Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

woodchuck wrote: »
    Recipe? :D

6 chicken thighs marinated in spicy sauce ( I had vietnamese bbq sauce in cupboard, whatever type spice you like) for a few hours.
    Fry them off on high heat to get a crust in an oven proof pan( that has a lid), set aside, fry onion add the garlic chilli ginger in the same pan add in whatever veggies you want now(I didn't)
    Add a cup of rice, cup of chicken stock and a tin of coconut milk, stir around mix everything. Sit chicken on top of mixture, pop the lid on, into oven 200 degrees fan oven, check after 20/30mins
    Once liquid absorbed your ready to go, that's the basic recipe, add what type foods you like, it's very adaptable recipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

6 chicken thighs marinated in spicy sauce ( I had vietnamese bbq sauce in cupboard, whatever type spice you like) for a few hours.
    Fry them off on high heat to get a crust in an oven proof pan( that has a lid), set aside, fry onion add the garlic chilli ginger in the same pan add in whatever veggies you want now(I didn't)
    Add a cup of rice, cup of chicken stock and a tin of coconut milk, stir around mix everything. Sit chicken on top of mixture, pop the lid on, into oven 200 degrees fan oven, check after 20/30mins
    Once liquid absorbed your ready to go, that's the basic recipe, add what type foods you like, it's very adaptable recipe.

Thanks a mill, sounds delicious, I must give it a go sometime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Homemade steak and veg pie with airfyer chips. Deadly.

IMG-20201206-174153.jpg

When having steak and chips, brown sauce is your only man, and plenty of it too

IMG-20201206-174339.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mr. Dizzy braved subzero temperatures to barbecue ribeye steaks tonight :)

20201206-190151.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

We had maple glazed loin of bacon, parsley sauce, carrots, broccoli, roasted new potatoes and gravy. After a long walk in the fog it was just the ticket.

• Advertisement

The other half made a boeuf bourguignon. He's really getting into this cooking thing! :pac:

The other half made a boeuf bourguignon. He's really getting into this cooking thing! :pac:

What's your secret? I can only get himself to cook meat, potatoes and veg :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

I do 90% of the cooking in our place and the meal planning and the food shopping!

conor_ie wrote: »
    I do 90% of the cooking in our place and the meal planning and the food shopping!

I do all the meal planning and most of the cooking here too. I get him to do the food shopping on his own occasionally, but it does usually involve numerous phone calls :P
    "Are finely chopped tinned tomatoes ok?"
    "Do you need the cherry tomatoes to be on the vine?"
    "They don't have red grapes. Do you want super sweet red grapes instead?"
    "Do you want a large bag of small carrots, or a small bag of large carrots?"

:pac: I usually send him out so I can get some housework done, but sure I end up spending half the time on the phone to him anyway :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had minced beef stew tonight. I hadn't made one in a few years and just threw it into a pot after Christmas shopping so I could sit down for a couple of hours. It was actually lovely, I enjoyed it much more than I expected to :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Man Cook for sale here.:D

I shop, plan and cook. Since the whole Covid/work thing, I've noticed how intense it is. But still enjoying it. However I don't change beds. I don't use the washing machine. I don't clean bathrooms.:D

We had minced beef stew tonight. I hadn't made one in a few years and just threw it into a pot after Christmas shopping so I could sit down for a couple of hours. It was actually lovely, I enjoyed it much more than I expected to :)

Did you throw in a packet of oxtail soup? :)

We had jimbalaya tonight, again the husband made it.

Did you throw in a packet of oxtail soup? :)

We had jimbalaya tonight, again the husband made it.

No I didn't though that's how the Mammy used to make it.

I love jambalaya! Sounds like your hubby's loving cooking - and is good at it too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Mattar paneer with homemade garlic coriander naan.
    I'll be honest, if I had to pick food I had to live off every day for the rest of my life, this would be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

No pic but Sausages and "posh baked beans" tonight.
    I call them posh because I actually make them instead of opening a tin :D
    Missing some extra carbs, some toast..a sautéed potato or 10 wouldnt have gone astray but alas I'm trying to cut down!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

^ Snap-ish! :)

We had Southern Style Pork and Beans tonight with bread.

3963-AC02-8-BC9-448-E-8-D6-E-DBB775394-EC5.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/southern-style_pork_and_91730

Yesterday we had Nigella’s 6 ingredient pasta. We didn’t have any cavelo nera or nduja sausage so used cabbage and spicy chorizo instead.

9-E031975-1-D6-D-4995-AEFA-EC074-A13-DCB6.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/giant_fusilli_with_53792

Jesus gloom they both look savage - couldn't possibly pick which one I think I'd prefer. *Drool*

Freezer chilli. Corn, tortillas, jalapenos, cheese, sour cream, wraps. Some kind of amazing cheesecake for dessert from the Butler's Pantry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Freezer chilli. Corn, tortillas, jalapenos, cheese, sour cream, wraps. Some kind of amazing cheesecake for dessert from the Butler's Pantry.

I miss the Butlers Pantry so much. Back in the noughties I was a regular at their Rathgar branch on my way out of town. Too far way now,:(

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I miss the Butlers Pantry so much. Back in the noughties I was a regular at their Rathgar branch on my way out of town. Too far way now,:(

My pregnant friend came to collect my some baby things, and brought the most beautiful cake from there with her. My first experience of them. It was scrumptious. It also tasted expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Butlers Pantry is really expensive alright.
    Good, but very dear.

A portion of Boeuf Bourgignon is about €10, and €38 (I think) for the larger portion for 5. That is without potatoes/ rice/ pasta.

Tonight we've had sirloin steak cooked medium rare with home made pepper sauce, with broccoli, onion rings and potato lattices. More cheesecake for dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I didn't go to the shop (well - I did go to get stuff for lunch with the intent of going to Aldi before dinner, which never happened), so I had to do something from the freezers which are quite empty in advance of Christmas

Moroccan spiced Quorn mince with rice it was - would have worked very well with the suggested harissa yoghurt that nearly every recipe suggests but, yoghurts in the shop not my kitchen!

We had chicken kiev, mash, peas and gravy. It was only okay.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

We went out for Thai last night.. first night in a restaurant in a looooooong time!

Assorted starters, Chicken Penang Curry for herself and Tiger Prawn Massaman Curry washed down with plenty of Singha Beer! Heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Nicest Dinner in Ages, Does anyone else find it hard to cook for 1 ? Give me a few people anytime...Anyway... Chicken Thighs, Asparagus, Celery, Brocelli and baby Roasties. It was so tasty !
    Thighs-roasties.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Slow-cooked baby back ribs from my favourite butcher, the wonderful Brown Pig, with BBQ sauce, baby roast potatoes and coleslaw. Clean plates all round!

Aldi are selling these extra large prawns at the minute.

IMG-20201213-171741.jpg

So I panfried them for a bit, then made a korma out of them, served with rice.

IMG-20201213-174120.jpg

They were so good.

We had pizzas tonight, they were lovely :)

20201213-184034.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Chicken Tikka Masala from a recipe in the instant pot thread. Was quite good. Only got the Instant pot last week. Impressed so far did a beef bourguignon a few days ago and the curry today.

Doing the beef in an hour was certainly impressive. The curry wan't that much quicker than doing it on the hob but it's certainly save a lot of minding. Sauted onion, garlic and spices for a few minutes bunged everything else in and came back in 20 minutes. Certainly handier than standing over a pot stirring for half an hour!

536074.jpg

Advertisement