Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I've got a courgette and tomato gratin in the oven with lots of mozzarella and parmesan. We'll eat it with spaghetti.

However I've a goo on me for chipper chips and a batter burger. It shall have to wait!

I've got a courgette and tomato gratin in the oven with lots of mozzarella and parmesan. We'll eat it with spaghetti.

However I've a goo on me for chipper chips and a batter burger. It shall have to wait!

IMG-20201111-175214546.jpg

IMG-20201111-175259049.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Pork chop, spinach mustard mash, gravy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I had a snackbox and curry sauce.

I was feeling very gourmet tonight

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had lemony, garlicky roast chicken with lots of home made chips. No veg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭snowgal

I think chicken and chips is in my top 3 fav dinners!

Half a leg of lamb, roasted medium with lots of garlic and rosemary from the garden. I roasted some par boiled new potatoes in the lamb drippings and then did that trick of crushing them slightly half way through. The lamb was lovely but the potatoes were *out of this world*. Gravy, carrots and broccoli to accompany. No photo because it took half an hour longer than I planned and I was rushing!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Going to make a mushroom, spinach, feta, creme fraiche type combo to go with rigatoni.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Going to make a mushroom, spinach, feta, creme fraiche type combo to go with rigatoni.

Omitted the spinach in the end. Added hazelnuts instead. Only had dried sage.

IMG-20201112-234904.jpg

I had a glass of red wine with this, and for something made with no recipe, it was really delicious.

Chipper! Batter burger, chips, onion rings and loads of salt and vinegar. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Look what just popped out of the oven.

Brioche-11-2020-2.jpg

Brioche, following Michel Roux's recipe. Next time I'm deleting the egg whites, the 'dough' (more like icing) was an absolute bear. I'll probably double the sugar and add another 1/4 tsp of salt. Awesome tasting as is, nonetheless.

Sorry about the crumbs, one of the hatchlings was ripped apart and devoured by savages.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Look what just popped out of the oven.

Brioche-11-2020-2.jpg

Brioche, following Michel Roux's recipe. Next time I'm deleting the egg whites, the 'dough' (more like icing) was an absolute bear. I'll probably double the sugar and add another 1/4 tsp of salt. Awesome tasting as is, nonetheless.

Sorry about the crumbs, one of the hatchlings was ripped apart and devoured by savages.

That looks absolutely amazing! You should check out the baking thread for like minded souls. :)

Speaking of high skilled cooking, we're having frozen pizza tonight. CBA!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

That looks absolutely amazing! You should check out the baking thread for like minded souls. :)

Thank you. Tastes as good as it looks. I think I could have got a prettier result if the dough had been workable. I wasn't aware of that thread, I'll have a look. I do pizza too, making the tomato sauce and dough base from scratch, of course.

Of course! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It took me a moment but I figured it out :pac:

We're having chipper tonight - CBA!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Weekend of one-pot dishes so far. Vegetarian curry and sausage and bean cassoulet.

xTYED4o.jpg
    YDx2LaM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

It took me a moment but I figured it out :pac:

We're having chipper tonight - CBA!

My kids have been going on about CBA’s all bloody week and now it’s here! :eek:

(Classroom Based Assessment) What’s yours mean? ;)

My kids have been going on about CBA’s all bloody week and now it’s here! :eek:

(Classroom Based Assessment) What’s yours mean? ;)

Er, same! ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Space Dog wrote: »
    I only know Hochzeitssuppe as a clear broth with noodles, steamed egg bits, bone marrow dumplings and a bit of carrot! I've never had one with any of the ingredients you listed!

We call that one 'weinachtssuppe' :pac:

Having leftover roast lamb and gravy tonight, with fresh roast potatoes, and carrots and leeks roasted with a little butter and honey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 diaper dude

Well done on that B0jangles, looks very tasty. I find mushrooms (such as porcinis) give a really meaty flavour to recipes and they also play nicely with lentils.

That aside I made a delicious vegetarian chilli sin carne today including marmite and dark chocolate and black beans. The meat eaters in my house, who had been quite sceptical beforehand, absolute gluttoned out and are sitting on the sofa watching the TV now, fairly contended and quiet out (I'd say there'll be some serious bowel movements on the pot in the morning though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I made lamb curry in the slowcooker the other day.I had 2 portions left so i froze them.

Im looking forward to having it during the week.

We had roast beef today gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I made pies with a brisket filling that was cooked overnight in the instant pot on slow cooker setting.

Brisket was done in a gravy with carrot onions and peas.

Shortcrust pastry at the bottom of the pie dish, and a good few spoons of filing.

IMG-20201115-135257.jpg

Puff pastry on the top. Fold shortcrust and puff pastry in on itself together to make a seal.

Made enough for four dishes.

IMG-20201115-141258.jpg

End result.

IMG-20201115-164653.jpg

Had it with skin on mashed spuds (instant pot again) and steamed broccoli with garlic butter, and brown sauce obviously.

IMG-20201115-165622.jpg

Rib eye steak with colcannon. And tons of butter.

20201115-191336.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Confit duck leg with garlic and spices, honey roasted carrots, roast potatoes and tenderstem broccoli. And some erin gravy on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

McMurphy wrote: »
    I made pies with a brisket filling that was cooked overnight in the instant pot on slow cooker setting.

Brisket was done in a gravy with carrot onions and peas.

Shortcrust pastry at the bottom of the pie dish, and a good few spoons of filing.

Puff pastry on the top. Fold shortcrust and puff pastry in on itself together to make a seal.

Made enough for four dishes.

Had it with skin on mashed spuds (instant pot again) and steamed broccoli with garlic butter, and brown sauce obviously.

Jesus that looks good.

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Jesus that looks good.

Nice.

I'll make you one and send it over some day jingle, all you'll need to do is whack in oven for 20mins or so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Pasta with mashed bean sauce and broccoli. Decidedly meh.

kylith wrote: »
    Pasta with mashed bean sauce and broccoli. Decidedly meh.

I'd mangle it! Looks yum.

• Advertisement

Fish, potatoes, mustard and green beans.
    All from Lidl, I'm lazy.

IMG-20201115-224226.jpg

Advertisement