cheesy chowder with mushrooms, leeks , white wine, cream and, in this case, chopped up Quorn sausages.

I only know Hochzeitssuppe as a clear broth with noodles, steamed egg bits, bone marrow dumplings and a bit of carrot! I've never had one with any of the ingredients you listed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Creamy garlic,.chilli and tomato sauce linguine with prawns.

Never made it before, but it was savage.

IMG-20201103-174852.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Chicken katsu/satay mix. Air fryer, so reasonably healthy. The portion control ... not so much.

jofRT50.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Meatloaf with pasta. Firm favorite with the kids. 4.5 out of 5 :p It's from a Jamie Oliver recipe.

Used beef instead of pork. It's the feta in the meatloaf that really makes it.

531640.jpg

Tonight we had a yummy aromatic roast chicken with loads of herbs from the garden, with roasted carrots with garlic, asparagus, roast potatoes and gravy. No picture because we were too busy savaging it.

There's a stock simmering away now from the carcass and some herbs and a few root veg.

Tomorrow that will become the base for a Japanese style chicken noodle soup with lots of ginger, chilli and greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Space Dog wrote: »
    I only know Hochzeitssuppe as a clear broth with noodles, steamed egg bits, bone marrow dumplings and a bit of carrot! I've never had one with any of the ingredients you listed!

I know the one you mention as Markknödelsuppe. Maybe my mother and grandmother lied to me about the names! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Homemade meatballs with creamy mash and ikea style sauce. Much nicer than the picture!

Meatballs - two slices of bread cubes placed in bowl for 20 mins with shredded onion. Mix in 300g of pork mince and 300g of beef mince and one egg. Season. Form meatballs and fry till done.

Sauce - remove meatballs from pan. Melt 50g of butter with juices in pan. Mix in three tbsp of flour and 500ml of knorr beef stock pot. Put meatballs back in sauce and reduce for 8-10 mins. Put 100ml of double cream in sauce and reduce for 2-5 mins depending on preference.

Mash done with butter and some of the leftover double cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,201 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

PARlance wrote: »
    Not sure it counts but just had a quick late night spaghetti aglio e olio... hit the spot, but herself probably wont thank me!

Has been years since I made it and trying to figure out why!

This has become a bit of a go to lately... ready in 10 mins and very tasty for such a simple dish.

I left my chicken stock to work its magic on low in the slow cooker overnight, then let it simmer this evening for an hour before dinner. The depth of flavour was great. Couldn't get fresh chillies on time, so the broth was flavoured with just salt, a good pinch of sugar, and lots of sliced garlic and ginger. I added sliced leeks, leftover chicken and ramen noodles. Topped with chopped scallions and home pickled cucumbers. Used a chilli flakes grinder at the table for a bit of heat. Twas nice. The small fella picked out a few noodles just.

IMG-20201104-173321052.jpg

Billed simply as Vegetarian Wraps, this was different to our usual wraps but very tasty. Used shop-bought wraps instead of making them.

4-A95758-A-1-C72-46-A2-981-C-4-A0912-E4-FC3-E.jpg

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/vegetarian-wrap-four-ways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Billed simply as Vegetarian Wraps, this was different to our usual wraps but very tasty. Used shop-bought wraps instead of making them.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/vegetarian-wrap-four-ways

Gloom... where did ya get them wraps from?

• Advertisement

Gloom... where did ya get them wraps from?

Nolans in Clontarf. They're made by a company called Safa Food in Tallaght. www.safafood.com see if anyone's stocking them near you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Dunnes sell them too under their own brand. They're exactly the same, I'm convinced Safa Foods make them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dunnes sell them too under their own brand. They're exactly the same, I'm convinced Safa Foods make them.
    they do, safa confirmed this. I was posting about it in another thread a month or so ago. They had safa branded ones (well something like east-west as the main brand but safa on the address) in tesco a few months ago too but they vanished. Great wraps, they did not break up when rolled up.

I think they did aldi ones too.

found the recent post https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114753220&postcount=26

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

I use dunnes ones all the time, in gloomtastic photo they look double the size, nicest shop bought wraps around.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Caramelised pork bowls.

OMG so tasty! Delighted with how it turned out. Will definitely make this again. Thank you to whoever originally shared the recipe here! Here it is again for anyone who missed it:
    https://www.recipetineats.com/vietnamese-caramelised-pork-bowls/

I served it with a side of broccoli with an Asian dressing (soy sauce, honey, seasame oil and seasame seeds). It worked really well with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

I honestly thought that said caramelised pork bowels.... i have had a lot of wine...

I had 750g of sausage meat and 450g of minced beef so I made a meatloaf and a batch of meatballs.

Basic recipe was egg, minced onions, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and garlic granules.

The meatloaf got worcestershire sauce and ketchup added to the mix, and I made a glaze of brown sugar, mustard, ketchup and cider vinegar for the top.

Meatball batch got added fennel seeds and thyme.

We ate the meatloaf with peas, corn, and a baked potato with sour cream and scallions. It was great.

I cooked the meatballs but put them in the fridge to go into a pasta bake in a couple of days.

Nachos tonight. The avocados were perfectly ripe for once so the guacamole was delish.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Inspired by Shenshen's recent veggie cottage pie I made one tonight. It was really nice, we didn't miss the meat at all. I had a cauliflower that needed to be used so that's what we had with it :)

20201106-194103.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Nachos tonight. The avocados were perfectly ripe for once so the guacamole was delish.

All the avocados in every shop seem to be amazingly ripe at the moment! Soo good!

Advertisement