Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Angus burgers and steak cut chips

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had a dinner fail tonight. I defrosted pizza dough I'd made last week and made pizzas, but the bases didn't bake properly and I didn't eat mine. Himself ate his, he didn't mind. I find pizza dough is never as good after freezing so I won't be doing that again.

So I've just had a Big Mac from the drive through near us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

All the mash and beans talk gave me a hankering.....

attachment.php?attachmentid=541548&d=1612041954

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Bazmo wins dish of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

awec wrote: »
    Bazmo wins dish of the day.

I want to know who had the missing sausage? :)

• Advertisement

I want to know who had the missing sausage? :)

:D:D

The 3 year old! 4 would’ve been too much. Daddy Bear ended up with 5 though!! :)

It really is comfort food of the highest level.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Bit of a story with this one.

Did a venison shank a couple of months ago and it was fantastic. Cheap, too - around €5. Loads of meat.

Then got another one but this was really, very gamey. Pretty stinky to my taste. We cooked it but only picked at it. Did manage to pawn it off on some friends who enjoy more gamey meat and they did enjoy it.

I mentioned this to the seller - that they were very, very different to each other. I wasn't looking for my money back or anything, I just wanted to let her know how gamey some are compared to others. I thought she seemed a bit dismissive but I didn't dwell on it.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and when buying chicken thighs from the same vendor yesterday, the woman I had spoken to produced a venison shank that she could personally guarantee was not strong or gamey. She refused to take any money for it.

Tldr:
    Having slow roast venison shank with onions, garlic, bayleaves and allspice. Baked potatoes and tenderstem broccoli, tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

First beans and now my game meat tastes too gamey!

Sit in the corner,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Bit harsh rasta!

I had chinese last night. Steak and chips tonight me thinks

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Bit harsh rasta!

Go after beans and this is what happens. Although I'm not very serious.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Bit harsh rasta!

To be fair, the beer revolu did refer to anyone who likes beans as "perverts" and "peasants" :pac:

I had a Chinese last night too.

Today my 11 year old niece is cooking us dinner and dropping it round. I'm looking forward to it as she's a great little budding chef!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

We had Japanese take away last night. You feel less guilty eating Japanese compared to Chinese. Not sure if it’s justified.

RasTa wrote: »
    First beans and now my game meat tastes too gamey!

Sit in the corner,

Jaysus, there's gamey and there's gamey!
    It's a fine line between gamey and gone off!
    I'm amazed that our friends actually ate it.

Oh, and eff off!

To be fair, the beer revolu did refer to anyone who likes beans as "perverts" and "peasants" :pac:

You forgot degenerates!

Jaysus, there's gamey and there's gamey!
    It's a fine line between gamey and gone off!
    I'm amazed that our friends actually ate it.

Oh, and eff off!

May I suggest smokey BBQ beans with vension next time?

IMG_8477.jpg

https://foodforhunters.blogspot.com/2013/12/smoky-bbq-beans-with-venison.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I had a Chinese last night too.

Today my 11 year old niece is cooking us dinner and dropping it round. I'm looking forward to it as she's a great little budding chef!

I had chinese last night as well.

Today its shredded chicken in the slow cooker with taco and mexican rice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

We had Japanese take away last night. You feel less guilty eating Japanese compared to Chinese. Not sure if it’s justified.

Funny that!

Also, never feel guilty for eating food you enjoy! It's not a crime.

We also had Chinese of sorts last night.
    Steamed chicken and rice with some sort of Chinese greens.

It's kinda based on the hianese chicken posted here recently but I've simplified it and adapted to our taste.
    Boned chicken thighs steamed with ginger and garlic and coated in soy sauce and sesame oil to serve (skin on).
    I steam whatever greens we are having with the chicken.
    I just do plain rice - don't really think it's worth making stock to cook the rice.
    I make a spiced bone broth to serve along side.
    Picked chillies or sirracha on the plate.

It's one of our favourite meals.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Sounds nice TBR.

I mostly never flavour rice, when there is flavour in the main dish.

I'm in an Asian food buzz recently, so looking at ways to make it healthier.

I have never eaten so much broccoli!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Recliner

Also had Chinese last night.
    It did not end well.
    So no food today, just plenty of fluids.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Recliner wrote: »
    Also had Chinese last night.
    It did not end well.
    So no food today, just plenty of fluids.

Oh no! Hope you feel better soon :)

We had roast beef tonight.

20210131-183735.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Lamb chops, roast potatoes, honey roasted carrots, peas and gravy.

To be fair, himself did most of the work!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Pizza that didn't quite rise ... thanks kmix mishap, with some Swedish Pizza salad on the side

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

We were sent a Thai chicken curry with basmatii rice and naan, with fresh limes, sliced chillis, chopped cashews and crispy onions for toppings. Chicken goujons were included for the small man. Dessert was a chocolate cloud cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Am I spoiled or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Thats impressive for an 11yr old!

Chicken Katsu from the Wagamama recipe that was posted ages ago. Big favourite in Casa BaZmO*

attachment.php?attachmentid=541677&d=1612130345

Oh no! Hope you feel better soon :)

I recovered enough to have sushi! Even got the OH to try it with some pickled ginger (which I hate) and salmon roe from Lidl.
    I'm waiting to see if it has any ill effects, but I was so hungry.
    All going well, tomorrow will be a masterclass in comfort eating. Watch this space!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Roast chicken dinner was planned, when I noticed the chicken fillets delivered in Friday's order had a use by date of today.
    So did sweet and sour chicken - Hong Kong style with chicken balls. I did the chicken myself, but used the Mayflower Cantonese Sweet and Sour sauce which I think is one of the few sweet and sour sauces I've ever liked!

• Advertisement

We were sent a Thai chicken curry with basmatii rice and naan, with fresh limes, sliced chillis, chopped cashews and crispy onions for toppings. Chicken goujons were included for the small man. Dessert was a chocolate cloud cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Am I spoiled or what?

This is from the 11 Yr old? I'm well impressed and not a small bit jealous.

Advertisement